Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safari pack, roadmap art?

I saw someone mention a possible safari pack because of roadmap art. I was wondering what was meant by roadmap art and was wondering if anyone could show pictures of it or share a link to it.

Comments

• Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/eacom/SIMS/common/ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.crop191x100.628p.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No he’s from Jungle Adventure...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    It was me, here's what I said:

"My guess is a Safari pack. We did see a lot of animals and sims dressed in safari clothes in the roadmap art, and we know none of that is coming in Eco Lifestyle or Knitting. And of course, it's a major first.

Also, the future cube did mention something about an utterly impressive foe and animal riding. Both totally fit this theme."

While I am aware that the sim shown is from Jungle Adventure and the animals are from Cats and Dogs and Realm of Magic, since they were announcing 3 upcoming packs, I can't help but think the images chosen are some sort of hint.

The sims protesting (that are from City Living) could be a hint to Eco Lifestyle, since there's this whole voting system and the community gathering to stop pollution.

There are 3 different images of animals (cats, dogs and the owl). This has to mean something. Could either be a farming pack or a safari (as I see, the best/more likely packs to add animals). Since they said the next GP is a major first, it can't be farming.

Also, I found it curious that one of the future cube's hint says something about gnomes and pixelated future, and the roadmap art shows a pixelated gnome. So yeah, even though all things in this picture already exist in the game, I do believe they're a hint to what's coming in these 6 months.

Btw, the picture I mentioned is the one @EliasVersace posted above.

https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/eacom/SIMS/common/ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.crop191x100.628p.png
  • Options

"My guess is a Safari pack. We did see a lot of animals and sims dressed in safari clothes in the roadmap art, and we know none of that is coming in Eco Lifestyle or Knitting. And of course, it's a major first.

Also, the future cube did mention something about an utterly impressive foe and animal riding. Both totally fit this theme."

While I am aware that the sim shown is from Jungle Adventure and the animals are from Cats and Dogs and Realm of Magic, since they were announcing 3 upcoming packs, I can't help but think the images chosen are some sort of hint.

The sims protesting (that are from City Living) could be a hint to Eco Lifestyle, since there's this whole voting system and the community gathering to stop pollution.

There are 3 different images of animals (cats, dogs and the owl). This has to mean something. Could either be a farming pack or a safari (as I see, the best/more likely packs to add animals). Since they said the next GP is a major first, it can't be farming.

Also, I found it curious that one of the future cube's hint says something about gnomes and pixelated future, and the roadmap art shows a pixelated gnome. So yeah, even though all things in this picture already exist in the game, I do believe they're a hint to what's coming in these 6 months.

Everything in that roadmap photo is a pack already created....

• Options

Perhaps if you read carefully you will understand my point. I know all those things are already in the game, and I even pointed out from which packs they are. It doesn't mean the images they chose can't be hints towards future content.
  • Options

Perhaps if you read carefully you will understand my point. I know all those things are already in the game, and I even pointed out from which packs they are. It doesn't mean the images they chose can't be hints towards future content.

Doubt it, that’s a bit reaching. Why would they use old packs as hints. Not to say we won’t get other animals but there being cats and dogs in the picture isn’t a hint.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    If they picked random stuff from previous packs and added to the picture, I wouldn't be speculating, but to me it really looks like it's a hint.

Why would they pick 2 different images of cats, for instance? If they were just showing random previous content, why not add a skeleton, a servo or something like that, why add FOUR cats in the picture (and in two different places)? On top of that, there's an owl, a kid with an unicorn t-shirt holding a bear, a spider and a sim with an elephant pattern on her skirt. I mean, isn't that too much animals? I say that's speculating material, but that's just me.

Also, as I mentioned, those sims protesting could definitely be related to Eco Lifestyle, and I just noticed that in the male sim's shirt is planet earth. To me that's definitely realted to the community gathering and voting to stop pollution.

The future cube (which the simgurus themselves brought attention to) also has these 2 phrases:

"I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    "Your future looks pixelated."

You can clearly see a pixelated gnome in the picture and, considering the 4 felines in the picture and the elephant pattern, the impressive foe could be a lion or an elephant.

I'm generally quite realistic/pessimist and don't tend to dream too much, also, safaris are not on my wishlist, so I have no reason to be reaching about it, I just really think there's a lot of hints in this pic.
  • Options
    The protesting Sims are just from City Living 🤷‍♀️ Nothing to do with Eco Lifestyle, although it will be cool to protest using that platform once you get the pack. As for everything else, I just don’t see it. But the game pack is supposed to be something never done before, maybe we’ll get a zoo pack 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    The protesting Sims are just from City Living 🤷‍♀️ Nothing to do with Eco Lifestyle, although it will be cool to protest using that platform once you get the pack. As for everything else, I just don’t see it. But the game pack is supposed to be something never done before, maybe we’ll get a zoo pack 🤷‍♀️

Yup, they are from City Living, as I stated above.

Well, if it's a zoo pack, then all I'm saying applies, right? Lots of animals either way :)

Guess we'll have to wait and see. They're probably announcing it at EA Play.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I also think the protesting Sims were definitely an intended hint towards Eco Lifestyle. I too suspect some kind of animal/wildlife-related pack could be on it's way, but I'm not sure why they would use cats to hint at it.. Maybe they wanted the hint to be vague? So they just put random animals from the game in the render?
  • Options
    I also think the protesting Sims were definitely an intended hint towards Eco Lifestyle. I too suspect some kind of animal/wildlife-related pack could be on it's way, but I'm not sure why they would use cats to hint at it.. Maybe they wanted the hint to be vague? So they just put random animals from the game in the render?

I guess they just wanted to use animals to hint at the pack, so they put whatever animals we have in the game, cats being one of them. But they did use 4 cats, so I guess maybe if we're getting an animal-related pack, it could be a hint that they're including felines like lions and such. Just a guess tho.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020

If they picked random stuff from previous packs and added to the picture, I wouldn't be speculating, but to me it really looks like it's a hint.

Why would they pick 2 different images of cats, for instance? If they were just showing random previous content, why not add a skeleton, a servo or something like that, why add FOUR cats in the picture (and in two different places)? On top of that, there's an owl, a kid with an unicorn t-shirt holding a bear, a spider and a sim with an elephant pattern on her skirt. I mean, isn't that too much animals? I say that's speculating material, but that's just me.

Also, as I mentioned, those sims protesting could definitely be related to Eco Lifestyle, and I just noticed that in the male sim's shirt is planet earth. To me that's definitely realted to the community gathering and voting to stop pollution.

The future cube (which the simgurus themselves brought attention to) also has these 2 phrases:

"I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    "Your future looks pixelated."

You can clearly see a pixelated gnome in the picture and, considering the 4 felines in the picture and the elephant pattern, the impressive foe could be a lion or an elephant.

I'm generally quite realistic/pessimist and don't tend to dream too much, also, safaris are not on my wishlist, so I have no reason to be reaching about it, I just really think there's a lot of hints in this pic.

Very well put together 👌👌👌👌👌I have to agree.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I really hope this guess ends up being right. I would love more vacation GPs, and Safari one could be really fun (and new)! It could also feature the return of more small pets (reptiles and birds, which could also explain the owl in the picture)
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would love a safari like pack, that would be amazing
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

@EliasVersace The mother cat is tired and there are three kittens. There is a spider and a magical owl with a naked pixelated gnome.

I have no idea what any of that means. 😂🤪
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I think the naked gnome and the 'the future is pixelated' could refer to the Free Love action plan in Eco Lifestyle?
    And aren't the cats related to Nifty Knitting (since cats like wool)?
    So, there might as well be a safari pack coming next!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They did ask on the poll if we'd like an African style world... that would kinda fit haha.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I think the naked gnome and the 'the future is pixelated' could refer to the Free Love action plan in Eco Lifestyle?

Yes, I also think the gnome is related to the free love feature in EL, I just used it to explain why I think the roadmap art is giving us hints in general.

About cats being related to knitting, I don't know. I think it does make sense, but they could've also included elders or people dressed in comfy clothes. By adding 4 cats, and combining those with all the other animals in the pic (owl, bear, butterfly, elephant, unicorn, spider) I can only think it's related to a safari or another animal-related pack.

Also, I think it would be kinda pointless to hint at the knitting pack since we chose the theme, so we always knew it was coming out.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think bands, but I also think a new vacation. In africa.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld say that the next GP is either

- a new vacation destination in Africa because of the 'tour guide', the elephants and the felines;
    - a space travel pack because of the stars on the girl's necklace and because there are the unicorn, feline and spider constellations or
    - a darkness pack because cats, owls, spiders and stars are nocturnal or have night vision. Also owls represent bad luck and elephants with the trump up represent good luck.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Yes, I also think the gnome is related to the free love feature in EL, I just used it to explain why I think the roadmap art is giving us hints in general.

About cats being related to knitting, I don't know. I think it does make sense, but they could've also included elders or people dressed in comfy clothes. By adding 4 cats, and combining those with all the other animals in the pic (owl, bear, butterfly, elephant, unicorn, spider) I can only think it's related to a safari or another animal-related pack.

Also, I think it would be kinda pointless to hint at the knitting pack since we chose the theme, so we always knew it was coming out.

Maybe it'll be a small pets pack you know with bunnies and lizards and turtles and birds act excetera excetera
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    There both look after - My second pet.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    It’s almost definitely a dragon pack/reminiscent of game of thrones. The gnome freezer bunny on a llama sounds like the ice king and the vet with multiple cats reminds me of the mother of dragons. I’ve noticed the sims team does this a lot with popular media: Strangerville was their version of Stranger Things. Sulani was their version of Moana. Realm of Magic was their version of Harry Potter. I think this game pack will be an adaptation of the most successful pop culture thing in a while: Game of Thrones. I have no idea how they would pull that off in a game pack though I’m excited to see them try!
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I, too, thought it is gonna be a safari type of pack. It is not what i would have personally wanted at this point, but it could still be fun.