Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would accents of sims be impossible to implement

MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
I think it would be nice to have different accents in the game. Even if they were made up i.e there was a Disney character from the spin off show thats so raven. The show was called corey in the house and he had a friend with a different made up accent.
What do you think?

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'd say yes, difficult for a certain sound of a sim to sound like an accent because its gibberish
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I wonder if Maxis would think it worth while? From feedback via the game they might find a lot of Simmers actually turn the sound off or voices down when playing the game. I do a lot as I like to watch TV whilst building! :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wait, you mean simish doesn't have an accent. Lol
  • esquoiresquoir Posts: 28 Member
    i think it is possible, remember sims 3 with its vacation worlds?
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Given that Sims can "talk like a pirate" in Simlish, I think other accents would be something do-able, but it would also likely require significant voiceover work. I seem to recall that in Sims Medieval, the sims spoke "Old Simlish", so there's some precedent for different forms/sounds of the language.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I might never notice since all of it sound like the same gibberish to me XD but sure why not! it could be fun to observe and try to distinguish between them.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Minai, Not impossible, but it would require a lot of resources. The voice actors need to repeat the script in a couple of different ‘accents’, or entirely new actors have to be hired for voice recordings. Indeed, the pirate accent has been done, but when imitating accents based on different countries across the world, where do you start and where do you stop?

The finance spent on these resources would be substantial and could instead be used to implement other features that are more sought after by the community.