Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I crazy or did this feature get removed?

So remember when Sims used to run out of the house when there was a fire and the action was called "route to safety"?
Well does this still happen in your game? 'Cause my sims don't do that anymore.

Did this get removed? If yes, can anyone provide background information on that?
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I saw it a couple days ago.
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    It happened in my game just the other day.

A spellcaster Sim started a fire, and her human roommate chose to try and find a route to safety vs helping putting the fire out. Don't know that I blame her any.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can with certainty confirm that sims will attempt to leave the house in case of fire and this has happened recently too. Another thing is that some sims will not flee and brave the fire instead in an attempt to put it out. I'm not sure what triggers it, exactly, but my main sim has a SimRay and I've never seen him flee the burning house.
    Post edited by ArcherDK on
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sometimes they run outside.
    Sometimes they stand still and do nothing.
    Sometimes they don't react and keep doing whatever it was they were doing.
    Sometimes they autonomously attempt to put out the fire.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Um...my Sims never move out of the house and I never see that option they always want to stand like right by the fire or have to put it out. Still surprised Sims die from everything else, but I haven't had one die from getting caught on fire from putting a fire out yet.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I find that pets run to safety more than Sims. My Sims tend to stand and panic. I haven't had one die in a fire in a while, though. I have to click extinguish self most of the time.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    Used to happen, but last time I had a fire in a household, the Sim attempted to extinguish it (despite being commanded not to and leave) and died. This was a new Sim, and the fire started first time they tried to cook.

Firefighter NPCs do need to see a return.