Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help, roommate is flirting with a child!

Yep, you read that correctly. My sim has a roommate, young adult female, who suddenly out of the blue started flirting with my sims sister, who's a child. The child responded to the flirting with the normal flirt back animation, but her body stretched tall during this, because the animation obviously wasn't made for the children sims. Right after, the adult sim started serenading the child sim with a guitar! The child sim stretched tall for a second to react to the serenading.

Omg, this is really frustrating, I don't want this in my game! It's a huge bug, or bad mod maybe? Does anyone know why this happened? Has this happened to anyone else? I tried googling but can't find anything similar. I have mods but haven't added anything new for a long time except today I deleted some mods, that's it.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gonna have to go through your mods. Process of elimination. Also try repairing your game.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    I have recently noticed some kids getting the flirty trait. Most likely a bug from copy and paste coding.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Try the 50/50 method if you have the time and see if that helps. If not, try repairing your game and delete some of the cache files

I really hope you can get it fixed somehow :hushed:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wanted to write all caps, but bold is fine. Just let me shout it. What in the world is happening in this game?

That actually reminds me the time when The Sims 4 (the base game itself) was just released. There was a glitch that allowed children to become flirty. When these children talked, they became stretched out.

And it also reminds me that when I discovered that a mother and her teenage daughter have developed romantic relationships.

This game's bugs just become more and more disturbing. :s
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited May 2020
    giphy.gif
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    The problem is not mods. This is because none of the social interactions during the "Wooing" Roommate NPC event test for age. I remember reading about it on Answer HQ.

thefreshsims has a fix on their tumblr, it's called "Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages" that you can use until Maxis fixes it.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

And it also reminds me that when I discovered that a mother and her teenage daughter have developed romantic relationships.
    There was also an oversight in Realm of Magic like this. One spell let you make a teen and adult kiss and develop a romance bar. They could also kiss their parents or other relatives. This was patched out, though IIRC the spell now only works on adults.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    yikes
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The problem is not mods. This is because none of the social interactions during the "Wooing" Roommate NPC event test for age. I remember reading about it on Answer HQ.

thefreshsims has a fix on their tumblr, it's called "Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages" that you can use until Maxis fixes it.

Same as influence a toddler/child to run naked (Research & Debate skill from EP09 Discover University)
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    yup it's not a mod issue.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    They also flirt with relatives too. hopefully this is addressed in the upcoming patch.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    thats not a good bug. i hope it gets fixed soon.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    They really need to start checking any new romance interactions. Wasn’t there an issue with Seasons where sims could use the bees to flirt with relatives? I think Get Famous also had a “celebrities can be flirted with by underage fans” thing, too.
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thank you so much for your answers, I'm soo glad it's not a mod-issue, because if it was I'd have one heck of a job to find the culprit :D
    I remember another bug some time ago, after cats and dogs came out I think, suddenly when I returned to a family the one adult sim had a high romantic relationship bar with her adult cousin AND brother! :# I freaked out then too... So these bugs are way too common if you ask me. Creepy.

Edit: I downloaded the fix by thefreshsims, I guess that'll do it :) thanks @logion !
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Creepy, much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    plau wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your answers, I'm soo glad it's not a mod-issue, because if it was I'd have one heck of a job to find the culprit :D
    I remember another bug some time ago, after cats and dogs came out I think, suddenly when I returned to a family the one adult sim had a high romantic relationship bar with her adult cousin AND brother! :# I freaked out then too... So these bugs are way too common if you ask me. Creepy.

Edit: I downloaded the fix by thefreshsims, I guess that'll do it :) thanks @logion !

I don't play with mods but I remember seeing a post? (might have been a video) about a mod that made it much easier to find a broken mod. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about and can point you to it?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I've had this bug. I think it's the flirty introduction or something like that causes it.
    Maybe could be something else like what others said too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif