Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game is broken, PLS help! :o

Hey guys, I have big troubles with my Sims 3 game recently.

For some weird reason, my game won't age up teenage girls anymore. Anytime I try, the action will be cancelled, and any non-played teenage girls just gets deleted. I even already de-installed and re-installed the game, but that didn't fix the problem either :(

Does anyone have an idea what I can do or does anyone know a SimGuru that I could ask?

Thank you in advance :)
c6fj8ujnodut.png

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sim Gurus, meaning those employed by EA, haven't worked with or on TS3 in something like over six years now as the game went out of development in Jan 2014. Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but are you sure we are talking about Sims 3 and not Sims 4?

The most common reason for age-ups to fail on a an individual sim or a class of sims in TS3 is "bad" outfits. If a sim is carrying an outfit with bad parts to it, even if they never really wear it, then the age-up process can choke on the part where it needs to assign new sets of outfits for the next age stage. Can you try actively playing a teen female sim, change ALL of their outfits around so as not to include CC parts (they are all going to change when they become YAs anyway), and then attempt to age them up? This can become a bit easier to work out if NRaas mods are in play.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I am talking about Sims 3 indeed.

The thing is, I don't have cc for teenage girls, for a matter of fact I only have cc clothes for teenage boys to enable pregnancies for them without being almost invisible xD

If I recall it correctly, the problem started as soon as I got some poses (that are now deleted), so my guess was that it was because of them, but they aren't on my computer anymore and the problem still exists.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »

The thing is, I don't have cc for teenage girls, for a matter of fact I only have cc clothes for teenage boys to enable pregnancies for them without being almost invisible xD

If I recall it correctly, the problem started as soon as I got some poses (that are now deleted), so my guess was that it was because of them, but they aren't on my computer anymore and the problem still exists.
    In that case, I would have to ask if you have cleared (deleted) the five cache files that appear on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents since having removed the poses. Some of them might be holding onto stale information if you don't routinely do this.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    YJB19299 wrote: »

In that case, I would have to ask if you have cleared (deleted) the five cache files that appear on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents since having removed the poses. Some of them might be holding onto stale information if you don't routinely do this.

I think I don't actually, in which folder can I find that?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Your TS3 user game folder is the one in Documents called The Sims 3. Usually the path would go something like Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. It is where your saves, mods, and added content are. The files you are looking for specifically are

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache/package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package

They may appear with or without the .package extensions depending on whether Windows is set to display or hide those, but either way they would be the same files.

These should be deleted somewhat regularly but certainly whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way. They will regenerate the next time the game starts up.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    Your TS3 user game folder is the one in Documents called The Sims 3. Usually the path would go something like Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. It is where your saves, mods, and added content are. The files you are looking for specifically are

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache/package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package

They may appear with or without the .package extensions depending on whether Windows is set to display or hide those, but either way they would be the same files.

These should be deleted somewhat regularly but certainly whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way. They will regenerate the next time the game starts up.

Tried that, still didn't fix the issue sadly :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    If mods are in play, perhaps an NRaas MasterController Reset of the sims in question, or the entire world while we're at it?

If all else fails and starting a new game on a new TS3 user game folder isn't what you had in mind, you could bring some of these teens into CAS and just make them YAs. Wouldn't typically recommend that as "aging" an already existing sim that way tends to break them graphically sometimes (and sometimes it's fine), but with no disrespect intended to female teens everywhere I don't think I could tolerate a world full them of them where they never get any older.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Actually they just disappear instead of aging :o

The thing is, it happens with each new world I open, and every time I try to edit them via CAS, my game stops working properly. I just fear now that no matter what I do, I won't be able to properly play the game ever again on my current laptop. :/
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I wouldn't give up quite so easily, but then again although I have a pretty high personal tolerance for the game misbehaving (one has to in order to keep playing and maintain one's sanity or at least some of it), but I can also be pretty stubborn about fixing things like this that just make it too broken to play.

I mean, EA didn't ship the game to market with female teens broken like that, and it's not exactly widely reported by other players, so it has to be fixable somehow.

Since I didn't get an answer/comment on the mod suggestion, the next thing to try is to pull out or rename your entire TS3 user game folder. The game will spawn a new one with no content in it, all of your saves and other added content will be safe back in the pulled-out folder. The point of this exercise is to startup a new game in an EA world that we know plays well like Sunset Valley or Twinbrook with no content added (a couple of NRaas mods would of course be okay if they are needed) and see if the issue persists. If you can get some female teens to age-up, and I predict that you will, then we know for sure that the issue is with something in the pulled out folder or its saved games.

Speaking of mods though...gee, I wish I had a better way to ask this but there is pretty famous very adult mod out there that is known to break games in this manner and in many others. I think I'll ask about that one by way of PM. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I honestly don't think it has to do with any NRAAS mod, I have played with them for several years and never had any problems, what I do think might be a problem is, like I said, I had poses for photo shoots, and around the time I installed them, the problem started. Also I don't have the mod you meant.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    At the risk of our going around in circles here, I never meant to imply that NRaas mods are causing your issue. I was trying to suggest some solutions that utilize them but didn't know if you had them in play. I mean, I help run NRaas and wouldn't be doing so if the mods actually caused players' games to fall apart.

So, let's try this part again. Have you tried doing a MasterController reset on the teens in question or, even better, on the entire world since having removed the suspect pose packs?

And then expanding on that, are Overwatch and ErrorTrap in place and are they kicking up any script error logs when a female teen should be aging up? If so, we would like to read them at NRaas to help you interpret them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Ah okay...

No, I haven't done that with Master Controller. Also I don't have Overwathc and ErrorTrap installed, only these here

Animator
    DebugEnabler
    Decensor
    MasterController
    PortraitPanel
    RelationshipPanel
    Shooless
    Woohooer
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I can happily announce that I found a solution, my game isn't broken anymore :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png