Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Animal Crossing Challenge Thread

Morning everyone!

So I've started Kawaii Stacie's Animal Crossing Challenge - for which you can download the mod here. It plays best if you have OR & IL though.

I know there's quite a few people playing with this atm so I thought it'd be cool to have a place to share our stories! Would love to see your initial setup :D It's actually the first challenge in a long while I've started and trying to take seriously lol. And with the wait for EL, it's also a really good distraction!

So here's my starter sim, Alice Ocean:
gKshxuj.png
And her starting set-up:
lJ9Rj6M.png
Currently working on getting all the fossils & bugs (the fish are easy) but I'd say our starting setup has already improved quite a bit lol
scNbq09.jpg

Looking forward to see if anyone else is playing this! Also if there's already a thread for this, sorry, didn't find it.

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Okay so, after my sim got a bit lonely and raked in enough money, I decided to upgrade our campsite a bit so we could accommodate a roommate =D
    guXBPDR.jpg
    oWsVYzP.jpg
    Took a while before someone showed up, but then there he was! He immediately took out the trash and started weeding the plants during the interview process, so we decided to keep him for now. At least he brings some music eh (and he still takes out the trash religiously ;))
    7uLYQvq.jpg
    In the evening, Ariel hung out at the Sulani square food festival (I'm not sure it has a name :D)
    z7xjcy0.jpg

My progress is a bit slow since I'm playing this in rotation with a more family play oriented household, but I'm having fun!
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Idk if you use CC, but for the 2nd part of the challenge, where you have to have 100 items for your dream house, CC doesnt count. Found that out the hard way lol.

I had fun playing it and I hope you do too!
    edited May 2020
    Idk if you use CC, but for the 2nd part of the challenge, where you have to have 100 items for your dream house, CC doesnt count. Found that out the hard way lol.

Only her hair is CC :D I do use a tiny bit but it's only the Bathroom and Kitchen pack by Felix Andre I think he's called(?), and the Pufferhead SP. But good to know! Thanks :D you finished? What did your lot look like in the end?
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Ooh, this looks interesting! I’ve been obsessed with Animal Crossing since it came out, so i might have to try this, when i get the time :smiley:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Only her hair is CC :D I do use a tiny bit but it's only the Bathroom and Kitchen pack by Felix Andre I think he's called(?), and the Pufferhead SP. But good to know! Thanks :D you finished? What did your lot look like in the end?

Oh goodness sakes no! I was never able to finish, my save became corrupted 😔. But, after the patch and Eco Lifestyle drop Im going to try again. I had downloaded the lot that Kawaii Stacie mentions on her mod page and just plopped it down unfurnished because that was all I could afford at the moment, lol.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Oh goodness sakes no! I was never able to finish, my save became corrupted 😔. But, after the patch and Eco Lifestyle drop Im going to try again. I had downloaded the lot that Kawaii Stacie mentions on her mod page and just plopped it down unfurnished because that was all I could afford at the moment, lol.

Hahaha :D Honestly don't think I'll finish either before EL comes out and with KawaiiStacie's mods probably out of order for a bit, I dunno how soon I'll get back to it. But one day I will! :D
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I'm thinking of downloading this mod after the June 2 patch. Wondering if I can set up my sim on a lot now, or is it best to wait until the mod is installed? I also play on rotation and plan on only having one sim (household) in the rotation use the mod. Will it affect my other households in any way?
    I want to say no, it wont affect other households, but for some reason it has bled over into another save I have in the same folder that has absolutely nothing to do with it. But that could just be my game.

I dont see why you cant prepare your save for it now. I would caution you to wait to download it however until Kawaii Stacie says its clear to download after the patch or even Eco Lifestyle drops.

I wouldnt want you to get all involved in it, having fun and then find a bug or something to ruin it for you. Trust me, Im the queen of doing that, lol.

Keep an eye on her twitter or discord for updates from her. She's usually fairly quick about updating her mods.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Thank you so much, @Jasonschick80 . I haven't downloaded any of her mods before so good to know about her Twitter and discord. I'll wait until the all clear.
    edited June 2020
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Thank you so much, @Jasonschick80 . I haven't downloaded any of her mods before so good to know about her Twitter and discord. I'll wait until the all clear.

Sounds like a good idea to wait, just to be safe! I for one haven't really had it affect other households, afaik. The only thing I can think of is that with the mod installed, some townies will automatically be assigned this aspiration, but it's easy to change those if you want. Looking forward to seeing your AC sim soon though! Happy simming
    CaprianaB wrote: »

Your very welcome! Her Slice of Life and Explorer mod are staples in my mods folders. I also have a Trait bundle from her too.