Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A farming pack should add tornadoes

I don't know if they'll do this but I think it would be cool. It could also cause some damage maybe not ruin the entire house but just some damage outside. Could cause power outage also. I'm pretty sure they could do more with this so leave other suggestions below.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    Maybe they could have like a "hide in the cellar" options and maybe the doors fly off when they hide. Then after the tornado, some bare plants and bushes, broken trees, and maybe a "roof leak" option if some shingles flew off, and then you find the shingles on the ground and you ether put them back up yourself (and there could be a new death with falling off the roof) or you could call a repair man to do it. I like your idea, hope you dont mind me adding to it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just hope they don’t do what they did with earthquakes which is just make the screen shake. Hopefully if they add tornados, they don’t just make the screen spin around because that would have me nauseous for sure!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    That would be so cool. Then I can remake my Dorothy Gale from The Wizard Of Oz.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We have windy weather with Seasons. We would only get cyclones if you had seasons installed too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Tornadoes are cyclones.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They should be a part of the seasons pack, not farming. The farming region here doesn't get tornadoes, nor do many farming regions around the world. The farming regions the top end here get cyclones, as do the western regions. Specific types of extreme weather is a regional thing. We get dust storms here, even in winter.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Tornadoes are cyclones.

No they're not.
    Tornadoes are just dust devils, or a willy-willy
    Cyclones are hurricanes, also known as typhoons.

The coast of Western Australia was hit by the edge of a cyclone this week.
    image.php?type=thumbnail_1024x576&url=39z6LV_0P7RA0dC00
    I'm pretty sure tornadoes don't cover regions that vast.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2020
    Tornadoes could be something that destroys crops, risk exposing affairs by being trapped by debris until freed or drops a stranger on your property with amnesia. That the player could choose to help get their memory back. Sims with amnesia should be able to get married twice for some interesting drama caused by a tornado.
    Post edited by SnaveXs on
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Have your gone through a tornado or you just got time on your hands ?. Loosing human life and personal property isn't funny. Don't you have enough ways to kill your Sims.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Maybe they could have like a "hide in the cellar" options and maybe the doors fly off when they hide. Then after the tornado, some bare plants and bushes, broken trees, and maybe a "roof leak" option if some shingles flew off, and then you find the shingles on the ground and you ether put them back up yourself (and there could be a new death with falling off the roof) or you could call a repair man to do it. I like your idea, hope you dont mind me adding to it.

I would looooooooove something like this!!!! It would add the sense of danger I've been craving 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Or maybe a dust storm? Maybe it'll whisk you away in your red heels and have to click em 3 times
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Have your gone through a tornado or you just got time on your hands ?. Loosing human life and personal property isn't funny. Don't you have enough ways to kill your Sims.

I have been through some rough storms in my time and I wouldn't have a problem if this feature got added. I would like more realism in my game.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have lived in Tornado alley for many years and been through a couple of scary situations. I am perfectly ok with tornados being in game. Also Tornados aren't dust devils. Tornados originate from the clouds and go down and have significant destructive force. Dust Devils originate from whirlwinds on the ground and don't get very large in fact are rather harmless. In fact here in Midland where I live we see Dust Devils all the time.

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    Somewhere over the rainbow way up high, there's a land to be heard of once in a lullaby.

• emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    I would love more weather in Sims!
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I have lived in Tornado alley for many years and been through a couple of scary situations. I am perfectly ok with tornados being in game. Also Tornados aren't dust devils. Tornados originate from the clouds and go down and have significant destructive force. Dust Devils originate from whirlwinds on the ground and don't get very large in fact are rather harmless. In fact here in Midland where I live we see Dust Devils all the time.

Come to think of it I'd like dust Devils too
    edited May 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Somewhere over the rainbow way up high, there's a land to be heard of once in a lullaby.

Add that song to the farm pack with tornados and you got yourself a winner