Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you approach The Sims as a game?

Pardon the weird title; I wasn’t sure how best to phrase it. I figured with all the talk about the new pack and what we come to expect out of this game, it would be a good time to ask about people’s expectations and what they feel about The Sims (4 or otherwise). But this is kind of a multiple question discussion so it’s too complex for a simple poll.

1. What kind of session do you feel like this game should have? Should it be a “1-2 hour burst” kinda game, a “long 4+ hour” session type, or the “pick it up, put it down” type?

2. How do you use your content? Do you try to use every system from every pack all at once? Do you prefer to have individually tailored experiences/stories?

3. Do you think it’s better to own ALL of the packs or just the ones that appeal to you? This one is big, because I feel like it’s what generates some of the more controversial opinions about the packs we get.

4. What kind of duration of play do you expect out of a The Sims game? Should it be a game you can play “forever”? Or do you only expect maybe a good 40-100 hours of play per pack you have installed?

Comments

• ElstarElstar Posts: 28 Member
    I see the sims as a sandbox, you play it as you want, so

1. You play as long as you want for the given day

2. Usually I have all the pack installed and mods to change diffrent asspects of the game

3. I see pack in the same ways as I see mods. Buy the onces you want and intresses you.

4. The sims is a "forever" game. I will probably play it until I find an other game that does it "better". Better subjective and therefor I use mods. Nothing is perfect and everything can be improved.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    1. I play The Sims obsessively when I play it. I play it in long sessions, days after one another and then there might be a time where I don't play at all.

2. I definitely don't use all content at once. I don't really think about what pack I'm using. At the moment, I use whatever system fits my story. That was very different with the Not So Berry challenge I attempted before which is very tailored towards using one pack at a time.

3. I think it's better to own the packs that appeal to you if there are things you don't want in your game or would bother you. I've always owned all packs for every installment in the franchise and I don't think that will ever change. I don't want to miss out on any features and there's nothing I'm bothered by or particularly dislike, so I just get everything.

4. I do see The Sims as a forever game. I still play Sims 2 and 3 alongside 4 so I think it holds up. I've even gone back to the original The Sims before and even that one holds up. I think all the games are gems in their own way.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    1. It varies for me. Sometimes I play for an hour or less and other times I get really engrossed and play for several hours, especially if I am creating a sim or a build. Sometimes I even take breaks and don't play at all for weeks.

2. I have a main sim that I like to do everything with. When it doesn't fit with his character/story though, I sometimes start a new story to try new content, but usually I like to use packs together, in fact I love it when different packs are designed to work well together.

3. I personally like to collect packs, but then each one so far has added something to my gameplay. I don't see much point in buying a pack if there is absolutely nothing you like about it, but knowing me I will always find something, even if it's only small.

4. For me The Sims is all about storytelling and I prefer content that supports that. I don't necessarily expect to play everything over and over again e.g. aspirations, but for the most part I like gameplay to be open and versatile so that I can create different characters, worlds, and stories for as long as I like.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. I usually play for 2 hours or more at a time so I go in knowing I will be playing for awhile. That's not to say that I won't go in to take a quick snapshot or if I have an idea burning in my head but only a short while to play I won't go in to get it started .. usually that's a CAS session though or a set up a home type of thing.

2. I use the content to fit my characters and stories so that could include overlap of many packs.. it just depends. On release of a pack I might try to play with it as is a little to get a feel for the items and gameplay but not always, as I might not like or might not be drawn too playing with the main theme(s) pack at the time of purchase but I want to use certain objects, skills, CAS, or new places. For example when I got the vampire pack my initial use was to make a Bates Motel and Psycho House in Forgotten Hollow. I didn't even try to play vampires for quite awhile. I made a Chuck Norris vampire killer long before making a vampire also. Sometimes it takes years for me to use or touch on all parts of a pack.

3. I want to own all the packs because I always find ways to utilize what is in each to expand my overall gameplay and stories. Always.

4. The sims is basically a forever game or as long as my computer will run it or it gets too dated for me to find it appealing anymore. I can't say I won't ever get tired of it of course. I haven't loaded in Sims 1 in many years and when I tried Sims 2 about a year ago it wasn't appealing anymore even though I loved that game back in the day.... but I certainly don't expect to get a clear cut and minimal amount of hours out of each pack. I'm still engaged with Sims 4 and by the time it wraps up I'll be ready to try out mods more regularly.. and that will expand it's longevity for me even more. I'll probably be playing it and switching up between it and any new successor that comes along for some time before Sims 4 becomes dated for me. I can't see it feeling dated for me for a very long time.

egTcBMc.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,479 Member
    I play the Sims for as many hours as I'm enjoying myself. I don't sleep well and there has been times where I was just too sleepy to play. That was a short session. Normally, I can play for up to all day. I am 65 years old with very few responsibilities (all three children are grown and live on their own) and I no longer babysit for the one grandson. So, my time is my time.

I can't begin to tell you what item came from what pack, specifically. I use what I like, what suits the household and the style of the Sims that live there. I suppose there are some items I use more often than others. I do wish we would get a few more choices when it comes to kitchen cabinets, as I grow tired of using the same ones, just different colors. Most of what we have in that category, I simply don't like.

When it comes to which packs to own, I'm in the category of picking and choosing that which I like. Back when I was playing Sims2 (my introduction to gaming and this franchise) I was so enchanted I bought every EP, and SP offered. With Sims3, I was far more choosy. I bought all EPs, with the exception of Supernaturals, and was very glad EA split the aliens from that pack and placed them into Seasons, instead. I like aliens. I only purchased two, maybe three of the SPs, however. I just wasn't thrilled on the whole, but also wanted to spare my now defunct gaming rig. Sims3 is hard on a computer.

This go-around I haven't purchased vampires or RoM, and the My First Pet pack, either. Right now, I'm considering whether or not I want Eco Living. The whole 'save the dying planet thing' is a trigger for me. I just caught the tail end of the livestream. I saw that the Repo Man will make a return if your Sims fail to pay their overdue bills in that 48 hour window we have now. At the end the of the livestream, the Guru started a fire. I watched with delight when I saw FIREFIGHTERS race into the room and put out the flames! Yay! Plus, they made it clear we can turn off the eco footprint part of the gameplay. So, I have a great deal of thinking to do before the EP comes out. I'm back on the fence. Regarding the duration, it should be a forever thing. I don't play games where you have to 'win'. I prefer Sims because it's a sandbox game. There is no right or wrong way to play it's up to me. What bothered me the most about Eco Living was the 'change the way you play' thought about it. I don't wish to waste the game play time having my Sims run around doing certain things to clean the air, nor do I wish to bring politics into my game by having them vote on something else they may have to do as a neighborhood. I don't want to change how I play my game, thank you very much. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @GalacticGal Repomen and firefighters come with the base game, you don't have to buy Eco Lifestyle if you don't want any of it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    [quote="Sim2Spore;d-976006"]Pardon the weird title; I wasn’t sure how best to phrase it. I figured with all the talk about the new pack and what we come to expect out of this game, it would be a good time to ask about people’s expectations and what they feel about The Sims (4 or otherwise). But this is kind of a multiple question discussion so it’s too complex for a simple poll.

1. What kind of session do you feel like this game should have? Should it be a “1-2 hour burst” kinda game, a “long 4+ hour” session type, or the “pick it up, put it down” type?

I tend to play in bursts because there is so much to do it becomes overwhelming! Rather than play for 10hr straight I prefer to play little by little all throughout the day.

2. How do you use your content? Do you try to use every system from every pack all at once? Do you prefer to have individually tailored experiences/stories?

I tailor my own individual stories and I never use all the content at once. Till this day I still have not explored the jungles, played most of the active careers and many other things because I feel there is so much to do I just haven't gotten around to it.

3. Do you think it’s better to own ALL of the packs or just the ones that appeal to you? This one is big, because I feel like it’s what generates some of the more controversial opinions about the packs we get.

Owning all the packs is a big plus!!! Because even if it's a pack I'm not that interested in there is always something from that pack I can use! Bits and pieces of everything!

4. What kind of duration of play do you expect out of a The Sims game? Should it be a game you can play “forever”? Or do you only expect maybe a good 40-100 hours of play per pack you have installed?[/quote]

That's what I love about the sims and why I don't mind spending endless money on it because the game to me is endless. Something you play forever as you keep coming up with new storylines and ways to play. I have not played playstation in atleast 4 years😆because this is the only "endless" game for me. Never get bored of it. Though I do take breaks (because everybody needs some) I eventually go back to it and the possibilities keep rolling in.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    1) Playing the sims is so engaging for me that I tend to play for very long periods (honestly, I'd play all day, every day, if I could get away with it :lol: ). So I typically don't start playing unless I have a lot of time on my hands. I'll go for several weeks without playing at all because I am too busy with real life to have good long play sessions. And then, when I have some time, I'll play solidly all weekend from the moment I get up until my husband tells my I have to go to bed. It's definitely not a "pick up and put down" game for me. It's a "be transported into another universe and stay there for days and days" game.

2) Once a pack is installed, everything in it is just an option I can use in my stories. What I use at any given moment depends on what story is going on in my head and what I want to have happen next. I don't think "now I'm going to play with Dine Out". I think "Jack wants to go out to dinner with Jill."

3) Why would I buy packs that don't appeal to me? That doesn't even make sense. I own most of the packs, but only because most of them appeal to me for one reason or another.

4) The Sims itself is a forever game for me as long as my computer can run it, and I still like playing it. However, any individual specific save I create I may or may not play for a long time. I'm always coming up with new story or character ideas and I frequently start new saves to try out those ideas. I have some saves I have played for years and am still playing, and others I played for a while and lost interest in. It completely depends on how fond I become of the individual sims I create for that specific save. We have to bond for the relationship to last.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. I play about 2-3 hours game sessions, sometimes less if I don't have time for more. I have issues with my eyes, so I can't play too long sessions. My eyes get very strained and blurry and I have to stop even if I didn't want to, usually 3 hours is the most I can do.

2. I use all the content I need. Once I've installed a pack and it's in my game I don't even think about it as an individual pack, it's just Sims 4 for me and my Sims continue living the way they do and I will use everything that the game offers. I don't have any limits unless I play a challenge and the rules forbid me to use certain content.

3. It's always best to buy just the packs you like. When I started playing Sims 4 I didn't plan to buy them all, but I liked everything and because I don't use CC or mods I want to have as much CAS, BB and game play options as possible. I ended up buying all packs and it's not a big deal for me, because Sims 4 is my biggest hobby and I don't spend too much money on other things. I don't have any regrets.

4. Right now I feel like I want to play Sims 4 forever. I don't know how long it will actually be possible, but I hope at least 10 years.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Playing time varies with time available and interest in what's happening in game.

Content use, EA or CC, depends on setting/story type a particular gamesave is

Unlike TS2 where every pack is a genuine addition to the game, I have only those packs with content that is of interest

at my age nothing down here is 'forever', but I do view a game as a long term item unless it is so bad it gets deleted or is so old it won't run on amy of my machines.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    1. I always play like 2-3 hours with a pause and then another 2-3 hours. Once I begin to play I play at least until one full Simday has ended. I have this autistic reaction where I can't stop in the middle of a day.
    2. I have different stories, but I always mess around with all packs I have. I'm a Challenge-person, I need a purpose to play and I need everything to play the Challenge. The rest doesn't really matter to me.
    3. Yeah, I think it's better to own all packs in my case, where you play challenges with lots of packs built in it, but you can just start easy with the ones you really like. Please, don't buy them all at once :')
    4. A forever-game sounds nice, but the real world also lives on. You'll never know when it possibly stops for you.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020

Oh, this is a game that should definitely be a long-play, 4+ hour experience. I've described this series before as a "Day Eater," a type of game that sucks you in for hours on end, to the point where you don't realize how long you've played until you look up and it's already 3 a.m. Platformers, fighting games, and puzzle games should be playable in short bursts of 30 minutes to 2 hours, but RPG's and simulation games should be able to devour your entire day.

If I bought it, I try to find somewhere I can use it. It might not all be in the same household, or even in the same save...but, oh...I find a way...

Personally, I think it's more important to have the packs what you need most for your gameplay style. That's why it's so grating when I see people who bought "Vampires," even though they want a strictly down-to-earth simming experience, complaining about vampire break-ins. You bought a pack called "Vampires," it features vampire break-ins, if you didn't want that kind of gameplay then you should have skipped the pack. You don't need to own EVERYTHING, just the stuff you WANT to play with.

4. What kind of duration of play do you expect out of a The Sims game? Should it be a game you can play “forever”? Or do you only expect maybe a good 40-100 hours of play per pack you have installed?

Infinite replayability. These games should be ones you can play for thousands of hours over many years, even without any DLC. The packs should be the frosting and sprinkles on an already moist and flavorful cake, not the thing you slather on "cake" that's more like a dry hunk of flavorless bread than anything even approaching a desert. You dig?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    1) mine would be approximately the 4+ hours range...

2) I play creating stories and I only use pack features when they fit the story I want to tell. I have never explored a pack all at once. I integrate pack features in my game as it goes.

3) I don't see any reason to someone get a pack that he/she doesn't want. I don't have packs that I don't like.

4) I have hundreds of hours of play but with the amount of features that I have still to explore and the fact that, from the ones I have explored, I've played using only one point of view, I would say I have all my life to play Sims 4.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't think it "SHOULD" be anything other than what the player feels like playing and it's a game that works great all 3 ways. Myself I usually play it 1-2 hours at a time (normally an hour and a half) but on days at work when I am just there to be there and allowed to pass time on my laptop, I can play it 7 hours during the shift and it works well.

I create stories and use whatever elements from each pack work with it.

Definitely only the ones that appeal to you. It's not about owning the complete game, it's about creating the perfect game for yourself and completing that. I don't own vampires, I'd hate to have them in my game, so spending money on something that would make the game worse for me, would be silly.

I can play it forever haha. I've played all the SIms games but this one holds my attention like none of the previous ones did. I can't seem to get bored of the game as I'm always creating new stories. I love it. That being said, each pack itself cannot hold my attention for a set time. I incorporate a tiny bit of each into my main save to make it come to life a bit more. I probably get the most out of Island Living, my families live in Sulani and are all conservationists and I play that pack a lot. Parenthood and Get together too actually. Packs like DU I played once, found it boring, would never get close to 40 hrs of play out of it, but I'd still use things like the soccerball and hairstyles over and over in my Island Living save, I'm using one of the beds too... so I'm still getting something out of the pack even though it's not game play really.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    1. I currently have a game that is on the 3rd generation for 10 families, but I rarely play more than an hour at a time. If I didn't have interruptions, I would play longer. But I don't think of it as a game to be played in short bursts.
    2. I do try to use the content from various packs. Right now I'm working on Discover University, having several of my students work on degrees from home. I rarely concentrate on one pack, and still have much to explore in Island Living.
    3. For me, I own all the packs. But I might be able to resist future packs, especially if my computer starts to act up. I can always use something, even if it's only clothing and hair (I'm looking at you, Perfect Patio).
    4. For me it's a "forever" game. Once I finish this project -- which will take a couple more years at the rate I'm going -- I'm sure I'll have another idea to work on. I don't know how many thousands of hours I'm at.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    1. I tend to play around 1-2 hours at a time but I’ll take a break and then go back in later for the same amount of time. I do feel it’s a game that can truly make you not realize that 6 hours have gone by so I force breaks on myself every few hours. I also take months off with out playing at all. It’s one of those games I can stop and easily jump right back in to.
    2. I use content when it works for my families. Like I don’t immediately have to try out all features in a new pack. There is still a ton I haven’t done because I use it when it works for my game. I guess what I’m saying is I don’t force a story just to use more of a pack I have as I know it will work in somehow eventually.
    3. I don’t think you have to have all the content. I say buy what makes you happy and fits your playstyle. I have all the packs but that’s because I know I’ll get use from them and for the most part majority of them have really interested me. I bought vampires and MFP to compete my collection but also because I liked certain aspects of each.
    4. I find it to be a forever game. But in saying that I think it also depends on future sim games and the future playability of sims 4 on new hardware. Like sims 2 is very difficult to get to run on modern hardware but I’d still play it if I could easily do so.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    1: pick it up and put it down, but still have 1000s of gameplay hours.

2: ???...? Idk, I just use what I like from all of the content.

3: ALL OF THEM. Either buy them at release or chill and wait for a sale.

4: forever.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Pardon the weird title; I wasn’t sure how best to phrase it. I figured with all the talk about the new pack and what we come to expect out of this game, it would be a good time to ask about people’s expectations and what they feel about The Sims (4 or otherwise). But this is kind of a multiple question discussion so it’s too complex for a simple poll.

1. I personally go with it as the mood strikes. Sometimes it is play for 10 minutes in CAS and leave, others it's a long 10 hours blast. It's not that kind of a game that can draw me in by itself. Unless I'm writing a story or testing a new pose, that is.

2. I don't go out of my way to use everything but I do try to at least give it a chance. Mostly I just stick with what I like, though. On the other hand, in story making absolutely everything is needed. Never know when or what can come in useful.

3. This is a good question and it will can be answered on multiple levels. If the player is just that - a player and they play SIms 4 as it is, without making their own stories and using mods, then they should probably pick and choose. There are good packs and there are bad packs. If the player is a builder and likes to make many houses and release them on gallery then it would be better to own everything. Some items in bad packs are true gold. It the player is actively using mods, then again it s worthwhile to have everything. Mod makers are very talented people and can make something amazing with what is available. The same is also arguably true for story makers. More the merrier. With that said, there are packs that are too good to pass up on.

4. I have no expectations. Whatever sticks - sticks. Right now I'm too busy with filming for the story, so I'm not even really playing the game, Sims 4 is an excellent creativity medium.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    It depends on the system I am playing The Sims. Right now I am playing My Sims Agents on Wii, its fun easy puzzles with some building. Super fun. If you are talking on a PC then here are my answers:

1. This is a fun sandbox type game you can choose how you play. I mostly build, use game play to test fun items and you know... deaths. So I play for over 4 hours for months then put it down for months, then pick it back up, even completely delete old saves.

2. I like to build with all the packs and make as close to what I envision, and then I'll make a bunch of pack specific houses/ builds. When I am playing the game I have everything on going crazy.

3. Do what fits your play style, life style, and budget style. I have all Sims 1, some of Sims 2, some of Sims 3, and all of Sims 4. I have all the packs because I caught a lot of the sales and the Sims 4 is lacking in the items department, color choice department, just all departments when it comes to build/buy (can't really talk about live mode game play as I just use it to check out stuff). I think the free updates are great.

4. This is a sandbox you can play forever. I still play with Legos so digital Legos with dolls you can dress up should live forever and ever ... the end.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good thread.

1. I play in long sessions with Sims games.

2. I build, so I use the content. I tend to tailor it depending on the build I'm doing or story I'm doing which usually involves pets and children and supernaturals.

3. I think buy what you can and what you like. When I was a teen I could only afford to buy 2-3 packs per iteration because I was doing chores and recycling to afford the packs.

4. I have been playing the Sims games for 18 years now. I tried taking a break from it during the Sims 3 and met a Maxoid who has since passed last year, so even if you wanted to quit the Sims, could never. Once a Simmer always a Simmer. I'm a hybrid player I guess so I play sandbox, generational, mixed realistic/supernatural, multi-cultural, deviant, builder, free-will, and sometimes attempt CC recoloring.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    1. I usually play a particular sims game for a few weeks, then switch to a different one. I rotate between TS2, TS3, and TS4.
    2. To me, some packs (like Seasons) can be used whenever, whereas others (like Get Famous) can only be used in certain stories. I tend to prefer the more generalized packs, especially if they contribute to wholesome family play.
    3. I think it’s definitely better to own only the packs that appeal to you. I made the mistake of buying Discover University because everyone was raving about it, but it turned out to be my least favorite pack and now I play with it uninstalled just to avoid having a panic attack.
    4. I feel like each Sims game has a limit to how much you can play. Once you’ve played for a while, it gets boring and repetitive, even if you have a lot of DLC. Currently, I’m bored of the franchise as a whole and have switched to Animal Crossing instead. Since I’m not sold on Eco Lifestyle, especially after the Discover University incident, I’ll probably continue to not play Sims for a long time.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @SimsLovinLycan I only own Vampires because I lost a bet. :/
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    It depends. I usually go through phases and can play all day long. At the same time, I sometimes play for just an hour or just a little bit. It doesn't really matter to me.

I do try to use everything once, because I want to get my money's worth! I buy packs to play through everything, although it can take years before I feel like I've "completed" a pack. I play generations and try to do something different every time so I can get everything out of the game.
    Before, I used to just start over again and again and I kept making the same type of sims (gardeners, cooks, creative types). Now I try to really try out all sorts of things.

I don't see the point in buying packs that don't appeal to you. I don't think it's a competition or something to brag about that you have them all just to have them all. Just get what looks like fun, and don't get the ones that don't look interesting to you. If you think they all look great, than by all means get them all. But if you don't, than don't.

I expect to be able to play it forever. Of course, not every pack can cater to that. For example when it comes to CL: I played the political career and I thought it was really boring. But then I loved the Social Media career. I am now taking my sim al through the city to collect all the recipes which I've never done before, but I'll probably make other sims also try to collect all the recipes. I don't think I'll revisit the politician but who knows, what I like about the sims is that you can play forever with everything.
    The only pack I regret buying is Vampires. They are cool, but I don't really feel like revisiting them and the Build, buy and cas is pretty useless outside of vampires. So far that's the only pack that I feel like is too specific to incorporate in any type of gameplay so I kinda regret it.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    1. I tend to play it in longer sessions. That might be partly because most of the other games I play tend to make sense in a long session rather than a short burst though. I could see it working in smaller doses as well, as unless you are doing a degree in university the game does not really have defined beginning and endpoints unlike some other types of games.

2. I use all the systems that are relevant at a given time. So if there is a toddler/child/teen in the household then I will use the parenting system, but something like seasons is always on.

3. If money is no object, I'd say all the Expansion and Games packs that add gameplay that appeals to you and improves the way that you play. It makes no sense to get Vampires if you don't want supernatural vampire gameplay, Dine Out unless you want to run a restaurant, Realm of Magic if your not interested in magical sims or Island Living if you are not planning on spending lots of time in Sulani. Getting gameplay something that will have you don't want then complaining that it effects the whole game makes no sense to me.

With stuff packs, aside from Tiny Living, Laundry Day and maybe Moschino Stuff it comes down to if you are going to use most of the items and CAS content.

I think with the amount of stuff that is available for the game at this point it would actually be really hard to use enough of everything thats out to justify getting it all.

4. Until a game comes along that is similar enough that is better, it is a forever type of game to me. I'd consider the Sims 2 and 3 to be different enough that they are not made obsolete by 4. To me they all go off in different directions so going back to the older ones still makes sense if you like aspects of the core gameplay that the newer ones lack.

I think it is more likely that 4 might be made obsolete by 5 when it comes out than the older entries, though I'd love it if they took the social systems and mechanics systems of 2 and added the open world, the colour wheel and story progression of 3, but I cant see that happening. If 5 has a compulsory multiplayer element or single player suffers significantly due to the addition of multiplayer and Paralives bombs, then 4 will become a forever game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    1 I use everything in my Sims packs
    2 it's a game I play for hours
    3 I get all the packs because there isn't a feature I don't use I'm a supernatural player as well as a family player
    4 I still play all my Sims games I have 2500 hours in Sims 4 1500 hours in Sims 3 and
    And since 2 I only have 44 hours in or something like that because I haven't had it very long
    more for sim kids and more drama please