Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should past packs receive Aspiration and Trait updates?

I am extremely happy that Eco Lifestyle is getting a lot of Traits and Aspirations, but I wish the same would have been done to previous packs, primarily because the game severely lacks in Trait variety.

Some examples:

Get To Work:
Entrepreneur Aspiration - Focuses on Retail Stores.
Workplace Wonder Trait - Boosts work performance and relationships with co-workers.
Sweet Tooth Trait - Sims gain happiness from eating Baked goods, get Tense if they haven't had anything sweet in a while, can discuss sweet foods and get a boost to the Baking Skill.

The possibilities are numerous and I can think of 50 Traits and Aspirations that could have been added with previous packs.

On top of this I also feel there's a lot of missed opportunity in expanding existing traits further, like I don't know if this is the case or not in Eco Lifestyle, but I hope Evil Sims get happy moodlets from making the world more industrial and smoggy.

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Those are some great ideas and I wish they would have incorporated them.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They can still add the Sweet tooth trait that could be added easily in a family or kids pack and they can still add new aspirations pretty sleepy the base game just like they've done freelance careers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes I believe they should.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2020
    100% yes especially with the kids theyneed more aspirations and traits that are more child driven, maybe determine what type of teenager they become?
    Post edited by SimsterLiv on
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I hadn't even thought of a Sweet Tooth Trait, I love that idea.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    SimsterLiv wrote: »
    100% yes especially with the kids theyneed more aspirations and traits that are more child driven, maybe determine what type of teenager they become?

Agreed! I really wish Traits would be more tied to growth like the personality value traits in Parenthood. Like perhaps Sims get the Clumsy Trait if they grow up but have low Movement Skill as a Toddler?
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I would really like some more traits with the game. Aspirations aren't as needed, in my opinion, since if I can't find and aspiration that fits the story I have planned for my sim then I just give them a random one and continue focusing on my own goals. The trait list is kind of abysmal though.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    They should add a wellness aspiration to Spa Day under fitness.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That would be nice. I think there’s only one fitness inspiration, bodybuilder. How about world famous athlete ? Or yes, wellness.
    peragogo wrote: »

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I am always adding custom traits and trying out personality mods. I wish the traits and aspirations would effect the sims personality. It seems to me they are either sad or angry but still doesn't affect their interactions with other sims. The only time I see fights happen is with the detective career when you go to work with them, there is no spontaneous fighting with non- played sims otherwise.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes, we need more Aspirations & Traits.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

Definitely, as there's only one fitness aspiration so far.
    Cats & Dogs with just one aspiration (and I believe just one trait as well) was a flop in this aspect, too. And there should be a mermaid-specific aspiration or two added to IL.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, yes. Even better, add some cross pack aspirations too. For example, we can add master of sport by combining basketball, soccer, and ping-pong.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes they should seeing as a lot of people say we get more because of all the reused animations in every pack something basic like traits should be expected in every pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am extremely happy that Eco Lifestyle is getting a lot of Traits and Aspirations, but I wish the same would have been done to previous packs, primarily because the game severely lacks in Trait variety.

Some examples:

Get To Work:
    Entrepreneur Aspiration - Focuses on Retail Stores.
    Workplace Wonder Trait - Boosts work performance and relationships with co-workers.
    Sweet Tooth Trait - Sims gain happiness from eating Baked goods, get Tense if they haven't had anything sweet in a while, can discuss sweet foods and get a boost to the Baking Skill.

The possibilities are numerous and I can think of 50 Traits and Aspirations that could have been added with previous packs.

On top of this I also feel there's a lot of missed opportunity in expanding existing traits further, like I don't know if this is the case or not in Eco Lifestyle, but I hope Evil Sims get happy moodlets from making the world more industrial and smoggy.

I would like to see more aspirations added into the game. With that said I can see an aspiration added in as a custom aspiration for making the world more polluted rather than cleaned up. I would love to see alien aspirations added in officially. We have aspirations for other occults. I would also love to have more aspirations for good sims.

I have a lot of custom aspirations I use in the game because of the lack of official aspirations. I can understand if it's something like woohooing so many people in an "aspiration" or becoming a trophy wife or other things such as that not being in an official aspiration for our sims because of wanting to keep a T rating. That's what custom aspirations should be for the politically incorrect and things that barely keep a T rating or unusual aspirations that might not appeal to the majority of simmers out there.

@peragogo There are a few custom aspirations for fitness out there including a wellness one but I agree I would love to see some more officially put into the game.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I feel we need more aspirations, though apparently people hate them, as they are too much of a “storyline“ to follow -_-“ ... whatever that means lol
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    This game generally needs more traits and aspirations, especially "negative" ones.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I definitely think we need more aspirations.

It would be nice if they increased the trait slots too, so we could add more and not just 3.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm happy either way.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

ddd994 wrote: »
    I feel we need more aspirations, though apparently people hate them, as they are too much of a “storyline“ to follow -_-“ ... whatever that means lol

I kind of like the way Sims 4 uses Aspirations to guide players through the new content, it helps me understand what content comes with the pack better.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I definitely think we need more aspirations.

It would be nice if they increased the trait slots too, so we could add more and not just 3.

Especially with more and more traits being added. I feel like Adults and Elders should be given Trait slots to provide a bit more incentive for players to age Sims up, and it helps to differentiate them from Young Adult.
    This game generally needs more traits and aspirations, especially "negative" ones.

It would be really cool if they added a section for Phobia Traits and maybe add Scared and/or Disgusted Emotions. Or perhaps an Attraction and Preference System since likes and dislikes kind of are mini-traits.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

I really like this idea.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes, all the packs need the Aspirations & Traits Upgrades.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    We definitely need more aspirations and we desperately need more whims, so the whims for 1X1 pools and bee boxes stop coming up every 5 minutes. Traits, I'm not so sure about. Maybe if accompanied by a total overhaul of the traits whims and aspirations that increased the base amount of traits for adults, fixed the broken whims & made whims more meaningful and also fleshed out some of the more bare bones aspirations that have come out recently that feel as boring and as challenging as the tutorial aspirations.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs