Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Now that we know it won't be as bad as we all feared and many of us, myself included, have decided to get the pack: what are you planning to do with Eco Lifestyle?

I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot. I can't wait to finally have something better to turn it into than what it is now since I never really go there and with the food stalls up front, I think it'll be fun! - As I was reminded of in this thread, that's not possible :joy: Soo I'll do other things - listed somewhere below :D

What about you guys?
Post edited by SimTrippy on

Comments

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    I no longer hate it as much as I used to, but I still won't buy it for full price. There are some features I can't stand and may require mods to get rid of and I find the new world rather unimpressive. So maybe I'll buy it some time at future, on sale or as a part of a bundle. Or maybe not, depending on whether or not I'll like the other upcoming packs more.
    What I would do with it? Use the new machines and some CAS items, feed Knox to a cowplant. Turn San Myshuno into a trash heap.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Now that we know it won't be as bad as we all feared and many of us, myself included, have decided to get the pack: what are you planning to do with Eco Lifestyle?

I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot. I can't wait to finally have something better to turn it into than what it is now since I never really go there and with the food stalls up front, I think it'll be fun!

What about you guys?

Speaking of food stalls, I wonder if they will now function properly when paced on the new community lot. I intend to make a sort of market with all of them.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot. I can't wait to finally have something better to turn it into than what it is now since I never really go there and with the food stalls up front, I think it'll be fun!

What about you guys?

Speaking of food stalls, I wonder if they will now function properly when paced on the new community lot. I intend to make a sort of market with all of them.

I would think so, at least on the marketplace version of the lot. Usually, when they code it in from the beginning it works like a charm - kind of makes me wish they'd let us use the cafeteria item in normal libraries, not just student lots :D But yeah I think we'll be able to do that, since there's also a functioning food stall in the trailer on one of these lots.

I think community lots will be super fun to play around with though!

What about you guys?

I would think so, at least on the marketplace version of the lot. Usually, when they code it in from the beginning it works like a charm - kind of makes me wish they'd let us use the cafeteria item in normal libraries, not just student lots :D But yeah I think we'll be able to do that, since there's also a functioning food stall in the trailer on one of these lots.

You can use the cafeteria in other lots, but you need to hire the vendor.

What about you guys?

You can use the cafeteria in other lots, but you need to hire the vendor.

Yeah I know, I just wish the vendor would show up automatically :D
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot.

I'd love to do that too, but I'm afraid it's not possible since you can't change the lot type of that thing. :/

I have found a purpose for Magnolia Promenade! Ever since I started playing TS4 in early 2017, I've been contemplating what to do with this small, boring, not very unique world. Over the course of time, I considered making it an eternal winter world (which didn't last long because the effects of the weather machine are only temporary), a sort of school campus for kids and teenagers to hang out (which I didn't go through with because I figured we'd get a university world sooner or later), and a recreation centre for women only (using a custom lot trait by Little Miss Sam). At the moment, my Magnolia Promenade is still the latter, but unused because I never actually send anyone there.

Now I can finally make it unique by turning it into a post-apocalyptic dirt world for only the bravest, most adventurous survivalist sims! I'll rewrite the world biography to include some kind of mysterious natural disaster that turned the formerly beautiful Magnolia Promenade into a radioactive wasteland, the lots will be equipped with traits to make life has hard as possible for the sims living there, and I hope that the heavy fog we saw in the trailers can also be summoned somehow. >:)
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    1) Gonna pollute Mirage Park, neighborhood in Oasis Springs where Johnny Zest lives, and probably Spice Market. Maybe I'll make Windenburg island and Brindleton Bay beach neighborhood green, but I'm not sure.
    2) Let my Leslie Knope sim persuade others to vote for community gardens. More parks! And maybe Ron Swanson will try to sabotage her and make people vote for maker space. “People who buy things are suckers”, after all 😂
    3) Create a poor family who lives in a shipping container and play sort of Rags to Riches/Runaway teen mix with it.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I never hated it, but I had my disappointments. Of course though, I will always find a way to integrate any pack into my sim story. Just to begin, I will make some good use out of the new world. Exploring and new scenery is always a nice thing for storytelling. The pollution I think is gonna work well for dramatic apocalyptic scenario for my sim story. For the most part, I've been playing close to real life up until StrangerVille was released. Now, a magical portal that leads to a new world has been discovered etc! Things are getting pretty interesting. Of course, the new CAS and build mode items will be a nice addition.
    edited May 2020
    I think one of the first things I'll do is turn the San Myshuno park into a community lot.

I'd love to do that too, but I'm afraid it's not possible since you can't change the lot type of that thing. :/

I have found a purpose for Magnolia Promenade! Ever since I started playing TS4 in early 2017, I've been contemplating what to do with this small, boring, not very unique world. Over the course of time, I considered making it an eternal winter world (which didn't last long because the effects of the weather machine are only temporary), a sort of school campus for kids and teenagers to hang out (which I didn't go through with because I figured we'd get a university world sooner or later), and a recreation centre for women only (using a custom lot trait by Little Miss Sam). At the moment, my Magnolia Promenade is still the latter, but unused because I never actually send anyone there.

Now I can finally make it unique by turning it into a post-apocalyptic dirt world for only the bravest, most adventurous survivalist sims! I'll rewrite the world biography to include some kind of mysterious natural disaster that turned the formerly beautiful Magnolia Promenade into a radioactive wasteland, the lots will be equipped with traits to make life has hard as possible for the sims living there, and I hope that the heavy fog we saw in the trailers can also be summoned somehow. >:)

Ahhh cr* you're right, I forgot. Now I know why I never do anything with that :joy:

Fine then I guess I'll have to turn it into a maker space myself by adding the equipment lol. The problem is: I guess no one will show up to use it, just like no one ever uses my skating rink there. They should really just let us change that thing, it doesn't even do anything all that special anyway, except the fireworks, which to my knowledge work everywhere else too.

But I fully agree about Magnolia Promenade! I really liked your ideas for it. Wonder if a community lot would work though since none of my sims live there so no one will vote? I only use Magnolia Promenade for two lots I made, this community hangout and this restaurant . Other than that, it's errr.. yeah, empty doesn't cut it xD So I agree, this pack might bring some much needed life back to the boreville town center!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m gonna pollute the S out of that desert town I never play. I have two babe twins rn ready for university. One will get like Ds and move to Del Sol to become a failed celebrity and the other will get As in political science, move to Portland/Evergreen and work his way up to the top of the Political Career. His loser brother will often call and ask for money, probably move into his house, and then get his big break on a crime show.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly? I can't think of a way to make it fun.
    I can appreciate that objectively, these are good features , but I can't see how to make recycling and kombucha (gag) fun for me. I don't play off the grid, and any character that crafts things usually has a lab for that kinda stuff, so "maker spaces" aren't really something I'm likely to use.

The market one? MAYBE I could use that? A farmer's market would be fun. I built a farm that grows trash fruit for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and giggles, maybe he could make fizzy juice (god I wish we had nectar instead) and could sell fresh, farm-to-table garbage water? That'd be kinda fun.

I already know I'm not gonna actively use the eco footprint system (trash town is more appealing, since we don't have anything like that, but we've got tons of pristine, gentrified towns) so I honestly don't know.

It's a neat concept, but I don't think it's something that'll really fit in my gameplay. I'm more into generational play and occults.
    wJbomAo.png
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    A farmer's market would be fun. I built a farm that grows trash fruit for 🌺🌺🌺🌺 and giggles, maybe he could make fizzy juice (god I wish we had nectar instead) and could sell fresh, farm-to-table garbage water? That'd be kinda fun.

Huh gotta say, I love the idea of having my gardeners be into making fizzy drinks - much prefer that to them making flowers :joy:
    I love the new craftable furniture. I will make a sim who crafts furniture and sells it in his own shop.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm going to start by playing as a hobo who will walk around and search for food, make furniture out of trash, increase his charisma skill so he can go around and ask people for a loan and walk around and sleep on park benches and explore the pack that way.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

What about you guys?

I'vejust pre ordered it :) i was thinking about playing with the dirty elements before, but i think i'll make a free love community in one of Sulani's neighbourhoods.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have some plans I thought lying in my bed last night, lol. First of all I want to keep at least part of Evergreen harbour polluted because that's the world most suited for it. I'd like it to be really bad there. Other areas that I'm thinking should have pollution: Spice Market in SM, Cavalier Cove in BB, Starlight Boulevard in DSV, 5 lots in a row in NC, maybe Mirage Park in DSV and/or the poorest neighbourhood in WC. Areas that I want to go greener: WB island, top neighbourhood in NC, Forgotten Hollow, Mua Pel'am in Sulani... Might change my mind on these still, depends what the changes require :D I also can't wait to get my hand on those N.A.P.s, but not sure yet what I'm going to do with them. There has to be a neighbourhood with free love!
    I love the new craftable furniture. I will make a sim who crafts furniture and sells it in his own shop.

Yeah, the furniture is really good. It's like what the woodworking furniture should've been.

Instead the woodworkers end up making Homer Simpson's spice rack
    wJbomAo.png
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm wanting to have a few neighborhoods to be dirty and some be green.. i have been playing a sim name Sarah Wingate who been newly divorced and is about to have her and her ex-husband's baby..she's into making stuff and growing plants,
    but her ex-husband is more into the opposite of her.. he is a doctor and busy with work he don't care about going green.. and this is how they ended the marriage,
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Yeah, the furniture is really good. It's like what the woodworking furniture should've been.

I wish we could make this new furniture on the woodworking table too. This 3D printer thing is so modern and doesn't suit some of my sims. Maybe there will be a mod for it :)
    somewhsome wrote: »

I wish we could make this new furniture on the woodworking table too. This 3D printer thing is so modern and doesn't suit some of my sims. Maybe there will be a mod for it :)

Hopefully!
    wJbomAo.png
    edited May 2020
    musteni wrote: »
    I have some plans I thought lying in my bed last night, lol. First of all I want to keep at least part of Evergreen harbour polluted because that's the world most suited for it. I'd like it to be really bad there. Other areas that I'm thinking should have pollution: Spice Market in SM, Cavalier Cove in BB, Starlight Boulevard in DSV, 5 lots in a row in NC, maybe Mirage Park in DSV and/or the poorest neighbourhood in WC. Areas that I want to go greener: WB island, top neighbourhood in NC, Forgotten Hollow, Mua Pel'am in Sulani... Might change my mind on these still, depends what the changes require :D I also can't wait to get my hand on those N.A.P.s, but not sure yet what I'm going to do with them. There has to be a neighbourhood with free love!

Spice Market in San Myshuno sounds like a good neighbourhood to have a red district reputation, free love or not. :joy:

somewhsome wrote: »

Yes, the machine is modern, but so is the furniture! :smiley: The woodworking table is good for ancient sims.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I will make Evergreen Harbor all green, but when this eco friendly generation dies, newcomers will come in and let the environment deteriorate once again!
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    There are so many new gameplay and storyline possibilities, I honestly don't know where to start! And I love that. Can't remember the last time I was this excited for an expansion :smiley:
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Alright, let's see!

Main save: use cheats (UI Cheats will probably have it) to max out Green for my entire world, then turn off changes to it stays glorious (I'll have to see whether turning it off when Green is maxed out keeps it like that, or if I keep it on and just use cheats to keep it in that state). This is my utopia, basically.

Another save: this will be my testing save! I'll make a new Sim, start out in a starter home in Evergreen Harbour, and play out a greening storyline.

Dystopia save: another separate one! Turn Industrial all the way up then keep it there, use a bunch of absolutely glorious dystopian and cyberpunk builds I found on the Gallery, and play in San Myshuno with my favourite premades. Going to do this as a story on Instagram! (It won't be forum-suitable, sorry!) Also going to use the TOOL mod to add more industrial stuff, more garbage, et cetera, just for atmosphere.

Finally, runaway teen/aged down save: Also San Myshuno! This is a save I'm working on with a few others here, since I want to do a Runaway Teen challenge with Johnny Zest, but EL is going to add some great flavour to it. The griminess and dumpster diving will be a good part of it!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Oooo I love these threads

I have a few ideas for sure. My newer legacy save on the island of windenburg will be green for this generation and I might even play around with putting them off the grid with power sources. My founder is a painter, hubby is a scientist who does woodworking and gardening on the side. However I like the idea of some of my heirs being less eco friendly than others so I like that I can play around with that. Be interesting to see this neighborhood polluted and gross. I’m contemplating making the small lot there a community space but not totally sure yet.

I have another save I love where the sim I’m playing is generation 3. It’s not legacy style but I’ve been playing the save for a couple years. The current sim is in Uni studying fine arts to be a stylist since I’ve never actually played that career lol. I’ve always had this idea of her living in a green industrial style penthouse. But now I might move her to evergreen harbor at port promise. I feel like she fits a bit of eco friendly and I’d love the work on cleaning that area up with her. I also have my eye on a guy for her so maybe he can be in the new career but I’m also contemplating putting her future child in that career. My biggest decision now is do take all of her money and start a rags to riches style once she’s there. She only took a little from her parents as I didn’t want her living off their riches so I might actually do that. Make her semi edgy, but also a bit girly, self dumpster dive lol.

Those are my main saves right now. I know in my legacy I’ll never turn off the eco footprint as it makes sense that they’ll always have some influence. I have a few other saves but haven’t been playing them much. Be fun to maybe restart my not so berry challenge and make the founder live in a polluted oasis springs. She would love it as a scientist and mischievous sim lol.

All I know is I have peps so so bad for the first time really ever. If I had a computer that could play seasons when it was released...well I’d have had that problem then too (seasons may have been the reason I upgraded to a desktop).