Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    B***mental??? :D Cause I love that mod and it's so good for this type of gameplay xD Plus I think there's gonna be an update out on June 2nd so maybe it won't break when EL releases?

Yes I enjoy it with certain households :) I'm assuming all mods will break with the June 2nd patch so I've organized my mods folder to make it easier to remove all and find culprits that are broken. I kept MCCC in a separate folder in the hope that one is ok, as I can't imagine playing without all the autonomy I have switched on with it lol.

BTW use MCCC Tuner on the Murphy bed and turn the action to put the bed down off. My sims only get to nap on theirs until it's upgraded, if I plan to keep them around a while.
    Yes it's a really fun mod. It's also just really impressive how much is actually in it and how often it gets new features and stuff. I don't use it all the time, but it works perfectly for some stories.

Thanks for the tip on using MCCC!
    Question about murphy beds - do these drive none of you crazy? My sims either randomly put them up and down and one of them broke literally every.single.night. And then my sims would not trust beds and not sleep for hours on end :( Do you just level up handiness skill and fix them right away or did I have a particularly murderous version of the murphy bed?

I've only had murphy beds in two households, both with handy sims who were able to upgrade the bed quickly. Before they got upgraded they broke almost every night. I haven't seen my sims randomly putting the bed up and down, and none have been killed. But like I said I've taken precautions and upgraded the bed.
    Yeah good thinking! My sims didn't die either but the bed breaking literally eeeevery single night was a bit too much for me, so I got rid of it. But he my sims never have a lot of handiness skill. It's why I'm glad for university, at least now sims with certain majors are a bit handy. Before my sims world was filled with clumsy sims who couldn't fix a light bulb to save their lives xD
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    The thoughts of a cult leader, commune leader and husband of a -sister's wives- type sim living on an off-grid farm comes to mind. His only job to brew fizz juice a shed between their container house, and spread his message of grill cheese to the sim-nation.

I have a feeling the cult might want to vote for free love xD

What kind of cult/commune would it be without it ;)
    The thoughts of a cult leader, commune leader and husband of a -sister's wives- type sim living on an off-grid farm comes to mind. His only job to brew fizz juice a shed between their container house, and spread his message of grill cheese to the sim-nation.

I have a household already doing that in Sulani, except their income is from a 'medicinal plant' they grow via a mod. Player trait on all the sims. Every sim has a romantic relationship with every other sim they are not related to. I actually enjoy playing this household a lot, very chill and cute romance stuff going on everywhere. Do recommend!

Those types of story lines make me want to use mods. I'll finally use that always naked lot trait, too. It does sound enjoyable. I never thought about it before.
    I once played an insane recluse who lived off the grid, somehow managed to find a love interest who wanted to have as much children as possible. She produced 3 pairs of twin who had a terrible childhood and couldn't wait to go to University by any means possible. That household was fun to play through.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've standardize my shipping container module sizes and saved them as rooms.
    I gave it a test run with this lot, which is a Tiny Home. I can see how I can make a Micro Home version and a Small Home version.
    05_27_20_10_16_44_AM.png

I'll be all set to slap Eco Lifestyle content on it.
    05_27_20_10_17_34_AM.png

[Update]
    Here are my Micro and Small versions.
    06_01_20_1_22_49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06_01_20_10_58_26_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I'm planning where to add community space lots, and unfortunately we have way too few lots. So, I'll probably add the community thing to just 3 or 4 hoods. Hopefully they will not all get the same vote, so I assume sims living elsewhere can also use them.

20200427-sandtrap1.jpg

This far the right-side hood in Oasis Springs will have one. I already built Sandtrap Crtafts Market which is a historical lot based on the first Baron of Verde's horse stables. Today's booths represent some of the original builds. I reckon these booths will work fine for both market place, community garden and maker booths, assuming the new objects are not too big. Can't wait to build variations of this lot :)

Other hoods that will get a community center lot are Sable Square (BB) and Muggerdale (hood to the right in WC). Newcrest will just get a couple maker items outside the shopping mall, Windenburg might also get just a tiny permanent makers station in the corner of Hare Square in the harbor hood. And - same behind the Spice Market karaoke bar. Looking so much forward to this feature, also excited for the market place set up as I have many sims making a living from crafting misc stuff..
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    3o7ibfM.jpg

The Landgraabs and Goths get in on a pyramid scheme to pollute the worlds and sale clean air back to citizens. In my story their also behind what happen in Strangeville. Their pretty sinister lol.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’ve got Johnny Zest and his cat Shadow just about ready for their big move to Evergreen harbor. Johnny has a long saved for re trait potion to drink for exploring new traits. he has been living a micro life while he waits for his next adventure. Johnny finally sized up his home to get Shadow the cat tree of his dreams.(and a bedroom for Johnny.) I’ve been playing with the other maxis made sims as well getting them set up for future exploring of things. Johnny still needs some more seeds for gardening and I want to make them a container house. I’m waiting to start building his house for Evergreen Habor until the patch comes out Tuesday!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I can’t wait to edit the worlds with a ton of trash (the ones I’m making trashy). I have TwistedMexi’s TOOL mod that allows me to edit the ‘uneditable’ areas of worlds. So being able to add some grunge and trash to certain areas is gonna be a breeze. Starting with that back neighborhood with the alleyway in Del Sol Valley.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    How big do the community lots have to be does anyone know?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    How big do the community lots have to be does anyone know?

Assuming there is no minimum, as long as you can place the required items? I'm planning to use the small lot at BB's Sable Square :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i have been looking at some of the maps for the new town lot size.. 30 by 20 lots, i think i seen one that was 40 by 30 lot. i don't remember if there was any big big lots..
  • Options
    i have been looking at some of the maps for the new town lot size.. 30 by 20 lots, i think i seen one that was 40 by 30 lot. i don't remember if there was any big big lots..

I think 40*30 is unfortunately the largest we're getting this time unless I'm forgetting something :/
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i have to agree that is the biggest we are getting and the rest are just small ones.
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    I love the furniture so bad!! Only the thing is sometimes on the family of me and my friends things keep vanishing :disappointed:
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    So anyone??? That knows a thing to fix vanishing things
  • Options
    l0keyrose wrote: »

Yeah actually, I've noticed stuff vanishing from my lot too! Is that a bug that came with the EP? I've never had that before?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

One of your sims probably has the recycler trait. If you don't recycle often they will do so themselves. Mine recycled a tv and a pet food bowl before I realized.
  • Options

One of your sims probably has the recycler trait. If you don't recycle often they will do so themselves. Mine recycled a tv and a pet food bowl before I realized.

Hmm the sim I had this happen to doesn't, but she was visited by a recycler. They don't recycle your stuff though do they? xD
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2020

Hmm the sim I had this happen to doesn't, but she was visited by a recycler. They don't recycle your stuff though do they? xD

In that case, either a klepto came to visit or your neighbourhood has the sharing is caring trait maybe? I haven't had a visiting recycler do it yet, I'll invite my other household over and watch them to see.
  • Options

In that case, either a klepto came to visit or your neighbourhood has the sharing is caring trait maybe? I haven't had a visiting recycler do it yet, I'll invite my other household over and watch them to see.

Maybe - but it was my university presentation board, I'm not sure they'd steal that xD It's okay though, I feel that after the second update & repairing the game once it hasn't really happened anymore.
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I’ve just created Leslie Knope, and I’m hoping I can turn a community space into “the pit” and get her to campaign and convince people to turn it into a nice community garden.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I might play through the story once just for the heck of it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif