Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts For Halloween, Please.

2...Next

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    As much as I'd love happy haunts it's just not good timing. I think a certain group of realism players would throw a screaming fit and ruin it for everyone else. Y'know, the usual speech. Nobody wanted this, we want cars! babies! old people! you're not allowed what you want until i get what i want!, yadda yadda. (before people get mad, if you don't do what i'm talking about, you're not who i'm talking about)

Who knows, maybe people would be more respectful since this is a pack a lot of us actually want but I doubt it. There's been outrage around every pack this year and there was even outrage around vampires coming out, so I don't see a pack for occult players going down well sadly.

If it did happen though I'd 100% be in support of it but I'd probably have to take a break from the sims community to avoid the negativity dragging me down.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    As much as I'd love happy haunts it's just not good timing. I think a certain group of realism players would throw a screaming fit and ruin it for everyone else. Y'know, the usual speech. Nobody wanted this, we want cars! babies! old people! you're not allowed what you want until i get what i want!, yadda yadda. (before people get mad, if you don't do what i'm talking about, you're not who i'm talking about)

Who knows, maybe people would be more respectful since this is a pack a lot of us actually want but I doubt it. There's been outrage around every pack this year and there was even outrage around vampires coming out, so I don't see a pack for occult players going down well sadly.

If it did happen though I'd 100% be in support of it but I'd probably have to take a break from the sims community to avoid the negativity dragging me down.

I mean, as far as the obnoxious ones go, those people are most likely just going to keep screaming anyway for the next thing, so I'm fine with continuing to request Happy Haunts, lol.

Besides, I think that there were enough ideas in the full concept to appeal to a variety of players. Putting dead relatives to rest could be the kind of gameplay that families and realism players find interesting.

I just hope it's at least being seriously considered.
    #Team Occult
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think what part of the problem with TS4 and players being so divided between Realistic and Occult players are that in other games, occults were introduced into regular play packs.

Sims 2
    • Aliens - Base Game
    • Zombies - University, Free Time and Apartment Life
    • Vampires - Nightlife
    • Servo - Open for Business
    • Werewolf - Pets
    • Plant Sim - Seasons
    • Bigfoot - Bon Voyage
    • Witches - Apartment Life

Sims 3

• Ghost - Base Game
    • Mummy - World Adventures
    • Simbot - Ambitions
    • Imaginary Friend - Generations
    • Unicorn - Pets
    • Genie - Showtime
    • Fairy, Werewolf, Witch, Zombie - Supernatural
    • Alien - Seasons
    • Plant Sim - University Life
    • Mermaid - Island Paradise
    • Plumbots - Into the Future

In Sims 4 there are 2 packs devoted to 2 life states (vampires and spellcasters, and then you have Star Wars with fake aliens) and all of the related build/buy and alot of the CAS is pretty niched to those themes. Plus the gameplay is more focused on those occults. Where in the other games you had "normal" gameplay packs that also included occults, so each pack had something for everyone with the exception of Supernatural from TS3 because obviously that entire pack revolved around, well ..... supernatural beings.

Now, I'm not saying that the other games had as fleshed out occults as TS4 since obviously they devoted an entire pack around them, but from a "normal" player's point of view, when they release packs that don't cohesively fit in with normal, boring everyday realistic gameplay, people get upset.

The same thing could be said for occult players, in the past each pack introduced some form of occult play, so even tho they may not have liked many aspects of the packs, they did include something they could get enjoyment out of. With TS4 for the most part it's either one or the other. So Occults lovers get a pack, it upsets Realistic Players. Realistic Players get a pack it upsets occult players.

I personally don't play with occults, and if Happy Haunts comes out, I'm sure there will be something I could use in my every day play.