Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disappeared when going home from China?

I had two sims on vacation in China together. I wanted to take a break from tombs and ran out of other things for them to do there, so I decided to have them go back home. They did, except when the loading screen cleared, I was still in China, just with no active family. I created a separate save, exited fully out of the game, and later (after looking online to try to find fixes) tried to load said save (which registered as no active family). It loaded up as though I were in a new neighborhood for the first time. Deciding to try the suggested fix I saw online, I chose a random family, went to the phone of one of them, and selected "return home" and selected both sims. Doing so was prevented by one of the nraas mods (I think ErrorTrap?) saying "script error," which... is appropriate considering that the locals aren't supposed to be going "home" to Sunset Valley. The game proceeded to kind of freeze with the screen mostly white, but the UI still worked fine. When I did another "save as," it actually unfroze, and acted like I'd never tried to send them home. I tried sending just the guy home (the local sims I picked was a family of a husband and wife) and it got another script error and the action just disappeared and nothing happened.

I save rotationally, so in a worst case scenario that I have to lose the progress between my previous save and this one, that's not the end of the world, just a little frustrating. Unfortunately I don't have any saves from when they were in China, so I can't really reload and "try X then see if they can go home"... so I assume the "no sim" save and the "local sims as active family" save are just toast as far as getting back to my actual family. But I want to understand why the glitch happened so I know if it's safe to send my sims on vacation again or not and ideally so I can avoid it in the future with other families!

My mods haven't changed at all since the last vacation they went on. If it helps with troubleshooting, here are my nraas mods: ErrorTrap, GoHere, MasterController & MasterControllerCheats, Overwatch, StoryProgression & StoryProgressionRelationship (but SP is currently off for both nraas and EA), Traffic, and Woohooer. I'm pretty sure all of those are on their default settings except Woohooer, where I think I tweaked the order it uses for married last names for same-sex sims.

I've looked through my ScriptError files (nraas mods are such a life-saver tbh; I can't imagine ever playing TS3 without them again). I'm not sure if it's ok to paste the whole thing here since it's a bit long, so I'll do my best to summarize.

In looking at the script errors directly before this error happened, it's registering out of world objects found. Specifically "Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Metal" and nectar bottles. I'm not sure why nectar bottles would be an issue, but I'll definitely own that I should clean out my sims' inventories more often. I'm not sure how an out of world metal spawner ended up there though, as I definitely didn't do that. The file goes on to say that it destroyed these out of world objects though, so I'm not sure why they would remain an issue anyway?

Before that, it was mostly a lot of... it looks like it was having trouble finding sims to fill roles? I'm not sure what roles specifically, but the error is with "Proxy: Sims3.Gameplay.Roles.RoleManagerTask" and says "A null value was found where an object instance was required." I did notice a delay sometimes in sims filling into the marketplace and stuff as vendors, but since they did show up after a bit, I figured the mods were assigning sims and it was nothing to worry about.

But, this trip to China I started to notice a new error, and I wonder if it might have something to do with it. It's from Overwatch and titled "CleanupRelationships." Then it's a lot of more technical things that I really don't understand. Out of sync, VerifyState, MoveNext, OnDelayedWorldLoadFinished? I didn't mess with their relationships or anything, though they naturally made some new acquaintances and increased relationships, but that's normal so I'm not sure why that would create an issue.

Other information that could be relevant: I play on a Windows 10 x64. I have all the EPs and stuff packs. This is my first generation in this town, and the two don't have any family right now unless you count a unicorn and dogs (none of whom were on the vacation with them of course). Their home town is Sunset Valley. I normally have next to no issues with lag or anything and the game takes less than 5 minutes to load, so I don't think it's a specs issue. I do use "reset everything" once in a while. Yvette (who arranged the vacation) has visa level 3 with all 3 countries, the LTR that increases the duration of stay, and the certificate of partnership with all 3 countries. Uhh despite knowing some of the info that's often requested in troubleshooting (this is not my first rodeo with TS3 lol), I'm really not tech savvy by the way.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    The NRaas mod that fixes Role Sims and their assignments by managing them better is Register.

You have experienced a broken travel transition on the trip back home. The NRaas mod that provides a reprogrammed travel transition that is far less prone to breakage than the standard one is Traveler. You do not appear to have these two mods in play.

And, the site to bring NRaas mod issues to is I'm afraid not really this one. :)

I can offer general advice but am not really prepared to interpret ErrorTrap and other script logs fully without our developer standing by in case things become more complicated than what I can help with and he does not have a presence on this forum. But I will say that the out of world object found and other correction logs are not pointing to a real problem, that is ErrorTrap and sometimes Overwatch cleaning up pieces of data that are showing up in the wrong world and fixing broken relationship bonds that can otherwise lead to data corruption. They are supposed to do that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    @igazor Thank you! :) I knew it was TS3 broken not nraas so that's why I brought it here, but that makes sense. I'll install Register and Traveler and try bringing them to China again and doing the same things, and if the problem happens again, I will bring it to the nraas boards.