Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate winter in TS4.. why so many died?

2...Next

Comments

• GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2020
    In Willow Creek I build a lake for my sims where they can chill in the summer.
    But I visited it during winter time with my child sim and her friends, just because it's a beautiful place and they needed some space for a snowball fight.

I was sure the unplayed sims won't go swim in the lake, cause it's winter.... well.... a few died because of that.
    I don't understand why they would do that. That's so dumb!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I thought they patched the exercising thing so joggers don't freeze anymore.
    Anyway I never have it happen either one or two of my played sims have gotten close. I'm guessing it's the way I play. Smaller households that I take control of and check on regularly.. I've never had an NPC die either, unless I set them up for it or give them a push >:)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I thought they patched the exercising thing so joggers don't freeze anymore.
    Anyway I never have it happen either one or two of my played sims have gotten close. I'm guessing it's the way I play. Smaller households that I take control of and check on regularly.. I've never had an NPC die either, unless I set them up for it or give them a push >:)

I play with one family. And sims from other families run around. When I see them, I change their clothes. Turn into winter clothes (THANKS MCCC) but! I do not see at all. And somebody, sim is not in my neighborhood! And still die..
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I once had a blizzard claim so many lives when Seasons released, one jogger froze to death, and all the sims in the neighborhood proceeded to walk towards that sim so that they could stand in the blizzard and mourn him. This in turn lead to that those sims froze to death, which caused more sims to stand and mourn them which in turn...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    That's crazy. I haven't had one sim die of weather.

Wow, lucky haha! I had 7-8 die in one day and tons of others, it happens like crazy in my games

Oh, wait, I'm a liar. One Sim went swimming in a pool in the middle of a blizzard. He wasn't part of the family so I got stuck with some random dude's tombstone. It's been in the family inventory for about.. 3 generations now.

This is why I don't want open swimming in all worlds.

You know you can destroy the tomb right?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Oh wow. That's never happened in my game. My Sims just change clothes or leave the lot or run inside if they get too cold. My townies are always in weather-appropriate, unmatching, terribly ugly clothing. Have you tried to run the repair tool or reinstall the Seasons pack? It doesn't seem to be working right :( I would add the 500 satisfaction point weather buff, they will still feel the effects and get cold in a blizzard and shiver etc., but they won't die.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh wow. That's never happened in my game. My Sims just change clothes or leave the lot or run inside if they get too cold. My townies are always in weather-appropriate, unmatching, terribly ugly clothing. Have you tried to run the repair tool or reinstall the Seasons pack? It doesn't seem to be working right :( I would add the 500 satisfaction point weather buff, they will still feel the effects and get cold in a blizzard and shiver etc., but they won't die.

I repair my game, unistall mods.. But it is still..
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You can alter the severity of the weather. I opted for temperature effects but not really bad weather...though joggers in winter beware!
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited May 2020
    I use those 2 mods by bienchen83, one to make sims change into appropriate wear, another to make athletic clothes act like winter wear in winter, and a 3rd that stops them sitting on the pool edge in winter (not sure who made that). This stops most of the deaths, but really mods shouldn't be needed and of course, consoles dont support them.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Hm. I generally let my sims head indoors when there are blizzards, so I’ve never actually witnessed either one of my sims or NPCs dropping over. I do remember seeing it in a YouTuber’s “Let’s Play” once. I didn’t realize it was such an issue.
    grassharp wrote: »
    Hm. I generally let my sims head indoors when there are blizzards, so I’ve never actually witnessed either one of my sims or NPCs dropping over. I do remember seeing it in a YouTuber’s “Let’s Play” once. I didn’t realize it was such an issue.

How get sims idoor when they are not members actual family?
    I change their clothes (trought MCCC) but was late for some...

https://i.ibb.co/X2vZR0L/18-5-2020-11-34-57.png
    https://i.ibb.co/ySW14g1/18-5-2020-10-41-47.png
    https://i.ibb.co/R4093NH/17-5-2020-21-10-58.png
    https://i.ibb.co/D8MBZY9/17-5-2020-21-09-25.png
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I've onky had sims die when I intentionally left them out in a blizzard. I didn't realize this was an easy death.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wow, I just reinstalled Seasons (and a few others) just the other day. My Sim is in the OTG lot and swam around to clean up the waters and became very cold. I sent her home and had her change to everyday outfit and she was fine then. It was the start of Spring.

I thought IL was not affected by the cold though. She would have froze to death if I didn't change her clothes when she got home. Never had that happen before when playing in IL (hadn't played it in a while though).
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow, I just reinstalled Seasons (and a few others) just the other day. My Sim is in the OTG lot and swam around to clean up the waters and became very cold. I sent her home and had her change to everyday outfit and she was fine then. It was the start of Spring.

I thought IL was not affected by the cold though. She would have froze to death if I didn't change her clothes when she got home. Never had that happen before when playing in IL (hadn't played it in a while though).

They can swim into a cold pocket sometimes. It's kind of random.. that might have been what happened. The moodlet will tell you.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

They can swim into a cold pocket sometimes. It's kind of random.. that might have been what happened. The moodlet will tell you.

Thank you. I didn't know they had cold pockets :D The mood thing was orange with a white sad looking face with snowflakes all around it. It just said they were freezing and (I think) to change their clothes or get them inside.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I had a family in Brindleton Bay with a pool. I also had a maid service. I had a line of six gravestones from maids that would "take a break" in the pool in the middle of winter before I started putting a fence around the pool for winter each year.

I think that was within one generation (long life)

I had 4 sims die in my new save within two days this last winter. This family is living in Newcrest and doesn't have a pool.

And somehow, the mother of one of my sims (non-played) also died this last winter, even though she wasn't on the lot (she was only adult, so it wasn't old age.)

Winter is hard on Sims.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I use those 2 mods by bienchen83, one to make sims change into appropriate wear, another to make athletic clothes act like winter wear in winter, and a 3rd that stops them sitting on the pool edge in winter (not sure who made that). This stops most of the deaths, but really mods shouldn't be needed and of course, consoles dont support them.

nocoldsitonpooledge is also one of my mods. I totally forgot about that, of course I got that installed to.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/ (AM-35)

It wasn't my intention to fully disable the chance of dying from weather but there are also mods that disabled weather deaths completely for those woh cannot bear to have weather deaths happen at all:
    http://modthesims.info/d/614115/no-temperature-deaths.html
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175923912423/mod-updates

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I had a sim freeze to death once, not that I cared about her at all. But other than that I don't have that situation because they always wear the right clothes in the house. I don't turn on the heater because bills are expensive, so they wear winter clothes inside the house and pretty much stay inside when there is a snow storm.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I never have sims die of cold anymore. I do remember a while back that sims would die outside of gyms but that seems to have been fixed at some point.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I've never had a sim die from weather, I hope it stays that way.
    You could put up a fence with no gate around the pool in winter and remove it for the rest of the year.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I've never had any sims die from weather. And even if it would happen it wouldn't be a big deal, since I save often and reload if anything bad would happen.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I’ve never had one of my played sims die of weather but plenty of NPCs have bitten it during a heat wave or severe cold snap. It’s one of my favorite aspects of the pack to be honest. >:)
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I've never had a sim die from freezing and I play the 100 baby challenge quite often.