Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Akl500P haha yeah I know what you mean, this is also the first EP since seasons where the PEPS is at an all time high! Not quite as bad as seasons because, well, I just love having rain and all that, but close. This is just my favorite type of gameplay and I'm super super excited for all the goodies! Hope you enjoy the stylist career. And curious to find out which generation of yours will end up moving to Evergreen! :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think there's too many pubs. Cut out a few of them. Use those for the community lots.

I'm also going to go and rebuild every house in the game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    I'll probablyy get,it when its on sale. Now that i know were getting a lot of new lots,space thats made me feel better about the pack...the town was the best part,forme anyway, since i liked the grungyy inndustrial,look.
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I honestly just want to do an off the grid rags to riches using the new fabricator to build all my furniture and decor. And then I'll explore everything else later on.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I'll probably turn off eco footprint for my Rags to Newcrest save, but leave it on for my 7 plots save... and just let things progress or not as they go. (I may use it for one or two of the plots, not sure yet.)

I've been planning to try a new base save again, and for that I'll shift some neighborhoods more industrial and others more green and otherwise get the worlds to the "right" levels - and then freeze it until I decide to play a storyline where changing the neighborhood is important.

So about what I was planning to do before the livestream. :smiley:
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I'm probably going to craft the heck out of this pack, as well as replace every toddler bed ever with the cute canopy one we saw in the stream.
    they/he
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    There has to be a way to be devious with this new expansion.

I remember them saying sims could gain enough influence over their neighbours to actually shun someone. Can I have an evil sim have the district living in squalor and turn everyone against Knox for rebelling?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I remember them saying sims could gain enough influence over their neighbours to actually shun someone. Can I have an evil sim have the district living in squalor and turn everyone against Knox for rebelling?

There are always millions of ways to be devious with The Sims. That sounds perfectly feasible.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm still mad that mermaids got underdeveloped so Island Living could have eco content, when they were gonna make a whole expansion dedicated to eco friendly content anyways. Eco Lifestyle is still the last thing I'll ever buy for Sims 4. The gameplay isn't the problem, I just hate that this type of stuff was split up over multiple packs.
    Watching LilSimsie's overview right now and I'm soooo going to turn The Caboose into a restaurant by the train tracks. It's absolutely perfect for that <3
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Why does everyone hate Knox? :lol: I actually like him :D

But that sounds like an awesome idea! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I can't even decide what I'm going to do first. Spend some time in the new world for the most part. I want to see how the apartments work. I have some criminals I want to set loose. I want to explore the different levels. Then, I'll integrate the other worlds. San Myusho changing is going to be fun. The Old Salt House is the perfect place for a criminal hub.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I’m still kinda overwhelmed with the content but i can’t wait to get my hands on it!
    First,i’ll probably move a current teen from my main family to Evergreen Harbor(a polluted neighborhood) and make it green,(boring,i know) just to get to know the features.

I also wanna start an off the grid rags to riches save. That’s gonna be soooo fun with all this new gameplay.

All i know is that i’m going to use a lot of this pack even after that.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm going to move the recently divorced Billie Jang into the polluted area with her sons and have her engaged with the green gameplay full time to improve that neighborhood. She's already a painter and does woodworking so I can see her getting into upcycling. And I already had plans for one of her sons to be a gardener and eventually run a bakery in Magnolia Promenade, but now I will add fizzy juice to the things he'll make from his produce and sell in his shop. Her other son will explore the new Civil Designer career.

Meanwhile my Lucas Munch family is already big into gardening and keeping bees and collecting insects from OR, so I am going to give them the bug farms. And their daughter will grow up and try out the Freelance Maker career.

In San Myshuno I think I'll replace the community lot next to the Old Spice House with a community space and have Pierce Delgato and his wife get into influencing the neighbors, which will inspire their son's future political career.

I plan to let the non-mansion neighborhood of Del Sol Valley get polluted without my rising celebrities doing anything about it while they raise enough money to move up into the better part of town. Then I'll replace their house with a community space and let a future generation move back there and invest in that area and clean it up.

And the mermaid who lives under the shipwreck in Sulani will be much happier off the grid with the new energy and water sources.

I mostly plan on turning the eco effects off for Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Hollow, Windenberg, and Glimmerbrook for now. I have enough going on with those families that I don't need to add extra complications in the current generations. But my spellcasters will probably make candles, and possibly also my vampires.

Haven't decided how I might combine this with my alien and ghost households in Newcrest.

Since I have a big rotational save, it might take me a while to get to all of those, but these are the plans so far.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I created my sim for it. I want her to move to Evergreen Harbor of course. She’s currently a slob and lazy and really bad about taking care of herself and the environment. She will have a life change and want to better herself and the environment. That will be my challenge to have her become more healthy and and get really involved with changing the neighborhood. I’m excited! She will have a tiny home and make a living with the new freelance career making and selling things.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2020
    I always planned to purchase it because it fits in with my Off the Grid Bubs #PlayWithPurpose Youtube series: https://youtu.be/TpWV7lUn-PY

But initially, I wasn't aware how robust the pack is, and I am glad that it will also work with my farm/gardening saves too.

Off the Grid Bubs will tackle pollution in future episodes. But my other saves where I have florists or a full working farm, won't deal with the pollution, but will add additional eco farming like hydroponics which is something I want to fo IRL, and other eco things like wind & solar power.

It will work great with my scientist saves too.

So, I look forward to this pack when I get back to playing & recording late fall, early winter 2020.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I'm still mad that mermaids got underdeveloped so Island Living could have eco content, when they were gonna make a whole expansion dedicated to eco friendly content anyways. Eco Lifestyle is still the last thing I'll ever buy for Sims 4. The gameplay isn't the problem, I just hate that this type of stuff was split up over multiple packs.

@Sheepiling I don't think that is why Mermaids were underdeveloped. They have not fully developed any life state outside of a game pack. The aliens are not fully developed, and what they did with plantsims is a joke.

I don't mind that eco lifestyle elements exist in multiple packs. I like the layered approach. I won't but tiny living as I don't care about that, but from laundry to Sulani, no eco lifestyle, it feels complete now with tons of content, aspirations, traits, etc built on that one theme.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »
    Sheepiling wrote: »

@Sheepiling I don't think that is why Mermaids were underdeveloped. They have not fully developed any life state outside of a game pack. The aliens are not fully developed, and what they did with plantsims is a joke.

I don't mind that eco lifestyle elements exist in multiple packs. I like the layered approach. I won't but tiny living as I don't care about that, but from laundry to Sulani, no eco lifestyle, it feels complete now with tons of content, aspirations, traits, etc built on that one theme.

I agree with this. I was playing as a conservationist in Sulani today and to be honest it has a whole different feel to what we have seen in the livestream. I always feel that IL conservation is about preserving a natural habitat i.e. the beauty of Sulani and its ecosytems. Eco Lifestyle is more like saving the environment in a more urban/suburban setting with little to no wildlife involved, and it has a more community-based approach.
    giphy.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I never feared it would be bad. I planned on folding it in and was very excited for some items especially that I saw and the possibilities for pollution. I've been excited for some of the concepts from the first two trailers but the livestream sent it over the top more.

Some things I plan on doing:
    First I'll start up a new save to play around with it so I can grasp all the concepts better: bills, inventory changes, voting and the effects that I have control over and what I don't have control over... I'll probably lightly test in other world areas too. I plan on doing that with the premades that come with the pack.

Then for my own saves I'm really excited about many of the items, machines and crafting.
    Hannibal, my Gus from Stardew and the Curious Bros (Sims 1 and 2 Save) and Mrs Lovett will definitely get vertical gardens and use them for gardening and the meat walls. I can't help it I absolutely love that object. Will probably see where the bad mods take it.
    Other gardeners will use the vertical gardens also.. I have many gardeners too of course from scientists to witches and I need the space saving for my houses in general.

Candlemaking will be useful for my witches too. The Specter family will have just some crafters types also. I also have a new agey type of sim that is into wellness/yoga/fitness/crystals that will probably explore the pack more as someone very concerned about the planet because it just fits for her to actually play out in the good way. I can't see her being a preachy type because it's irritating and I like her but it will expand her story nicely.

The Hicks family (based on a sims one family) is getting the juice maker because it looks like a still to me. I see their front yard getting pretty dirty between the dog poop/puddles and what this pack brings.

Renfield will explore the bug possibilities probably as a hobby since he's not a vampire sidekick yet. I just made him and left him in one of my horror themed saves a long time back now he has something to expand his character in an updated and fun way and I'm loving it.

I've got a lot of other ideas too.. like bunker challenges. Ideas where you lock sims on their lot and they have to make money and progress with limits set on them. Off grid and soon to be free love cults will be able to use many of these things nicely too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm definitely making a very big, poor and slob family that is going to live in a tiny apartment in Evergreen Harbor. They're gonna make the world very trashy and full of smog, eat insects and take their furniture off the trash. I'll give them no jobs, except for some part time fast food maybe.

But I'm also creating an eco-friendly sim who's gonna have a huge garden and start their fizzy juice empire. He's gonna vote for the free love and juiced community, so everyone will walk around drinking his juice and having woohoo. Kinda like a hippie community. I'm excited.
    edited May 2020
    To answer the thread's question, other than a lot of the overarching gamplay, I am excited about off the grid living. I know we have some elements of it in the game already, but EL REALLY expands on this and I think I can get lots of hours of gameplay. I tried off the grid before and I got a bit bored. I'd also love to try a challenge or two relating to this pack, like living as a Freegan for example. I'm also looking forward to upcycling and using grungy items in my sims' homes.

I'm looking forward to incorporating a lot of the hobbies and activities into my existing sims lives. There's a lot here that will fit into my sims personalities. My crazy spellcaster sim Ophelia would definitely be a bug eater, for example :lol: The eco friendly lifestyle would also really suit my conservationist Cora, who has spent much of her life in Sulani but I'd love to send her to a polluted neighbourhood where she can try and make an impact. The industrial zone would be great for a few of my other sims too and I love the idea of a grungy, dirty neighbourhood for them to live in.

I feel that this pack would give their lives more story and background. We won't appreciate cleanliness and greenness without seeing the grungy side. I'm looking forward to it!
    giphy.gif
    I keep changing my mind about what to do first :joy: Now I just want to move into one of the apartments :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m creating two Sims, Clara and Nick. Who have been long time friends and now roommates living in Evergreen Harbor. Clara is saving up for school and wants to join the political career, she’ll be protesting for a cleaner world. Nick has fallen in with a group of Sims who love living in dirt and grime and doesn’t care about making the world a better place. Because of this it puts a strain on their relationship.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I still don't understand how the pollution works, so I have to start a new save to test everything. I don't want to sacrifice any of my other saves. I watched the livestream, but English isn't my first language and if they explained it, I just didn't "get it".

I will probably use a married couple that I played with on an earlier save that I deleted. They were an eco activist couple already in that save, so I'll just give them new traits and aspirations and tweak their looks a bit (new hair and clothes).
    I have no other plans, I just want them to try everything that this expansion pack offers. Free love is definitely going to be tested, because they're hippies. ;)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    When I started my Build A City Challenge a few months ago, I was dead set on figuring out how I can keep residential lots off the grid while maintaining a high quality of living for my Sims by utilizing public spaces in ways that they aren't necessarily being used in the game right now. So I wanted a public bath, mass public gardens/farms, etc. that the entire community could use and make it feel natural. Now, because this pack focuses on community I have to figure out how that'll function within my spaces.

And I know they worked on off the grid stuff more, so I'm hoping there are O-T-G objects that will fit the aesthetic of my world. Right now, I'm just ruminating on how this pack can work with my BACC.