❄️ Get ready for the Snowy Escape Live Stream today! ❄️ Let's watch it together here.
October 30 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Redesigning Pre-made Homes

Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 496 Member
Hey y'all I decided to start this thread to show all y'all my redesigns of the pre-made lots in TS4. Feel free to share y'all's too.
If you've made a YouTube video of any of your creations feel free to link it. If your lot is on the gallery, leave that link too so others can check them out and download them!
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 496 Member
    edited May 24
    Sandtrap Flat Redesign
    UzRvzBM.png
    25Hdcdy.png

Gallery Link:
    Sandtrap Flat

YouTube Link:
    Sandtrap Flat Redo
    Riverside Roost Redesign

47n0xzY.png
    HoUnNZT.png
    MYVnb5h.png
    EMfGVyv.png

Gallery Link:
    Riverside Roost Redo

YouTube Link:
    Riverside Roost Redesign
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 154,771 Member
    edited May 24
    Your makeover of the two homes are very nice! :) Very nice interior furnishing of each of them!
    Very nice blue and white colour of Sandtrap Flat and the touches of yellow with the dining chairs is very nice. Very nice sofa seat sitting area for Sims to enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv and listening to stereo music. The colourful plumbob wallart add a nice look to the living room, and the plants are nice touches,
    Very nice tv watching area in Riverside Roost also. The curtains and fruit pictures are very nice on the wall either sides of the tv. Very nice outdoors living balcony off from the bedroom! Sims will enjoy sitting there looking out at the views.The patterned flooring in the bedroom is very nice. The pig is a cute touch on the dresser :)
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 298 Member
    Nice! I have been wanting to. Do you try to keep it under a certain cost and packs?
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 388 Member
    edited May 26
    I just thought I would share my Deluxe Daisy Hovel. It's still a base game starter but I did make some changes that I like. First I opened up the kitchen to get a lighter, brighter feel to the living room. I also added more skill building items and did a little more debug landscaping in the yard.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A7858F2742411EA8CD8F1AA7B1EA5C5

The new floor plan.
    aEMfSa2.png
    shakerella wrote: »
    Nice! I have been wanting to. Do you try to keep it under a certain cost and packs?

I haven't tried keeping it down to base game or only one pack yet, but that's a great idea! I'll try that with my next remodel.
    Deluxe Daisy Hovel is a very nice renovation of the home! @wendyology :) The new floor plan is great! The flowers are pretty along the front area of the home. It is a great there is now an outdoors chess area, and Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the front porch in the outdoors air. Very nice corner sofa sitting and tv watching area. They will enjoy sitting at the study desk using the computer.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 388 Member
    @Patch__2008 This thread inspired me to do another remodel, this time in Windenberg. I personally have been trying to keep to the same price point and packs as the original home so it can easily replace the Maxis version and serve the same function. The appeal of fantasy versions with all the packs is fun too, it's all about good labelling in the gallery so people know what they are getting.

Original Proprietor's Square is pretty dark inside and doesn't have the charm that the exterior would suggest. The biggest alteration I made was moving the staircase. This let me convert a narrow, galley kitchen into a larger eat-in room. I also improved the lighting to be more rustic but also brighter. Also the wall patterns and furniture have been adjusted to look a bit more antique.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0D928E449FA511EA86434BBF48D73738

t8wWrMG.png
    4XQUxpY.png
    KpakIns.png
    @wendyology Your redesign is so cute!
    Very lovely makeover of Proprietor's Square! @wendyology :) The larger dining area and the new wall pattern is very nice! The changed furniture is very nice and suits the home and works very well. The curtains, floor rug and candles ceiling lights are very nice.
    I uploaded another redesign speed build on my channel. This one is Rindle Rose in Willow Creek. I did record it before @shakerella suggested I do a build limited to certain packs so it does include items from Get to Work, City Living, and Get Together. However my next video (which is going live on Monday) is a base game only speed build.
    Video:

This build is also on the gallery if you want to download it!
    Your redesign of Rindle Rose is lovely! :) Very nice furnishings and open plan layout! The warm natural brown color is very nice and pretty wall pattern. The display shelves item is homely in the corner nook. Very nice design of the bedrooms! The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the master bedroom shelving, and the dinosaur and animal chair in the kids room are cute!
    It is a very nice family home :)
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Here is my renovation of Visa Quarry in Oasis Springs. I moved in a family, two parents one kid, with 20k in funds. Then I sold all the furniture inside the house, redid the floor plan, and furnished the house using the money I had.

Find it here on the gallery

CM9YTBj.png
    Front of the house. I kept the style of the exterior similar to the original build, but used more desert plants like those you find around Oasis Springs. Some of the plants are debug lol.

KLyJQLP.png
    Back of the house with glass roof over the patio

YHnvTgg.png
    Open floor plan, light and airy like a house in Oasis Springs needs to be! Also plenty of space for playing in and adding another bedroom or bathroom or anything else as you might need for your game.

SzsDTb4.png
    Modern kitchen – the dad is a chef in my game.

Dq3T6Kf.png
    Living room and dining room.

hMwBjto.png
    Dining room and entryway, where there's an area for activities tables for the kid.

6z2MSw7.png
    Kid's room. Unpopular opinion maybe but I really like the basegame kids furniture cause it all matches! I lifted up the bookshelf to be behind the desk. The desk is still functional, but the bookshelf isn't. But I love how that looks lol.

jBJlpVS.png
    Master bedroom with warm yellow bedding and curtains contrasting the pale blue walls and rug. A small office space for the parents with their computer.

sAzNcmM.png
    Patio with glass roof, easel, seating, gardening items, and kiddie pool to cool down.

Hope you guys enjoy playing in it!

@wanderinglizzy your redesign is so pretty!
    @Patch__2008 Thanks! I like your redesign of Streamlet Single too, looks way classier.
    I renovated Johnny Zest’s sad looking trailer in Oasis Springs using his budget and basegame objects only. I reused or sold all the objects he started out with. I had fun with this as I love building small homes but I rarely work with a budget so that was a bit of a challenge.

Find it on the gallery here.

QAVo4w5.jpg
    Exterior. The style was kept mostly the same, but he has a nice grill now.

yDvTEhz.png
    Floorplan

RhzNjmc.png
    Entrance, dining table, bookshelf, and clutter items.

8W9xy6D.png
    Upgraded kitchen. Counter doubles as a workspace with a moveable laptop.

VN3yMYO.jpg
    Living area with his mic and guitar, so he can perform for guests or friends.

Pr4eYjL.png
    Gave him a double bed cause he deserves one lol

7xS2wfr.png
    Outdoor table and grill for entertaining, and some pots for gardening.
    @wanderinglizzy I love the decor you added! It looks so much more homey now.

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 647 Member
    Loving you redo's - I might get inspired to play more in building mode.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    I did a base game only remodel of Skyscape in Oasis Spring. I hope y'all check it out and enjoy!

qv3Xb6p.png
    Oj6Y767.png
    I redesigned Agave Abode and I'd love it if you checked out the video! I made it a lot more livable while still being affordable for a starter couple.

F7soKve.png
    02sDgyf.png
    dIZRGsR.png
    edited July 7
    Hey y'all I gave Johnny Zest's trailer a makeover. Trust me... it needed it. I added in more lighting to brighten it up and added a bit more life to the overall house. I hope you enjoy the speed build video I posted on my channel and if you do leave a like! Also feel free to comment which premade house I should remodel next.

9FrVRj8.png
    14HbKh9.png
  • JessAlphaJessAlpha Posts: 13 New Member
    Great work Patch. Ill have to get on and get some screenshots, redesign/remodel is all I can do. Sometimes they look good too, lol.
    JessAlpha wrote: »
    Great work Patch. Ill have to get on and get some screenshots, redesign/remodel is all I can do. Sometimes they look good too, lol.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your remodels!
    Hey y'all I just uploaded a video of my remodel of the Free Spirits' house in Windenburg and I'd love if you'd check it out! If you enjoy be sure to like the video.