Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Asking Sim To Move In

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
So in my current game, my sim's best friend (well almost best friend) and neighbor is Penny. I saw a build today that inspired me to ask her to move in. I've never done this option before though so how does it really work? It won't make them like date or anything right? Because my Sim is already taken. So I don't want that to be an issue. I've never played Penny before but she seems like a really cool Sim to play. Opinions on it? Oh and once they move in, you have control over them right? Or is it like having a roommate?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    It won't make them date and you'll have full control of her. She'll be part of your household from then on. And she'll come with her money 😅
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    It's in the Friendly interactions if your relationship is high enough. No worries, it doesn't make them date! If she moves in like that, you'll be able to control her but you can also ask her to be a roommate as a separate interaction and then you won't be able to control her.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh ok, so I don't know which option I'd want now, lol. I kind of want another Sim to control but I kind of don't at the same time. Which would you do?
    Duvelina wrote: »
    It's in the Friendly interactions if your relationship is high enough. No worries, it doesn't make them date! If she moves in like that, you'll be able to control her but you can also ask her to be a roommate as a separate interaction and then you won't be able to control her.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    Oh ok, so I don't know which option I'd want now, lol. I kind of want another Sim to control but I kind of don't at the same time. Which would you do?

You could also try her as a roommate first, see if you enjoy that. If you don't, you can always ask her to move in fully. You can also do it the other way around where you can just move her out and ask her to be your roommate if it didn't turn out to be fun controlling her.
    Oh ok I'll do that. That won't affect the friendship at all?

You could also try her as a roommate first, see if you enjoy that. If you don't, you can always ask her to move in fully. You can also do it the other way around where you can just move her out and ask her to be your roommate if it didn't turn out to be fun controlling her.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    The moving out and then becoming roommate doesn't. I'm not sure about roommates and then moving in because I'm not sure if you need to kick her out first before she can fully move in. I can imagine that wouldn't be too good on the relationship, but I'm not sure! Maybe someone else can answer that.
    Ok I tried it and I want to go back to just one Sim. So how do I make Penny just the roommate?
    The moving out and then becoming roommate doesn't. I'm not sure about roommates and then moving in because I'm not sure if you need to kick her out first before she can fully move in. I can imagine that wouldn't be too good on the relationship, but I'm not sure! Maybe someone else can answer that.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    Try to split the household by transferring her out from the household screen before you go into the house. You can also use the move out option on Penny's phone. After that, have your sim use the roommate option on her. It should be one of the last interactions when you click on Penny with your main sim.