Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Questions

So can you only "fix up" neighborhoods you live in? For example, if I have a sim live in Ports Promise, can they also do neighborhood plans in Grims Quarry and Conifer station neighborhoods or only stick to their own neighborhood? I know going back and forth will resut in lots of loading screens which would be annoying but I'm just curious.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    For my understanding only in the neighbourhood where your sim lives...
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think only your neighborhood can actively be changed but there are a lot of cheats coming with this pack so you may be able to adjust other neighborhoods by using cheats. I’m kind of hoping so at least.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think you can only change the hood you live in, but in one case the sim wanted to change a voting and needed only 5 sims to sign a protest (or something), and my understanding was that he could get help from sims not living in that hood... mind this was not the main voting, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    I guess i'm trying to understand what happens next after your neighborhood is all nice, cleaned up, and you have your community space up and running. I don't want my sims to keep moving to each neighborhood. Once my sim fixes everything up, then what? Is there some level of maintaining they have to keep up with ?
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If your end goal is to go from a polluted world to a clean, green one, then you achieve that goal when everything is cleaned up. From there you would maintain the world by continuing to live life the way that allowed you to achieve the clean, green. If you reach that point and you’re like now what? Guess you have to think of a new goal to work towards.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I guess i'm trying to understand what happens next after your neighbourhood is all nice, cleaned up, and you have your community space up and running. I don't want my sims to keep moving to each neighbourhood. Once my sim fixes everything up, then what? Is there some level of maintaining they have to keep up with ?

Yeah, I think the goal is then just to maintain it and keep it that way. I guess it'll be less of a challenge once the community space etc is up and running. But I wonder how trash etc feeds into that, if you have that new lot trait that means you have to keep on top of your recycling I wonder if the world will start to become more polluted again if you dont keep up with that. Maybe there are other things that make it more challenging to maintain. I play generationally, so for my game I think I'll have sims who clean up the world and then a child who is really slobbish and pollutes it - maybe some battles in voting between household members to keep changing the community lots, or buying items that use more electricity, so there's always a bit of a battle between clean and grimy? Just thinking out loud, but I think there's room for playing around with the environment even once you've reached green :)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think there's a difference between the neighborhood action plans and the community space when it comes to that. I'm pretty sure the NAP can only be voted by sims that live in that specific neighborhood, but it could/should be possible for all the sims that live in Evergreen Harbor to vote for the community spaces.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think there's a difference between the neighborhood action plans and the community space when it comes to that. I'm pretty sure the NAP can only be voted by sims that live in that specific neighborhood, but it could/should be possible for all the sims that live in Evergreen Harbor to vote for the community spaces.

I asked sim gurus this exact question on Twitter and the community spaces are per neighborhood not world based according to Jill. So if you are playing in a neighborhood and want a community space you have to place one down in that neighborhood. I don’t know if they change if you aren’t playing in that neighborhood though as it seems that NPCs vote anyway whether your sim does or not. Hmmmm curious for sure.