Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin keeps telling me my account is in use

I try to log into my Origin account and it tells me its logged into another computer.This is bad because i haven't logged into another computer. Is this a glitch has anyone else had this happen? HELP!

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Never happened before. Just wondering, can you check if no one else is using your account?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    I don't think I can.At least I'm not sure. I changed my email and password to be on the safe side, and plan to at least change passwords more often. I've ran malawarebytes to see if someone used a keylogger to get my login details and malawarebytes gave me the all clear you can never be too careful.
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    Better to have a highly complex password which you don't need to change very often.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    I restarted my computer and the problem has stopped. I did change my email and password too just in case. Thanks for the advise rosemow you are always helpful to people on the forums
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    The only time I get that message is when I have logged in on my other computer. I hope that's solved for you, and also good to see @rosemow to the rescue again. Its been a long time.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It occasionally happens (on a Win10 laptop) to my kid when she shuts down and Origin doesn't register that she did. As rosemow suggested, a full restart of the computer usually helps and I think it also tends to give an option to log out all other devices? I might be wrong about that one.