Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DebugEnabler "delete inventory" option

So I have this sim whose inventory kinda bugged out. The thumbnails of the objects in her inventory were flickering like crazy, and I couldn't drag them out or sell them, thus I used the "delete inventory" option from NRaas DebugEnabler, but it also made her phone unusable. I know there's an option to retrieve it, but I just can't find it. I thought it was resetsim, but apparently, this isn't the case. Could anyone help me out?
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You're probably thinking of a MasterController Reset Sim. Although this shouldn't have happened, it sounds to me like this sim became corrupt before you applied the DebugEnabler command and that really didn't help things. A sim's phone is their identifier, they can't actually function without one.

Do you have the means to revert gameplay to a prior save from before this happened?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited May 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    You're probably thinking of a MasterController Reset Sim. Although this shouldn't have happened, it sounds to me like this sim became corrupt before you applied the DebugEnabler command and that really didn't help things. A sim's phone is their identifier, they can't actually function without one.

Do you have the means to revert gameplay to a prior save from before this happened?

I was really sure I once read about the delete inventory option as a fix, and the resetsim cheat as a way to get the phone back, but oh well. Fortunately I saved not too long ago, so i just quit the game without saving. Though this still doesn't explain why the inventory broke in the first place.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Kind of related, I have a toy from ATS3 stuck in a Sim's inventory that's not able to be dragged out ever. How do I remove just the one object?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited May 2020
    Kind of related, I have a toy from ATS3 stuck in a Sim's inventory that's not able to be dragged out ever. How do I remove just the one object?

Click on it and you should be able to choose "NRaas" and then DebugEnabler and RadiusPurge. Do that and it should be deleted.

That is, if you have the DebugEnabler mod. :tongue:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Sometimes, you can make objects that don't let you handle them anymore "repair" by moving them back and forth between a sim's inventory and the family inventory via Master Controller. Doesn't always work, but it is worth a try.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Cororon wrote: »

Click on it and you should be able to choose "NRaas" and then DebugEnabler and RadiusPurge. Do that and it should be deleted.
    How can that be done if the item is stuck in a sim's inventory? That's typically meant for an object on the ground.

Very often using MasterController to sort a personal inventory, even if it contains only one item, is enough to unstick that which might be stuck.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Cororon wrote: »

How can that be done if the item is stuck in a sim's inventory? That's typically meant for an object on the ground.

I use it all the time for objects that can't be sold or things I just want to delete without getting money for. It should work on stuck objects as well if there isn't some strange problem going on.

b0PQu7Q.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif