Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite feature, even tiny one, in the franchise? (Not just the "main" games!)

2...Next

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Oldeseadogge Yikes! I hate CAS and try to get in and out ASAP! It’s not that it’s bad quality; I just find dressing sims to be excruciatingly boring! (Can you tell that I never liked Barbies as a kid?)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I never had them, those little olive-green army men instead. Rather says something about the game when getting your sims ready to play is often more fun than the game itself. At least in CAS I can make sims that look like interesting characters (Roman soldiers, pirates, D&D style adventurers, etc. even if they can't be played that way. Could come close in 1 & 2, but not in 4.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited May 2020
    Let's see there is quite a few things

Sims 1
    • Mrs. Crumplebottom
    • The winter vacation zone
    • The Sushi Bar
    • Candy Shop
    • Ice Cream Store
    • The Mechanical Bull
    • Zydeco music

Sims 2
    • The Vacation Menu where you picked your hotel or rental. How long you were going to stay, who was going and how much you wanted to spend
    • Memories
    • Interests
    • The Hotel Desk, Concierge and maid service
    • All the small details
    • Buying clothing, Jewelry the retail experience in general
    • Buying Magazines
    • Grocery stores you can shop in
    • Marco Polo in the pool
    • Whistling
    • Sewing
    • The Potter's wheel
    • Garage Door's that raise and lower
    • Tai Chi
    • Wolves as wild animals as well as Skunks and Raccoons and they all behave as the animal they are not cat or dog clones
    • Witch Alignments
    • Working Grandfather Clocks
    • If plumbing breaks on second floor there will be dripping on the 1st floor
    • Baby feeding in arms and burping
    • Holding the baby and handing them to others
    • Married and Engaged Sims wearing rings
    • Microwaved food spins
    • Kids can jump on the bed and everyone can jump on couches
    • Up the arm kiss
    • Goosing
    • Parents accompanied College going Sims to the School to see them off
    • Family Kiss
    • Food en flambé
    • Trimming bushes, pulling weeds in the lawn, water house plants
    • Limousine Honeymoons
    • Introducing one Sim to another
    • Car Alarms
    • Burglars & Burglar Alarms
    • Working Radiators
    • Romantic version of star gazing and cloud watching
    • Adult & Teen Sims can take people to school without tediousness
    • Teaching Cats to use the toilette
    • Pet Jobs
    • Gradual improvement in exercises not just good at it immediately
    • Tuning Pianos
    • Upright pianos
    • Preparing cereal not just pulling it out of the fridge.
    • The juicer
    • Date Meter
    • Pest Control
    • Cars stopping for people in the road and seeing the driver honk
    • Teaching a Teen to drive
    • Needing to grow plants, fish and shop at the grocery store
    • Seeing actual Simoleons given to shop keepers
    • NPCs that were characters to add flavor to zones
    • Mahjong
    • Tea Ceremony
    • Reggae, Big Band, Surf
    • Simlish versions of all the traditional Holiday songs

Sims 3
    • Open World
    • Create a Style
    • The Color Wheel
    • The amazing travel locations but not the hostels
    • The Adventure aspect of World Adventures
    • Creating creatures in CAS
    • Editing the world
    • Fairies & Werewolves
    • Houseboats
    • Unicorns & Horses
    • Cars, Motorcycles
    • Beautiful neighborhoods
    • Turn Offs & Ons
    • Fears
    • Holiday Festivals and the Festival grounds
    • Magicians
    • Doorbells and changing their sounds
    • Underwater game play
    • Open swimming and fishing
    • Moon Phases
    • Spiral stairs
    • Subways
    • Nectar making
    • The Horse jumps and Equestrian Center
    • Barn build pieces, Chicken Coop, Tractor
    • Fire Fighter, Fire Truck, Firehouse
    • The Teppanyaki Grill
    • The Sims 3 Deaths and Ghost animations and various colors
    • Bonehilda
    • Growing Herbs & Spices
    • The Bakery
    • Martial Arts
    • The Chinese, French and Egyptian stations
    • Fog
    • Hail

Sims 4
    • How Vampires developed their different powers
    • How Witches develop their powers
    • Holidays & Special Events
    • Improving plumbing, appliances and electronics
    • Adjusting the mattresses
    • The choice of colleges to attend
    • Research & Debate
    • Separating Baking from Cooking
    • Mixology
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    S1: The novelty (I am sure there is a ton more but I lost my entire memory (physical) ten years ago and this obviously vanished to make way for donut recipies or someting)
    S2: The humour, the memory system, the fact the sims whistled and walked, sat on the floor, had actual family interactions with the kids and games like Marco Polo, kicky bag, peek a boo and the babies. (There I said it) The Social Bunny, he was just the best! Father Time showing up on a New Years Eve Party. Getting higher and higher the more bubbles you blew on the bubble machine. I loved the sense of the ridiculous in that game. The jumping on the sofa, all of the activities and hobbies it had like sewing, mechanics, ballet...The Therapist, why did they drop the therapist? The witch world. The fact the sims opened cupboards and got their spoons and things out of them before cooking.
    S3: Generations in a nutshell, but I liked being able to own womrats (missing in S4) I liked all of the occults, the imaginary friend, the dressing up box, the pet dragons, the treasure hunts for kids, the amount of different stuff that the kids could do. I loved the trait system, the claw machines the magic gnomes. The supernaturals and the jelly bean bush. Ghostbusting!
    S4: Genetics, multi tasking, graphics (have you seen the way the rain falls in the little bird bath? Mesmerizing, so much so my sim set fire to the house while I was watching that) I like all of the little details like the hooks on the back of the pictures or the rope down the back of the roller blinds. The Vampires are beyond belief, the witches....kind of wish their spells were more on the silly side rather than the practical but I do like the way it's been done. Mermaids, yes, give me all the mermaids and the aliens, the science career. I like the little interactions that the sims do without being told. Toddlers are everything and I hated toddlers in the past problem is they make me really want free babies now. Oooo yes, the plants, all the plants, the build mode is fantastic and the freedom we have with all of the cheats.

In short, I like them all for different reasons I'd like Sims 4 with some more occults in like werewolves, unicorns, centaurs, fauns, fairies and everything else that nobody else seems to care about because I like to play families. Families of werewolves, vampires, mermaids...you get the picture.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    What hooked me with The Sims was how hard it was to just earn money to build a house to start a family to just keep them happy. It was actually hard to get the skills and to get that Sim to fall for my Sim or even be friends.

TS2/3/4 - friends and love in half a Sim day. Money to be had right on the ground. I guess if I was a storyteller TS4 would be my jam but I'm not and it's not.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I actually liked TS3 Stylist option that you could go to other people's houses and make them over as an assignment. That was my ultimate use of all the CAS items <3

In the beginning of TS3 I was so bummed that I could'nt play more families at the same time like in TS2, but now I like playing with one family at a time( just not too long..always having too much ideas)
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    The scenery and graphics of the Sims 4 is my favourite feature across all iterations. It's so aesthetically pleasing. Everywhere I turn my camera there is something beautiful to look at. And with ultra settings you get leaves blowing in the wind, sparkly snow, magnificent sunsets, beautiful lighting .. I could go on and on :heart:

Next to that - open worlds in The Sims 3. I just miss it so much.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Using the hand tool in The Sims 4...in live mode. I love being able to open the fridge, chunk trash, and shuffle my sim's inventory. :D
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I actually really love the music in Build and Buy mode in TS1. They're very soothing for me.

The author/writing option makes me happy as well, considering I am one myself. :)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think it's awesome how we now have much more lgbtq+ representation with townies c:
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The overall gameplay of Sims 2. It would take way too long to list everything about this game that I love.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The interests tab in Sims 1 and 2, I love reading those and seeing what topics my sim is interested in talking about.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I really like the in depth build mode and the amazing architectural features and the scale of the people to the building making it very realistic. I also like the way the sim community and creators listen to each other.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    This is really, really hard, but considering all four games and how they have evolved or devolved I would have to say the best thing they ever did for the games was to allow the player to leave a home lot with just one Sim from the household. This was never possible in TS1.

In TS2 this was a big feature but if your Sim had kids you had to hire a nanny. However kids still couldn't leave the lot and go out somewhere (even to a park) on their own with you/the player.

This was expanded even more in TS3 to allow kids to leave a home lot but there was a curfew.

And in TS4 this is expanded even more to allow even little toddlers to leave a home lot (that was a lot of fun >:) ).

I think that has to be the greatest feature of all the games in my humble opinion. Because no longer were players hampered by having to take the whole darn family if you just wanted some space with just one Sim at time, sometimes. I think people don't actually remember you had to call Sims home to leave a lot with all of them and or just not go off a home lot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Cinebar This feature allows my romance sims to meet new partners without their families knowing. >:)
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Open worlds from ts3
    multitasking from ts4
    magical creatures
    adventures from ts3
    active jobs
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Hard to pick just one. My all time favourite might be the pet dragons in sims 1.

Sims 1: pet dragons and different taxis for each destination, especially the balloon to travel to the magic land and the streetcar for old town
    Sims 2: memory system, wants and fears and buying clothes instead of a limitless free closet
    Sims3: all the futuristic furniture from into the future
    Sims 4 : the space rocket and Astronaut career in the base game
    Sims medieval : all the themed BB and CAS.
  • cauatocauato Posts: 9 New Member
    The colour wheel in Sims 3
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2020
    I really, really love the way babies act in Sims Freeplay. When I moved over to playing Sims 4, it was sooo disappointing at the needy furniture they had become. I don't even tend to play families that much!
    I also really love, as a tiny detail, that sims in Discover University gain charisma skill when they're giving a presentation. When I first saw that it made me smile. It's the smallest thing, but I just love it.
    banner.png