Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug - Toggle (flash) is no more? - RESULT!

Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
Please toggle (flash) on picture sim is gone! bug.png
No I can not select the sims take care about self. Ad when I returned they are red!
Post edited by Kniga_Sitara on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I go with one from family on other lot. University this time. Two sims are at home, They have not a switch :( The middle go her football training. But is not importat. It is every :(
    15-5-2020-18-59-51.png
    Nobody know how repair it? it is so frustrated!

Post edited by Kniga_Sitara on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I believe there is a cheat for that. Open up the cheats window and type in testingcheats true. Then Shift-click on your Sim and you should get three options Make Happy; Disable Needs Decay; Enable Needs Decay. Hope this helps. If all else fails and you don't mind using mods, I would recommend MCCC (Master Controller Command Center) by deaderpool.

I would Make Happy first, followed by Disable Needs Decay and then let your other Sim leave for work. Just remember to Enable Needs Decay when that Sim returns. :) I got very tired of the toddlers being in full red whenever my singer Sim returned from his concerts. I guess the tots' mother doesn't love them very much. She can't seem to take care of them. And they're too young to take care of self. :open_mouth:

Hope this helps!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    One ought not to need to cheat it. There should be the toggle to modify what the non-played Sims are doing ("Care For Self", "Work on Skills" etc.), to switch to that Sim, or to bring that Sim to the current location. I use it frequently.

You may need to repair your game - sometimes downloads or updates don't complete properly and weird things get broken. You can find the option under the Settings widget, in your Game Library on Origin:

NggwOfN.png
  • Options
    Ah, the toggle! Yes It is missing! I try repair game, I try cutt off mods, I try delete cache :( nothings wworks. I try move with family... They are on University now. After I will move one from other family a see what to do.... Nobody have this problem too?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, I haven't actually been in-game in a couple days, and that was a single Sim living alone. I haven't seen it personally, but I'll take a look in the interest of trouble-shooting.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just zoom out until I see the "travel" button pop up. Then I click it and select the world she lives in and click on their house.

Looks like she needs to finish her "zzzz" in quey first (if travel button don't work). I would try to fast forward a little bit to finish the button filling up, then when she has had enough sleep to be able to go home, hit the send home button. Was she bit by a vampire or was she that exhausted?

When you get her home and take care of everyone, if the button doesn't show up (on the ones left behind) when you travel again, I would quit the game and go to Origin game library, scroll thru your other games till you get to Sims4, right click and scroll down to "update" the game. Every time I reinstall my game it just never finishes the update (hence why it always says "finalizing" instead of "play").
  • Options
    I just zoom out until I see the "travel" button pop up. Then I click it and select the world she lives in and click on their house.

Looks like she needs to finish her "zzzz" in quey first (if travel button don't work). I would try to fast forward a little bit to finish the button filling up, then when she has had enough sleep to be able to go home, hit the send home button. Was she bit by a vampire or was she that exhausted?

When you get her home and take care of everyone, if the button doesn't show up (on the ones left behind) when you travel again, I would quit the game and go to Origin game library, scroll thru your other games till you get to Sims4, right click and scroll down to "update" the game. Every time I reinstall my game it just never finishes the update (hence why it always says "finalizing" instead of "play").

I update, I repair game.. Problem is the missing toggle what look as flash! On first picture.....
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2020
    That is a bug, I had it on two of my Sims and it is caused by a weird hidden trait they have. You have to cheat the trait away.
    How to fix this issue on a currently bugged sim:
    - Select the bugged sim (while on active lot)
    - Open the cheats console (CTRL+Shift+C)
    - Enter the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_AtDaycare

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-self-not-showing-up/td-p/7972350
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Oh, I was thinking of the second pic of Martina. I thought when she got home and traveled again, if the other two was still missing the toggle to try the update. Sorry about that!

Since you updated and repaired the game, I don't know why they would be missing the toggle. Do you have any CC or mods? If so, you could go to your mods folder and slide the mods to your desktop then play and see if it works? If it doesn't work after that, you can slide the mods from the desktop back into your mods folder.
  • Options
    Ennael wrote: »
    That is a bug, I had it on two of my Sims and it is caused by a weird hidden trait they have. You have to cheat the trait away.
    How to fix this issue on a currently bugged sim:
    - Select the bugged sim (while on active lot)
    - Open the cheats console (CTRL+Shift+C)
    - Enter the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_AtDaycare

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-self-not-showing-up/td-p/7972350

YES! It is work! THANKS!
    Maybe is problem that these girls was triplets, was born in family in section "Other Families" And I play with they when they was teens! Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Ennael Wow, that is a sad bug.

I only play single so I never noticed. I think something like this happened to me when she was living at a dorm. The roommate would stand there and ready to pass out, couldn't talk to him or anything.....he was stuck. I was able to zoom out and travel with him to a park (or where ever you choose) and then travel right back to dorm and he was fixed then.

Of course, I had no idea if his(dorm guy) toggle was missing or not :|
  • Options
    @Kniga_Sitara so glad you fixed your issue. I never knew that bug existed but so glad @Ennael was aware of it!

Happy Simming :D
  • Options
    @Kniga_Sitara so glad you fixed your issue. I never knew that bug existed but so glad @Ennael was aware of it!

Happy Simming :D

Thanks, I do not know it before too. I am so happy. Because these triplets are daughters of Lilith Pleasant (Hope that name is correct) and Wolfgang Munich and they are great!
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    YES! It is work! THANKS!
    Maybe is problem that these girls was triplets, was born in family in section "Other Families" And I play with they when they was teens! Thanks

You're welcome, glad it worked.

My Sim that was bugged was a born-in-game townie I started playing when he was grown. I think any Sim like that will likely have that silly trait on them. I don't know for sure how his son got it though, he's always been part of a played household, just moved from dad's household to mom's when he was a toddler. I suspect I may have put the mom's household in 'Other Households' for a bit for the kid to age up to child because I don't remember aging him up, and that must be how he got it. None of my other played born-in-game children have it, so..

50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif