Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good things coming to the Sims 4!

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I feel like a lot of people have been in a "lets complain about everything" mode and people haven't heard about all the amazing new things that we've been wanting for years that are coming to the sims for free in the next patch and a few other new things that are coming soon so here's a little list of all the good things coming:
  • Ladders are being added in the next patch and they're free for all users, you don't need Eco Lifestyle to get them!
  • Now if you don't pay your bills the repo-man will come to your house and start taking your stuff, this is also coming free with the June 2nd patch
  • Firefighters are also making a comeback, if there's a fire alarm on lot they'll come to put out the fire
  • You can now freely place doors and windows, also free to all users with the next patch
  • The inventory system is getting a revamp, I believe this is also free for all users with the patch
  • More apartments are coming with Eco Lifestyle, now you don't have to live in a high-rise city to live in an apartment!
  • Eco Lifestyle brings a new lot type that allows you to have 4 different variations of one lot, the building possibilities with this are endless (did someone say seasons park? ;) )
  • Bills are getting a revamp, I believe this is also free in the patch
  • All of the existing worlds have been updated with names and a backstory being given to each individual neighbourhood
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2020
    What's the point of listing unofficial modded content in between of confirmed official content?

But I'm happy about all the new updates that are coming to the base game :)

Edit: I forgot, firefighters haven't actually been confirmed, in case anyone wanted to call me out on that ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Why would you talk about the next patch and then include a mod?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    What's the point of listing unofficial modded content in between of confirmed official content?

Edit: I forgot, firefighters haven't actually been confirmed, in case anyone wanted to call me out on that ;)

I'm just talking about things coming to the game in general, this post isnt specific to this patch. I figured its a mod that people would be interested in so I mentioned it, sorry if the first line was misleading I changed it to avoid any more confusion :/
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's perfectly okay to mention it, it's just confusing to see it in the middle of a list of official game content. Personally, I would have listed it seperately.
    (and I put the emphasis wrong in my previous post (the in between part needed emphasis as well) - I was on mobile, so bolding/italicising was really annoying to do).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Why did we ask for repo men? :D

Glad to hear about the ladders. I suspect they were trying to get them ready for Tiny House but didn't quite make it.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Looking forward to that all it was okay to mention a mod it was just sharing what you knew.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Repoman is definitely paying my sims a visit. I keep forgetting to pay the bills :D
    giphy.gif
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    I mean i appreciate what the sims are NOW 🙄 doing and so called listening to people but there's a mod for this lol why put all this in so late even though I bought the pack but its im bored with the sims and I love the new bills system now we need cars
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    ej_4_sims wrote: »
    I mean i appreciate what the sims are NOW 🙄 doing and so called listening to people but there's a mod for this lol why put all this in so late

I guess adding certain things are good for people who don't really like using mods in their game.

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sims care for each other so I'll never see the repo man.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Well, you've helped me to decide, OP. I was vehemently against this new EP, then I caught the very last portion of the livestream event and was back on the fence. If what you say about what's coming in the patch is true, then I don't need to purchase the EP. I was wondering if firemen were worth $40.00, or not. In all the time I have played the Sims, (and I began with Sims2 in 2005) I have never seen the Repoman! I did have a daily maid confiscate the toilet, of all things, since she came to do her work before my Sims got their pay for the day. Face/palm.

But, I really do miss firemen. Thank you for posting this, regardless if that mod was thrown in there. Just goes to prove that people are looking for things to complain about. While I did think it odd, I was far more interested in the rest of your post. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

........You can now freely place doors and windows, also free to all users with the next patch........

This is what I'm looking forward to most. And the inventory revamp, although I don't really know what they'll do with it yet, but any improvement to the inventory system is good.

My bills are paid automatically every monday at 5am, I don't even see them or have to remember to pay them. Haven't seen a repoman since the beginning of my TS1 days.

But, at least a little bit of consequence is coming to the game, so that's good.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’m so happy about firefighters coming back!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    • A modder, TheSimsPlus on Patreon is creating functional cars
    • Eco Lifestyle brings a new lot type that allows you to have 4 different variations of one lot, the building possibilities with this are endless (did someone say seasons park? ;) )

This is my first time hearing about functional cars. Sounds awesome!

Also, is that how the new community lot trait is supposed to work? You have to add 4 variations? It sounds intriguing but also a little annoying. We’ll see I guess.

ETA: I couldn’t find any info on that guys Patreon about cars. I just see that he posts about a million things he wants to add eventually but no mention of what the cars will look like, if any are available now, nothing. Unless they’re hidden within a Patreon member only post that isn’t visible to me...

Also I thought the rule was CC/Mods hidden behind Patreon have to be released to the public within 3 weeks? He is saying he won’t release any of his map mods to the public until ALL of them are done, I’m specifically referring to his “Better Worlds” mod which is against the rules, correct? Is no one holding these folks accountable?
    Chazzzy wrote: »

ETA: I couldn’t find any info on that guys Patreon about cars. I just see that he posts about a million things he wants to add eventually but no mention of what the cars will look like, if any are available now, nothing. Unless they’re hidden within a Patreon member only post that isn’t visible to me...

I think it's probably hidden to non-patreons, his socials are pretty all over the place but there's a post on his twitter that's basically the same so I'll link that;
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I think it's probably hidden to non-patreons, his socials are pretty all over the place but there's a post on his twitter that's basically the same so I'll link that;

Having the Travel interaction appear on a car is not new. I downloaded a mod like 2 years ago that did the same thing. I believe the mod is still on ModTheSims. That is why I was intrigued when I saw “functional” cars. Until Sims can open the doors of the car, get inside, and the car actually moves along the street, this is not new.

I feel hoodwinked lol

I don’t think a modder will actually be able to do that though. That is why I’m hoping the Sims team will make cars available in the game soon. That is only 1 of 2 things I actually need left in this series.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I look at apartments in Eco Lifestyle as an half glass full as I still cannot build apts from scratch, so I am not excited about that however the other stuff is great.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm SO SO happy after YEARS we finally get LADDERS! :D it seems like something small but it's not because it's vital we have something smaller for smaller houses, i definitely bought TS4 at the right time and firefighters and repomen should have been there from the get go, i don't know why exactly they've been so slow on adding these things either but we only need 1 fireman thanks LOL. Tracking our Sims Bills and Costs is something we needed forever too it was okay paying for things then hoping our home wasn't too expensive in TS2 but i had moments where i wish i could find out how much everything cost especially the Electric.

I hope they add back more little animation details too but i'm loving i can resume my TS2 playing i know i know could have been added then but i'm not breaking the bank either. I'm not bothered about Cars though i just started making my Sims walk although i may need them now since it's like semi-open world still where them walking happens in real time now and i don't want them to die of hunger or something halfway to the Community Lot LOL it would take them absolutely ages to get there unless close by. This week has gone on forever i want my new Gaming Laptop to arrive already.

Edit: It's more a loading screen like TS2 so honestly i'm definitely fine without Cars but it would be fun if everyone had Bikes they can do as an option for Exercise around their Neighborhood.
    Post edited by BohoFlower on
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

I'm just talking about things coming to the game in general, this post isnt specific to this patch. I figured its a mod that people would be interested in so I mentioned it, sorry if the first line was misleading I changed it to avoid any more confusion :/

Except it's the only mod in your list. Why include that, and not literally any other mod?
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'm actually quite happy with this update and I'm not even a builder. As for the NPCs, it's better late than never I guess. At least, they didn't add them in a pack.
    edited May 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Except it's the only mod in your list. Why include that, and not literally any other mod?

Can we just focus on the post instead of nitpicking and making non issues? Thanks. This is just a positive post showcasing some new stuff :)
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    im excited about a few things can finally make a loft in tiny house and the repo man lol
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member

Firefighters were shown in game play during the live stream couple days ago. So, they are indeed confirmed.

I normally avoid patches as long as I can, but this time I can't wait :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    All of the existing worlds have been updated with names and a backstory being given to each individual neighbourhood > do you have more information about this?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!