Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I'm just gonna say it. Never in my life have I ever seen a place look that bad in real life with pollution and crazy amounts of trash. Trust me, I've lived near big cities where there were real rough spots that I welcome be put into the game, but this whole thing is super exaggerated. Which is disappointing since it's supposed to be based on a real life issue. It's almost making fun of the problem in itself. Seems this new trailer just turned me off even more. Ughhh.

I have seen such places. I used to live in Beijing for a couple of years. In January 2013 on 27 days from 31 days we couldn't open any window because of the smog which was far beyond aqi index, it was just a brown soup. The small canal was filthy with dead fishes on the surface. Still people were fishing and took a bath during the hot summer. Even when they clean up the streets everyday in the quarter where I lived, it had a reason why they did it everyday. Believe me, such places exist, maybe not near to you, but they do exist. :smile:
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    This was in the blog post:
    LSims arriving in Evergreen Harbor have their choice of three different neighborhoods. The community of Grims Quarry is best off, environmentally speaking, though grimy and cluttered with waste.

So are some neighbourhoods worse off than others?
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Did anyone think that this part of the blog means that as you clean up Evergreen Harbour, other worlds also get clean at the same time? It's like you check in on other worlds to see their progress as you do your bit in the Eco world? Am I reading that wrongly...

"Sims also reap the rewards of living either the green or industrial lifestyle even beyond Evergreen Harbor. Check your impact in almost any neighborhood or world of your choosing"
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    [quote="GwennogJones;c-17506949"]Did anyone think that this part of the blog means that as you clean up Evergreen Harbour, other worlds also get clean at the same time? It's like you check in on other worlds to see their progress as you do your bit in the Eco world? Am I reading that wrongly...

[b]
    "Sims also reap the rewards of living either the green or industrial lifestyle even beyond Evergreen Harbor. Check your impact in almost any neighborhood or world of your choosing"[/b][/quote]

No, think it just means that if you live in san myshino for example, the choices you make there affects san myshino, like have it trashy, then go to evergreen harbour and have it cleaned up and green cause of the choices you’ve made there :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This was in the blog post:
    LSims arriving in Evergreen Harbor have their choice of three different neighborhoods. The community of Grims Quarry is best off, environmentally speaking, though grimy and cluttered with waste.

So are some neighbourhoods worse off than others?

I hope tomorrow at the lifestream we can know this better. I hope it's not too focused in cas and bb and more in the gameplay and pollution effects.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I want to create really poor sims for this pack, making their own furniture, sleeping on mattresses, living off the grid etc
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am really glad to read that the stream is tomorrow. I do want to be excited for this pack, but I think I have a problem that others probably share - I was not waiting for/anticipating this theme so I need to see some gameplay to hopefully get there. TS4 has been visually impressive for a long time, what I need more of are engaging game mechanics (amongst other things).
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I really do hope they limit the Cas bb time. They always spend so long on going through all items. It would be easier, if they just posted a pic with all and leave the stream to gameplay
    I really do hope they limit the Cas bb time. They always spend so long on going through all items. It would be easier, if they just posted a pic with all and leave the stream to gameplay

For me personally I have mixed feelings about that, because CAS is really important to me, but I agree with it for the live stream tomorrow. I have seen the most concerns around replayability, impact of pullotion on other worlds - which they could not show in the trailer btw, as too many would have been confused and would have thought that the pack was shipping with more than one world - and gameplay in general. So CAS should be dealt with fairly quickly and regarding BB the focus should be on craftable items and the necessary machines/devices.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I'm just gonna say it. Never in my life have I ever seen a place look that bad in real life with pollution and crazy amounts of trash. Trust me, I've lived near big cities where there were real rough spots that I welcome be put into the game, but this whole thing is super exaggerated. Which is disappointing since it's supposed to be based on a real life issue. It's almost making fun of the problem in itself. Seems this new trailer just turned me off even more. Ughhh.

Major US cities in the United States looked like this in the 70s before the passing of the Clean Air Act and creation of the Environment Protection Agency.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-america-before-epa-documerica-2017-10?amp
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

Major US cities in the United States looked like this in the 70s before the passing of the Clean Air Act and creation of the Environment Protection Agency.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-america-before-epa-documerica-2017-10?amp

We had such problems in the UK until we also got our clean air acts. Parts of London were a mess with bomb damage which hadn't been cleared up yet. We had terrible smogs. Once my dad took us kids to meet my aunt walking to our house during a fog/smog and we completely missed her as she was walking on the other side of the road!

We were also allowed to leave early in my Council job in the 60's if the smog was too bad. It was very scary trying to find one's home way in the fog.

I understand that some cities now are putting up moss walls as decorations as moss can help get rid of some pollution. I hope this pack could have something like that in it. eg, Green City Solutions: “The solution to quantifiably improve city air.” Their invention the CityTree acts as both an air purifier and a spectacular plant display. Rooted in science, the vertical flat-paneled “trees” dotted around cities across Europe eat air pollution and double up as seats for pedestrians.'
    https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/story/air-pollution-eating-moss-cleans-hotspots-europe
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

I still have a very clear memory in the late 80's. I'm at my great aunt's with my cousin and his girlfriend, both of whom live in rural Minnesota but are in town for the annual summer visit with his family. We're outside at about ... 10 at night, in "Urban Suburbia" (not actually in the city, but with housing close together) on what, ostensibly, is a clear night.

My cousin: "Um, Why is the sky orange?"
    Me, shrugging "Pollution."

I also remember driving up from San Diego to Yellowstone the winter before I got married (early 90's) and passing through LA. We stopped on a hill overlooking the city a bit before we got there and I could see this ... bowl of brown air ahead of us. It didn't look as bad when we were in it, but the windows were closed and we had the air circulating within the car.

I've also gone past some abandoned lots that could give some of those junky areas in the trailer a run for their money. About the only thing that feels exaggerated is the junk on the streets.
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    Something like this would have been cool for The Sims 3,although I like the small house ideas.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    nothing new from the trailer,

how is this not a gamepack.

more like a world pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I can't wait to explore this EP but the trailers they are releasing are awful in my opinion. I really don't get the team behind them :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Honestly, need to do a follow up video to show that you don't have to change the world and can leave it a gritty, grimy place. We already have pristine towns to live in so having the option of not cleaning up the town is great.

I think you can though because the sims look pretty pleased about their dirty lifestyle until miss eco cleaner shows up, soooo ... I'm cautiously optimistic that if we want the grime, we can keep it.

ETA: kinda making me wonder how long exactly it will take to get San Myshuno all smogged up.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I can't wait to explore this EP but the trailers they are releasing are awful in my opinion. I really don't get the team behind them :/

I feel the same. I liked the ones we used to get that focused on new gameplay elements not these story based ones with a voiceover. I’m excited about the pack for sure but it’s because of the blogs and info from Twitter. They need a new marketing team these trailers aren’t showing off what they need to be.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I'm excited for the pack but the trailers... they are not good. I feel like since the rebranding their marketing is getting worse and worse... Remember when we got 4 gameplay trailers for Get to Work, Get Together and City Living? Yeah... good times.
    he/him
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    I'm excited for the pack but the trailers... they are not good. I feel like since the rebranding their marketing is getting worse and worse... Remember when we got 4 gameplay trailers for Get to Work, Get Together and City Living? Yeah... good times.

I remember the City Living trailer, I really liked that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik
    The last trailer that I really loved - and even turned up the volume after the first viewing - was sadly the one for Vampires. And they're not even my favourite occult Sims. Trailers used to be a lot catchier, I agree.

we all try ...
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Okay, now that I see the bugs have uses other than eating them, I might be on board. My concern is that if I buy the bug house to use for fuel, I'm going to have sims autonomously eating bugs, which, no. Given the way autonomy has worked in TS4, you just know that's going to happen.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    > @Amapola76 said:
    > Okay, now that I see the bugs have uses other than eating them, I might be on board. My concern is that if I buy the bug house to use for fuel, I'm going to have sims autonomously eating bugs, which, no. Given the way autonomy has worked in TS4, you just know that's going to happen.

I'm assuming not all bugs will be eatable? I really don't know how it'll work.'The new Insect Farm introduces a plethora of bugs' so i'm thinking you'll have to buy the farm itself from the catalog and then in live mode click on it and select the bug you want,depending on the purpose(fuel,food).
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    idkidk wrote: »
    > @Amapola76 said:
    > Okay, now that I see the bugs have uses other than eating them, I might be on board. My concern is that if I buy the bug house to use for fuel, I'm going to have sims autonomously eating bugs, which, no. Given the way autonomy has worked in TS4, you just know that's going to happen.

I'm assuming not all bugs will be eatable? I really don't know how it'll work.'The new Insect Farm introduces a plethora of bugs' so i'm thinking you'll have to buy the farm itself from the catalog and then in live mode click on it and select the bug you want,depending on the purpose(fuel,food).

Oh, that would be good! Might alleviate the autonomy problem to a certain extent. Although, I'm guessing that the crickets will be edible, since that's probably the main bug that people eat IRL, and I did think it sounded cute when they talked about kids playing with the crickets.

I guess I will just wait and see whether I will use it... unlike the vertical wall of meat, which is NOT going to exist in my save.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    If I had Sims 4 and got this pack, it would be the first time ever that I wished they'd pixelated plates with food.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

I remember the City Living trailer, I really liked that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik

THIS is what I am talking about, STOP with the voice acting and just show the sims and que cards/title screens explaining what we can do.