Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Should Ken Marry?

Those of you following along on my Vintage Newcrest save over on the Stories and Legacies Board on this forum will be familiar with Ken. If not, you don't need to be.

I’m currently planning Year 2 of that storyline. One of these women Ken will date briefly, and the other he’ll marry. I can’t decide who I want him to end up with, though. I like them both for different reasons. Please vote for which one you like better for Ken and tell me why in the comments.

e33d300a72ced266836528da5569a498153a4d50.png
Kenzou Yoshida
Traits: Goofball, Outgoing, Absentminded
Job: Bartender
Aspiration: Painter
Personality Quirk: Tells Dumb Jokes

[To see Ken in action and hear one of his dumb jokes, go to this post on Tumblr.]

8e8b0d9efe3ee62d324a74cb51288d95e8ec5892.png
Jane Lo
Traits: Hotheaded, Hates Dogs, Romantic
Job: Hair Stylist
Aspiration: Successful Lineage
Personality Quirk: Brutally Honest

cdc31c008b977bfd4ce68bd300b3dda1691d3da3.png
Jinny Sung
Traits: Calm, Cat Lover, Good Sense of Humor
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Job: Waitress
Personality Quirk: Obsessed with flowers, jewelry shaped like flowers, pictures of flowers, and anything to do with flowers.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Who Should Ken Marry? 73 votes

Ken should marry Jane Lo.
23%
CheesySimsLoverTheSpotted_CJprp83Chanty25AquariusMomBabykittyjadeFLaurietexxx78AngelEb95Armika74TaraIris94joRN1414MondayBobisbaeAmandèlemeljonesKrueger 17 votes
Ken should marry Jinny Sung.
76%
MylitaBloosmooStrangerthanNRowewylmite1986Simmindipityfallenangel66CheekybitsChampandGirlieGirklfoxybilly15aewarorangehippogriffladybugjosie23SelinaKylesannaliese39Toddly13ParmaViolet87DoloresGreymeeoun 56 votes

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Jinny likes animals (Cat lover opposed to Jane’s hates dogs) and is literately calmer by traits. Jane might be fun to go out with at first, but Ken has a better chance long term with Jinny I think..
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love dogs, so it has to be Jinny for me. She's really cute and will laugh at Ken's dumb jokes.
  • ShaghayeghyzShaghayeghyz Posts: 23 Member
    Jinny has a good Sense of humor so she can be a better person to joke with and she is cute
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Jinny will probably be more forgiving of some of Ken's worse jokes, where I should imagine Jane will cringe and regret her choices as time goes on. Besides how could anyone hate dogs, that says it all!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ken should marry Jinny, but i think marrying Jane will be funnier 😂
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Jinny will probably be more forgiving of some of Ken's worse jokes, where I should imagine Jane will cringe and regret her choices as time goes on.

LOL. Yeah, I can imagine that would get on your nerves if you don't appreciate bad jokes.

telmarina wrote: »
    Ken should marry Jinny, but i think marrying Jane will be funnier 😂

Haha, which is exactly why I was considering Jane! Would make for a little more conflict and interesting storylines.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited May 2020
    Who he SHOULD marry is Jinny, but I can see the storyline potential in Jane and I think it could be really fun to see them in action. Poor Ken won't know what hit him when Jane is brutally honest and tell him his jokes just. aren't. funny. Or she just might be charmed by his dumb jokes. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Jinny is so cute and I relate so much on the being obsessed with flowers lol
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Jinny sounds like a better long-term relationship for Ken.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I think Jane is prettier, but I like Jinny's personality better. I can just imagine her playing practical jokes on Ken and having a blast. Jinny, please!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Why marry either? Ken can have 2 live-in girlfriends.
  • faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    Jinny and Ken would be so cute together!
    Origin ID: faerieduste
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Why marry either? Ken can have 2 live-in girlfriends.

LOL. Hmmm...another story option.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Jinny is def the obvious choice for a happier relationship, so that's what I would pick, but hey if you want the drama Jane could be fun.

I also just want to say Ken is a super cute sim, he just looks like a nice guy. I have a sim crush on him lol!
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    To have a happy marriage, I think Jinny is the better choice, though I see the story potential in a Ken & Jane marriage. Either way it would be fun to play their lives.
    No friends requests, please.
    Ken is cute - love a guy who tells me dumb jokes and can mix a mean mocktail (I don't drink alcohol). :lol: That's almost the dream right there!
    I also just want to say Ken is a super cute sim, he just looks like a nice guy. I have a sim crush on him lol!

Aww that's nice. I'm glad you guys like Ken. And yes, @orangehippogriff, he's a nice guy--very sweet and somewhat naive.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Can't vote, there's no option to pick Barbie!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I think Jinny would fit his personality better. Unless you want conflict all the time. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited May 2020
    fairly obvious who he should marry, and since ken can paint, he can paint a heart shaped picture made of flowers and her face in the center. that will steal her heart.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Jinny sounds like a better person. I wouldn't trust someone who hates any animal (except for bugs and spiders).
  • BachPatuBachPatu Posts: 21 Member
    How about a writre in vote for BARBIE ?? :lol:
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Jinny will probably be more forgiving of some of Ken's worse jokes, where I should imagine Jane will cringe and regret her choices as time goes on. Besides how could anyone hate dogs, that says it all!

I'm allergic to dogs and I find a lot of people have poorly trained dogs too, especially the smaller breeds. Those two things lead me hate most dogs (thanks lazy owners). I'm fine with polite dogs for 5 minutes tops.

@QueenofMyshuno I voted for Jinny. Good sense of humor is needed for a guy who tells dumb jokes. Hot-headed sims can use some humor in their lives but the fact that he's a dog lover and Jane hates dogs, I'd feel sorry for the dog they would eventually adopt.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm all for doing separate saves for your sim. One for each lady and one as a harem saved game. See how each story progresses. It allows you to never really have to choose. Sometimes by doing this, you might find you prefer one save over another.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Jane Lo... I think it's the perfect match. Brutal Honesty vs joking around? Opposites attract.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame