Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Young Adult retirement chance card.

I've started playing a long lost save. My young adult passed level 10 a long time ago (aging off). What I assume is a chance card just popped up offering him to retire from the culinary career with a one time payment. I don't think I've ever seen this before, are top level sims always given the offer of early retirement no matter their age? And why was it a measly §6,500?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Never saw that before either. Very measly, more like 1920s or earlier. THe days when $10 a week was thought good money.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It's a fame chance card, most careers have them. Your sim should have gained 1 or 2 fame stars from it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Ah, it's from Get Famous. That explains why I didn't see it before. I'm still surprised the payment was less than a week's wages. I closed THAT without saving.
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    That's intresting, I've never seen that before, I wonder what other chance cards I have never seen?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ah, it's from Get Famous. That explains why I didn't see it before. I'm still surprised the payment was less than a week's wages. I closed THAT without saving.

My sim went with it, I like consequences. She took up a job as a food critic, since she had a culinary degree. It didn't pay nearly as well. I chalk it up to my sim being scammed with the promises of riches and fame.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Even though the sim 'retires' if you accept the card, there is nothing stopping them from getting their job back again. I had a criminal get a similar card. I accepted it and then had them go back into the criminal career. They had to start a few levels lower and work their way back up again with promotions, but I think that actually netted extra money in the end because of all the promotion bonuses she ended up earning a second time!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited May 2020
    BK747 wrote: »
    Even though the sim 'retires' if you accept the card, there is nothing stopping them from getting their job back again. I had a criminal get a similar card. I accepted it and then had them go back into the criminal career. They had to start a few levels lower and work their way back up again with promotions, but I think that actually netted extra money in the end because of all the promotion bonuses she ended up earning a second time!

I might try it next time it happens. Although it seems that the fame stars are the biggest bonus in the deal. When a sim earns so much at level 10 in a career, §6,500 or even §10,000 doesn't seem like all that much. And considering how easy it is to get rich make money in the game, an extra §10,000 doesn't seem like a lot. I guess I consider anything over §50,000 in cash as rich.