May 22 - Let's walk around the forums together, this week's Friday Highlight is here!
May 21, 11AM PT - Save the time for Eco Lifestyle livestream! Details here.
May 21 - Take a look at SimGuruConor's latest deep dive into Nifty Knitting: learn more about Plopsy!

Has anyone put their own music into The Sims before?

It has been a long time since I have done this but I am putting some of my own music into the custom music folder and tried it out in game.

Here is a cheeky video showing my Sims enjoying themselves: :smile:

The music itself is not as loud as it should be so the Sims and background might sound loud
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,635 Member
    I did in TS2 as sims were more involved with music. I don't bother in 4 as music is just not a part of sim life there.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 282 Member
    I def did this in TS3. I basically just took some of the songs from The Sims URBZ and The Sims Bustin Out. So much fun!
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 24
    >:)

I used to build random houses in Sims 2 back in the day, thus I put my own music for build and buy mode as well as custom station.

I never did it for Sims 3 or 4 though.

>:)
  • VikVik Posts: 15 New Member
    I didn't know I could that, is that available in Sims 4?
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 52 Member
    edited 2:19AM
    I did once or twice in TS2 but i was also fine with the game music too which is genius LOL in TS4 i probably won't since it's not essential to do so. I always make sure there's a Stereo in every house and Community Lot though i can't play it without the music, even just a small boom box it HAS to be there.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 2,825 Member
    Vik wrote: »
    I didn't know I could that, is that available in Sims 4?

Yes it is. I've never done it but there's a "Custom Music" folder in the same folder as the mods folder and stuff so I assume you just add music files to that folder?

As for me, I play the game with the sound off so it'd be kinda pointless haha!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 24,386 Member
    I put music in so I can have something to listen to while Sims are asleep (in a room without the stereo) or Sims are at work.

Here is a similar video with some favorites of mine:

The Sims were actually freezing cold by the end of it! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 24,386 Member
    I def did this in TS3. I basically just took some of the songs from The Sims URBZ and The Sims Bustin Out. So much fun!

I have not heard much of the Urbz soundtrack. I think that Urbz would be a cool theme for a future Sims EP though :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg