Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's in a name?

My sim is pregnant! Yaaaaay!

Now comes the hard part- naming the baby. Fortunately I've set the pregnancy length to six days so I have time to take a poll.

Anne Bolden is the mother, she is a bookworm (so I've narrowed down the selection of names to literary ones). The father is Lukas Bolden, a freelance bohemian artist who is looking forward to eco living next month (so the names needed to be a bit pretentious artistic).

They already have a toddler daughter Arriety. Oh, and the baby is a boy! (Thanks MCC!)

Thanking you all in advance. Please choose...wisely.

What's in a name? 44 votes

Aramis (He's the best Musketeer after all)
25%
icmnfrshaprilroseMDianaSimsRedShoe7afai1261peragogocitysimmerSERVERFRADaWaterRatUniqueKhaosFreshMeat 11 votes
Benvolio (HE'S A GOOD MAN)
4%
DoloresGreyMyriadSims 2 votes
Roald (Obvs)
2%
loubyloulou 1 vote
Pip (Maybe he'll win the lottery?)
11%
MindofySindocatParmaViolet87SimmerMarsBearpal64 5 votes
Owain (Nothing if not persistent)
13%
ZorgaMariefoxprice83annaliese39EnkiSchmidtMondayKrueger 6 votes
Neville (Bravery comes in many forms and you'll need it if you're a Neville)
13%
NRoweDevilNDisguiseNationalPokedexWispyeVanesa1118yannokfc_2 6 votes
Edmund (Likes his sweets)
9%
OldeseadoggeEvie0602PenguinBudgiexstxrrysequence 4 votes
Samuel (His name's Sam, Sam)
9%
crocobauraKimmerVikorenjiAi 4 votes
Other (Which strikes me as an odd name but whatever)
11%
smurf45bluetaydevDaraviChazzzySimAlexandria 5 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Apple
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If you mean the one I think you do, Turkish Delight is ghastly stuff. Had some, made in Turkey, and...eeew! Still, he learned his lesson and became wise and respected. Also have an umpteen greats grandfather (early 1700s) with the name, so that helps the vote as well.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    Turkish Delight is ghastly stuff. Had some, made in Turkey, and...eeew!

whaat? Turkish Delight is divine! Cadbury does a bar here, covered in chocolate. Maybe you had a bad batch? it should be hard enough to pick up and pinch without deforming, but basicaly melt like a very soft lolly on your tongue.

The stuff matched your description, but tatsed horrible. It wasn't the enchanted kind, so maybe that's why. On the other hand, I did learn how to pronounce Aslan properly. Both 'a's are as the a in father. One of the side benefits of working for a Turkish owned company.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

whaat? Turkish Delight is divine! Cadbury does a bar here, covered in chocolate. Maybe you had a bad batch? it should be hard enough to pick up and pinch without deforming, but basicaly melt like a very soft lolly on your tongue.

I'm on the ewwww side haha. I can't stand Turkish Delight. The texture is terrible, it's too sweet, and it's even worse with chocolate haha
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I voted for Other. I have no other suggestions, but"Other" would be a funny name for the kid

I'm on the ewwww side haha. I can't stand Turkish Delight. The texture is terrible, it's too sweet, and it's even worse with chocolate haha

That's why! You jogged my memory, thank you! Had the straight version, no chocolate. I've heard odder names than 'other'. I know a guy whose first name is 'Baby Boy'. His mom couldn't think of one, so that's what he got stuck with. Cool guy, though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Samuel (His name's Sam, Sam)
    I think Samuel sounds nice.
    Turkish delight is nice when it's flavoured, not just sweet.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Aramis (He's the best Musketeer after all)
    I was tempted to vote Neville, but Aramis souds more artistic and suits the name of his sister :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    If the parents are artist, then you should use an exotic name like the name from Elon Musk Baby. ;)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Pip (Maybe he'll win the lottery?)
    Pip - it's already short, no need to shorten it for a nickname.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I prefer Edmund and Samuel, but I think Owain goes better with Arriety from your options. I personally like Dorian with Arriety best though from The Picture of Dorian Gray.