Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting MySims Legacy Challenge already failing...

Sooooooo... I started a MySims Legacy Challenge some time ago, but now I bumped in what is my biggest mistake ever.

My founder is named Liz. I recently bought the Cats & Dogs EP and wanted to try living in Brindleton Bay with her. People who had this game for a while will know Brant and Brent Hecking, but of course I didn't knew them, or their relationship. AT ALL.

So, my motto is: if you see something hot, just go for it. On my first day, there was this welcome wagon, and both Brent and Brant showed up. I always have headlineeffects off, so of course I couldn't see that way that the two of them had the same last name. I thought they were just neighbors or something. I DIDN'T KNEW THEY WERE MARRIED.

I thought Brent was cute, so following my motto, I made Liz go for it. At first Brent rejected all the flirting, but now that I think about it, Brant was in the same room. I didn't think much of it and they went on a date some time later. Brent actually accepted the flirtings now, so yeah, I thought everything was allright! They became boy- and girlfriend and they would have a happy ending. Or so I thought.

I wanted to marry them, but the only option I got was something like 'convince to divorce' or something. That's when I freaked out. How did I not see that?!

At their date I made them kiss so much that they were almost full in their pink bar so I didn't want to give up. I clicked that button. Brant and Brent divorced.

Does this make me a horrible person? If I knew all that, I wouldn't have done it, youknow, but love is strong! I can't just say: "okay we're boy- and girlfriend and I really want to marry you but you are already married so I'll keep you hanging"???

What would you have done in this situation? (I can't go back btw, I'm in the middle of a Legacy Challenge and Brent has already recovered from his wounds. He's happy with Liz now).
koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It does not make you a bad person! Luckily it is just a game, right?

Btw, something similar happened to me in TS3. It was the first time ever I played the game. I created a lovely sim. Her name was Lisbeth Devon. I wanted her to be a single mom so I had her go for a baby daddy hunt. She met Marty Keaton. Marty Keaton made my sim pregnant. My sim goes into labor. He appears to acompany her to a hospital. My sim has a baby. My sim takes her baby for a stroll. My sim meets Justine. Justine Keaton. What the?!?!?! Yep. Marty has a wife. I felt so bad and guilty. But you know, such mistakes happen IN THIS GAME. I do not approve this IRL.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    No, you're not a horrible person. I think it's safe to say most people that play the Sims have done MUCH worse than breaking up a relationship in the game.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2020
    @DoloresGrey Thanks! I know it's just a game, but it made me really sad to find oud so super late that he was actually married. Glad to find out I'm not the only one making such mistakes :P And I agree, in real life this would be not done. Maybe I compare the Sims too much with real life and that's why I'm sad about this.

@rottmeister Yeah, maybe that's also true... So Liz and Brent can live a happy live together in my Legacy game without guilty feelings towards Brant? That would be great. Brent seems to have forgotten about the divorce already (like, he's not sad anymore or thinking about it) and Liz also doesn't seem to mind that anymore :P It's soooo weird.
    If it's bothering you, you could hook up Brant with someone else?

Or secretly date both?
    😆
    If it's bothering you, you could hook up Brant with someone else?

Or secretly date both?
    😆

Hahahhahhah :D Well, maybe I'm going to just give Brant another chance in love. He deserves it!
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Darling, if you think what you did is bad, I have some news about black widow challenge...
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    Darling, if you think what you did is bad, I have some news about black widow challenge...

I don't think I can possibly start that challenge without feeling guilty :P Maybe that changes if I can constantly do that, but I'm not going to try that xD
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    That's why I have a main save and side saves. In the main save, the "real world" so to say, I'm protective of my sims and their feelings, in the side saves everything goes, because they are just What-if scenatios. Sims can be with different partners and even die there.

And, no, you aren't a horrible person at all! A horrible person wouldn't feel guilty.
    I have MCCC in my game and I just found out that Brant married someone else thanks to MCCC. :) And so they all live a happy life now :3
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited May 2020
    If it bothers you enough (it would bother me too) and if you aren't too far into the challenge, you could save your sim to your library and then drop her into a brand new save game and begin again. The Heckings would still be together.
  • ashleyssimsashleyssims Posts: 9 New Member
    I've done this as well. No harm no foul, lol!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,557 Member
    No, it doesn't make you a bad person. Up front you had no idea Liz was flirting with a married Sim. Sadly, he didn't seem to mind, either. I would say just continue down the path you're now on and see what happens.

When I first started the Pinstar Legacy Challenge, I brought my singer Sim, Erik Cantrell, into Sims 4. His backstory was perfect in my eyes ( he was a five-star celebrity a full scale Rock Star). Erik wanted a family and left the 'business' to pursue that end. Sadly, his Accountant had been skimming his bank account and Erik had barely enough to purchase some land. So, as per the rules, I set him down on the largest piece of land we had back then (2014) and went from there. I was having a blast. Mind you, this was back before we had the ability to see what age bracket a Sim was by moving the curser over them. My Sim found a Sim he really liked, (we had to select from the Townies, but unfortunately, another far more seductive type caught his eye and he went off and pursued her. Long story shortened, he ended up marrying Sim number two and I kid you not just moments after they were wed she's suddenly dressed in a red dress and I realized she was an Elder. :open_mouth: I was gobsmacked and worried since this was a legacy. She couldn't have children, and at that time, adoptees could not allowed to be heirs. I was in a real bind.

I probably could have started all over again. But, I was blogging about it and in the 'rules' we're supposed to just roll with the punch. So, I did something I normally don't do. My Founder called his now best friend, Sim number one, and asked for advice. Basically, she offered to bear his children for him. Eventually, they came up with a crazy excuse to have her move in. Her boyfriend, the baby-daddy, kicked her out and Erik didn't want her out on the streets, etc. Ya-da, ya-da. Whether the old bat of a wife saw through the ruse, who knows? But she was guilty of lying to him about her age. She owed him this. It made for some great game play, lots of drama. By the time Erik and his girlfriend were on baby number three, he made the epic mistake of giving his good news to her first, over Maddie, his lawful wife. This set Maddie off and they began a verbal fight, punctuated by her autonomously throwing her drink into his face. :open_mouth: Then she locked herself into the downstairs (and only) bathroom as his house was being built in stages. She was in there for a very long time. When his eldest son, a child, really had to use the room, Erik decided to check on his wife. She was as dead as a doornail, lying on the floor. Grimmie shows up and forgive him, Erik didn't plead for his now deceased 110 Sim days old wife. (Yeah, she was athletic.)

So you see, you may be in for the ride of your life!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2020
    Skeilah wrote: »
    I have MCCC in my game and I just found out that Brant married someone else thanks to MCCC. :) And so they all live a happy life now :3

Is MCC worth it?

It's absolutely immersion breaking for me that everyone just ages up and does nothing with their lives. It's so sad that families just disappear, no offspring or anything.

I've only had the Get to school mod before, but deleted it bc it stopped working well for me.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @rottmeister I resisted using mods for a while but then I had a relationship between parent and child get broken and I couldn't fix it unless I used MCCC. I've found MCCC pretty useful in tweaking a few settings and it is a wonderful tool for repairing relationship connections that get borked for whatever reason.
    edited May 2020
    @GalacticGal whoa, that’s some drama you got there :D now you think about this better, it actually makes the game more interesting. It’s rather sad if nothing spectacular happens.

@rottmeister I think it’s absolutely worthy. I struggled a bit in the beginning, I didn’t knew ANYTHING about it, but now that I do I really can’t imagine my game without it anymore. It gives character to my game outside of my family. I really like that!
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    The same thing happened to me!

My vampire was looking for someone to date so she could drink from them whenever. She met Brant and started flirting with him.

I didn't know they were married, either, until Brent stomped over really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off and took Brant with him.

So it didn't go any further lol

He actually looked angry and she actually looked embarrassed. I loved it. Took a screenshot:

3b7564787c8f95f276ab989be80de36a8ebb8396.png

And Brant just looks amused. What a troll.