Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Consequences of having too many played sims?

I set my game to allow a maximum of 200 played sims, yet a few months ago the active sim count in my one and only save passed that mark. To avoid consequences, I've been marking households that I'm not currently playing as unplayed, but packs like Realm of Magic and Discover University keep messing them up by turning them into witches and students and other things I don't want them to be. One former soldier turned Foxbury student even lost her job because of it while I wasn't playing her household, and there's no option to stop it. Guess I have no choice but to mark them all as played again.

So my question is: What happens if I have more active sims than my settings allow? Would it severely impact the game's performance if I set the number of allowed sims to unlimited?

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    The only thing that I have noticed are longer loading times.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited May 2020
    I always have too many played sims, and my biggest consequence is that it takes months, even years to get to them all, especially since I'm a slow player, one, maybe two sim days per playing session. Plus it's gets repetitive & tedious to play them, because there's really not enough content to fully diversify numerous households. As for performance issues, with too many households it does load & run a little slower, but not enough to really be an issue with my laptop.
    Gallery ID: LDM2