Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storytelling via Custom Individualized Aspirations

ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The Sims 4 already has plenty of UI that allows us to create our own gameplay for example with Seasons (create Events/Holidays and name them, select an icon, a date, and traditions) or with Get Together (clubs with their own name, do's and don'ts, etc..).

I think the game would benefit greatly from having an empty aspiration available to every Sim. Let's call it the "Lifetime Happiness Aspiration" or something like that. This aspiration could be created within CAS or in-game. When a new Sim selects this aspiration for the first time, you get the ability to select the different goals for each tier of the aspiration and name it. Once this is done, it's set in stone and that will become that Sim's "Lifetime Happiness Aspiration."

For example, let's say I build a Sim called Alex who is a bit shy and lives alone. He loves the outdoors and wants to get into flower arranging and gardening. Eventually he dreams of making a lot of money, owning a successful flower shop, getting married, and having kids. His aspiration goals could look like this (every time you see an (x) it's a number the player should be able to fully customize, some people might want very high difficulty and others might not):

Tier 1
Plant (x) different plants
Make (x) excellent quality flower arrangements
Talk to plants for (x) hours

Tier 2
Gift someone a rose-scented flower arrangement
Evolve (x) Excellent Quality Plants
Make (x) Masterpiece Flower Arrangements

Tier 3
Reach Level 10 Gardening
Reach Level 10 Flower Arranging
Evolve a Perfect Money Tree
Propose to a Sim at (Lot Type: (x) -- e.g., National Park)

Tier 4
Get Married
Have (x) Children
Own a Retail Store Worth At Least (x)
Own a Retail Store With At Least (x) Perks

By being able to create a custom "Lifetime Happiness Aspiration", you'll be able to write down an individualized path to happiness for each of your Sims (if you want), which would make storytelling a lot more interesting. The reward trait for this could be something like a permanent +1 Happy buff or maybe that could be customizable as well.

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Love this! I would love to make these and maybe they could save per file so you could play them with other sims too.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    really well thought about, storytelling lifetime goals and chance happenings are a really cool idea, most of us love a challenge, and setting our own game play so this fits in nicely lets hope the Gurus have a think about it too :)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel