Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ancient Membership

Not sure being ancient is a good thing but for all of us who reached this today: Congratulations. :D

@ehaught58
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What is this?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    11+ year member anniversary badge, apparently.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    "You earned the Ancient Membership badge."
    I was just coming over to post this in one of the daily simming threads. :)
    Thanks for calling me old. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited May 2020
    CK213 wrote: »

LOL Its like a gathering of the "May "09" Club again. I do think ancient does sound a bit classier than "old" though. Don't you thinK?

Thanks @Sindocat I was on the BBS & Sims2 forums as well but they started counting for badges I believe from Sims 3 forum I believe. There were a few of us that were able to register in May "09 before the June release. Hence the "May Club".
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Well, I’m not going to argue... because I am old! lol
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Congratulations! :cookie::cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited May 2020
    eh. I've been a member of the Sims forums since I was (actually) groomed by a (edit: word not allowed, male who approaches underage people for nefarious purposes) on Sims 1 chat rooms when I was 12 - nothing happened, I'm fine, never met him, never did anything 'adult content', was fortunate enough to realise it was wrong and stopped talking to him. Aaah also that was 18 years ago (now I feel old)
    I wonder if mods will remove this comment? No, I don't remember his username, probably doesn't matter as I'm sure its closed by now.

I did use a hotmail email, instead of the email i'm currently signed up as...

So I've been on sims social websites for 18-19 years. Woooow....
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yeah I don't have that award. I thought the Ol' Sims 3 forums from yesteryear were the only official Sims forums. Then Sims 4 comes out and I find out this forum was here the whole time. Shenanigans. Shenanigans I say!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »

LOL Its like a gathering of the "May "09" Club again. I do think ancient does sound a bit classier than "old" though. Don't you thinK?

Thanks @Sindocat I was on the BBS & Sims2 forums as well but they started counting for badges I believe from Sims 3 forum I believe. There were a few of us that were able to register in May "09 before the June release. Hence the "May Club".

I just came across this picture in my thread.
    snapshot_74393683_14556b79.jpg

That's the Sims 2 version of my University Dorm.
    This is the TS4 version, and yeah, the TS2 version is making me feel ancient.
    11-24-19_8-25-12nbspPM.png

But if coming in on The Sims 2 is "Ancient", what do they call people who came in on The Sims?
    The walking dead?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Lol, thanks CK. Yup, I was in on the Sims 2 forums through until now. I didn't post anything on the original sims, I don't even know if they had a forum up for the Sims.

Again, they could have worded it like, most loyal fan, longest playing the sims, anything except "ancient." :D

I got notified today too, congrats to all the oldies but goodies! o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    But if coming in on The Sims 2 is "Ancient", what do they call people who came in on The Sims?
    The walking dead?

Sure its been 20 years, but I ain't dead yet :D I don't have my old account anymore, though, the email used is also long gone.

I kinda miss those days, I was pretty fresh on the internet, only had dial-up (shudder!) and remember I thought the Sims BBS was so confusing. Loved the Exchange, though! <3 Didn't spend too much time on officials, mostly on Yahoo groups and other fan forums (also our own, of course). Besides, I was way too busy with our site and playing the game and creating. Online time was very limited back then.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I forgot about all those yahoo sites! Hmm maybe I am ancient? :s
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion