Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superstar react in disgust still not fixed?

Seriously Maxis? Here we go again look for mods to fix the stuff you should have fixed and then i get another problem in the game because i'm using mods but without mods i can't play the game since it's full of bugs and glitches. ffs

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I have my very first celeb, and she DOES IT ALL THE TIME...IT'S so ANNOYING ;-;!
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    It's a bug? well that explains much...kept looking for a dirty dish/surface or something as one of my sims kept doing that. Just ignore him now.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I played the Bailey-Moon house a few days a while ago, and both Thorne and Octavia reacted in disgust absolutely all the time. That, and the constant cheering and reacting to pristine reputation sims, made me get mods to get rid of both "features". Although, I do understand at least one of them is a bug, its annoying and I really can't wait around for a fix.

What I don't understand is, how can they, this time around, add sooo many annoying features to the game, that people NEED mods to get rid of?? It baffles me, I can't get my head around it. And I thought the disgusting reacion to ghosts in TS3 was bad enough and a reason I don't play with ghosts there, I mean even other ghosts react in a disgusting way. I have a list of 211 autonomous actions I've tuned out with MCCC (currently, anyway). Although, I might be quite "strict" in what my sims are allowed to do (like constantly complain about things and wash hands/get drinks from sinks) but it should really not be necessary.

Anyone able to play completely vanilla and NOT go insane...you have my respect and admiration.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I thought that celebrities do that in real life too. ;)

I play a vanilla game (no mods or CC) and I just played with my global superstar character today and he only reacted in disgust one time during the 2 hours that I played with him, at least I didn't notice if he did it more often. It didn't bother me at all, I don't play with celebrity Sims often, so I guess that's the reason. React in disgust actually kind of suits for my Sim who is kind of douchy and self centered. :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Happens a lot with mine too, actually. Not enough to really annoy, but definitely enough to interfere.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes. This needs to be fixed. It annoys me when my superstar sims does this to her kids and husband!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I use Road to Fame so I can have a singer Sim. There is a way to shut off the celebrity's reaction to other celebrities. His sister acts all weird around him, too. I may use it to stop that. LOL But, yeah, Erik Cantrell gets disgusted too easily and I can't see just what is bothering him. EA/Maxis PLEASE fix this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I use the No More React In Disgust mod. It works like a dream. The only time my celebrity reacts in disgust is when you travel and they first appear at their destination but they don’t do it again after that. It has saved my sanity when playing my celeb. lol.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm not sure when it will get fixed, but if they can let our Sims to decide if they want to be a fan of someone famous, then that would be awesome.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Diamond_pugtatoDiamond_pugtato Posts: 1 New Member
    For some reason my Sims constantly react in disgust and see what's happening instead if doing what I tell them to do and I have no idea why also why hasn't maxis fixed it yet since people obviously have problems with it
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2021
    The noreactindisgust mod is a necessity if you are going to play a superstar. I also use the MermaidCooDisable because, stupid me, one of my superstars is a mermaid. So between the cooing and reacting in disgust, she was moments from deletion. I also use No_autonomous_serenade_by_Candyd which has improved my game a lot. Serenading would be fine if they knew more than one song. And I use the xRedRidingCat_StopGrowlingDFDefault which keeps vampires from being rude by growling in the middle of engaging conversations :D

None of these things can be classified as a bug as they are intentional. Just because we don't like it doesn't make it a bug. However, the programming has these actions set to be a bit more aggressive than most of us like. I appreciate the mod creators and their understanding of the players' likes and dislikes.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I've turned off Fame in my game and I haven't really noticed it, but I do still have a celebrity actress and the thing that bugs me is she still has the annoying snail-pace fame walk that I can't turn off. :|
    #Team Occult
    edited January 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    I've turned off Fame in my game and I haven't really noticed it, but I do still have a celebrity actress and the thing that bugs me is she still has the annoying snail-pace fame walk that I can't turn off. :|

Just click on her and you can turn it off. There is a setting called "use normal walkstyle." It is not a mod.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    still there, annoying as heck.

especially when my sims husband keeps being disgusted with her even though they are very deeply in love :confused: go figure.

also not only that but why should he even care about people around him in first place he keeps just reacting to everyone ever like dude chill and do whatever u were doing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    still there, annoying as heck.

especially when my sims husband keeps being disgusted with her even though they are very deeply in love :confused: go figure.

also not only that but why should he even care about people around him in first place he keeps just reacting to everyone ever like dude chill and do whatever u were doing

Search google for the noreactindisgust mod. for the longest time, it was the only mod I played with.

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Just click on her and you can turn it off. There is a setting called "use normal walkstyle." It is not a mod.

That mod is a sanity saver! Not sure I'll take it out even if they DO fix it, because how do we know its actually fixed? Very much hope the mod won't be abandoned, ever.

I also use a mod by Bienchen, that turns off that walkstyle for non played sims as well. Because we can't click those, and turn it off. Its annoying and absolutely ends up in my "What were they thinking?" box.
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    Yes. This needs to be fixed. It annoys me when my superstar sims does this to her kids and husband!

Mine do it to their partners and children and while tucking in their toddlers. It is most annoying.