Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Isn't Working!

So I'm having a huge problem with my get famous expansion. So, it used to be, that if my sim signed up for certain gigs and got the role, she wouldn't go to them(It was the making moosic one that wouldn't work). At the time it wasn't that big of a deal, because I just couldn't pick that gig, but she'd go to others with no issue. Now, it's a big problem, because she's not going to any of them. Like she would go to her auditions with no issue, but she wouldn't go to work.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    It's a bug with all Careers throughout the game right now, only thing you can do is Save before you start a Gig and if you don't go reload and start a new gig but the kids aren't even going to school for people, they definitely need to squeeze that in next months update.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am so frustrated with Get Famous right now! My Sim has been trying forever to win an award. His wife has completed several aspirations while he's been stuck on winning an award. Then Get Famous started glitching with gigs so he couldn't even try to win an award. Finally I got that sorted out well enough with a mod so he could complete the gig.

Tonight, for the first time ever, he was finally offered an award! But he wouldn't stop talking to his friends in the audience, so the interaction disappeared, and he still hasn't actually won that award! It appeared twice, and I couldn't get him to accept it either time! I double-checked the household inventory to make sure he didn't actually win it, and the only thing in there was a grape. :cry::cry::cry:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OnyxshadowOnyxshadow Posts: 10 New Member
    Do we have any estimate as to when this is going to be fixed? I want to continue the actor career but everytime I get a gig and then go to a different place, for the reason that gig will get stuck and will not have an option to go to the gig. It's so frustrating.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have that problem too! The only way for it to work is to (from the moment your sims passed his/her audition) not travel, save or even use build mode until they go to their gig.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I have that problem too! The only way for it to work is to (from the moment your sims passed his/her audition) not travel, save or even use build mode until they go to their gig.

Saving and going into build mode affects it too? This is my first time hearing that. I thought it was just affected by traveling.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I gave up on the acting career for the time being. I really wanted to play an actor sim but his family doesn't have much money at the moment and can't afford him to miss his gigs so he switched jobs. I hope the bug is fixed in the near future but I'll avoid the career until then
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    If you save to exit the game and then reload it yes, otherwise maybe not. As for build mode, I think it has affected it in my game, but I’ll check again.
    It’s definitely affected by travelling, even if you travel with another sim from your household. Rabbit holes are fine though.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

Saving and going into build mode affects it too? This is my first time hearing that. I thought it was just affected by traveling.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thankfully this bug should be fixed now! Slightly annoyed that they issued a hotfix within a day for the people with broken saves from the latest patch yet it took them an entire two months to put in the one line of code to fix this but whatever :#