Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Sims 5 is truly coming out, what is your top 4 requests?

12346...Next

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    1) Better graphics, even if it means upgrading to a video card
    2) Vehicles
    3) More things for Sims to do (expansion packs only offer so much)
    4) Better-developed worlds with more homes and entertainment venues
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    1. I need a great variety of open worlds that represent all kinds of geographical zones. If open worlds aren't possible, I would like open neighborhoods of at least ten lots each and which players are allowed to link together as we see fit. For example, if I'm not interested in desert worlds, I could exclude them and add more of the geographical zones that I enjoy. My game world should be unique. Each save should be unique.
    2. A full personality matrix accompanied by more specific traits that are able to round the personalities out. That should include wants/fear and an attraction system at launch. It's ridiculous that those features aren't included in a base game as parts of a Sims' core personality.
    3. More showing and less telling. I don't need moodlets and static pictures of avatars to tell me how my Sims are feeling. I want animations and actions to tell me what's happening as they did in TS2. I want lots and lots of animations that could cover a whole host of situations.
    4. I want consequences.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    1) A "save" game system that doesn't make me insane every time I think of the game or load it up! Maybe I am crazy. I've googled and you tubed and googled again and I still can't Completely wrap my head around "save", "save as" and whether I am saving ONE "world" or every world IN the game in one save. Yes you heard it LOL. Puh - lease just let me load up one sims 5 town, neighborhood, world , what have you, and know when I hit "save" that it will just do that and be exactly the same as I left it. I guess I'm a control freak in this area. I want to actually understand it but that may be too much to ask. LOL.

Maybe I could help you to unravel a bit of your confusion?

"Save" is the choice you make when you simply want to save your current progress. For example, if your Sims just got married and you "Save", they'll still be married when you reload that file. If you've already saved your current game once before, the "Save" option will overwrite the previous save. If you regret doing something or something goes wrong in your game session (such as your favorite Sim dying of electrocution), don't save. Quit the game and reload. You'll lose some progress since the last time that you saved, however, you won't be stuck with the thing that you didn't want. Your Sim will live to die another day. :)

"Save and Exit" is exactly what it says. It will save your current game session and overwrite what was there before. Afterward, the game will automatically shut down and return you to your desktop.

"Save As" is what you do when you do not want to overwrite a preexisting save. When you "Save As", you make a completely new file and you are given the opportunity to name it something different.

I use the "Save As" option in order to make regular backups of my current game. I can't recommend this enough. If one of your saves becomes corrupt, you will still have a backup. You will lose all of your progress in the game since the day that you made the backup, however, you won't have lost everything.

You can also use "Save As" to see what happens if you make an alternative decision in your Sim's life. In one file your Sim could be happily married with children. In another save your Sim could have divorced their current partner, run away with the barista at the cafe, and made a complete lifestyle change by moving to the city from the 'burbs. "Save As" provides options.

Finally, no matter which method that you choose, "Save", "Save As", or "Save and Exit", TS4 will save all of the worlds at once because they are all interconnected. There is no way to save one world at a time, they're all part of the same game session.

I hoped that this post was helpful to you and that I didn't confuse you even more than you were before. :D
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    I would actually like my sims to physically open/close curtains, blinds, and vacuum carpets and sweep the floors .
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    1. Weather in the Base Game
    2. Story progression
    3. Open world
    4. Memories/Attraction system
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    1) A return of the emotions system with a smoother transition between each emotion.
    2) Color Wheel
    3) Some disability representation--not in traits per se but in things like CAS options for walk styles, how my Sim reads, if they speak during the animations, ect. At the bare minimum, don't represent Sims who switch rapidly between emotions with a straight jacket icon. :/
    4) More supernatural Sims early on/fully developed supernatural Sims. I think Vampires and Servos both came out nicely in the Sims 4, and I'd love to see all the supernatural Sims be equally distinct.

I'm iffy on the attraction system. If it comes back, I want there to be an option to say my Sim isn't interested in romance instead of forcing me to pick something.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    1. open world
    2. cars
    3. The color wheel and patterns
    4. pets
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Do not create a game where you have to purchase the SAME expansion packs that are just renamed and reconfigured but are the same.

Base game season and pets, swimming in the ocean, and pools, ladders etc. And really create BRAND NEW never been done before expansion packs that expands the game.

A new game engine with the same ole same ole EPs is not novel or even worth another iteration. And if that is what EA has planned then let the Sims end with TS4 and salute the new crop of indie games that are coming out.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • JohnHWatson71JohnHWatson71 Posts: 44 Member
    1. Open world
    2. World Editing/CAW
    3. More Story
    4. Actual collaborative relationship between the Devs and Custom Content creators. Like some kind of ability to upload CC to the gallery as long as it passed some sort of automated quality check. The fact that the latest patch broke so much CC and a lot of players are now finding the game unplayable. I'm not saying monetization. Absolutely not. But it would be nice for the game and CC to have a much more symbiotic relationship than it does now. So that when things like the September 3rd patch happens, its not 100% on CC creators to deal with. i know this is a very rough concept, but I think it warrants thinking about.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    1. Open world
    2. World Editing/CAW
    3. More Story
    4. Actual collaborative relationship between the Devs and Custom Content creators. Like some kind of ability to upload CC to the gallery as long as it passed some sort of automated quality check. The fact that the latest patch broke so much CC and a lot of players are now finding the game unplayable. I'm not saying monetization. Absolutely not. But it would be nice for the game and CC to have a much more symbiotic relationship than it does now. So that when things like the September 3rd patch happens, its not 100% on CC creators to deal with. i know this is a very rough concept, but I think it warrants thinking about.

I don't see them ever giving us open worlds or CAW again because of performance issues that some people have had in the past.

You posted this in another thread
    I have a computer from 2013 with the Sims 4 on it. I can run it decent enough. But it's choppy. it freezes and crashes a lot.

If you are having those issues now with TS4 on this dummied down game engine, how do you think your system would run a new game with a total open world that needs to render everything?

And because people still use older, low-end PCs and laptops, they will once again make a "lite" version of any new game.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    1) Optimized world with populated lots
    2) Better personality and AI for Sims
    3) Toddlers and all other life stages available at base game
    4) More world building and color wheel and texture tools
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • cassassdcassassd Posts: 2 New Member
    @StrawberryYogurt totally agree with you

1.) More personality to make my sims unique
    2.) An actual memory system and accurate family tree
    3.) Sims 2 layered swatches on objects
    4.) More customizable worlds like sims 2 or sims 3 CAW (im sick of all the perfectly flat lots and also houses look out of place when they're not matching the environment. I need more opportunities to be creative to keep me interested)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2020
    1) Sims 2 personalities, wants, fears, attraction systems, memories.
    2) A full customisable neighbourhood like Sims 2.
    3) Open world with options for TS2 asynchronous time.
    4) Full animations (no more cheap *poof* animation stuff)
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    1. Open world, no more load screens!
    2. Color wheel, I want full customization.
    3. Cars, pets, vacations (things that should be in the base game)
    4. Gradual aging. I want to be able to be in my 30's without looking like I'm 21 or 49!
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    1. The personality of Sims 2. For instance, in depth personalities, traits, likes/dislikes, etc. This also includes the quirky sense of humor.
    2. The openness of Sims 3. Including the open world, create-a-world, color wheels, a ton of buildable lots on a ton of different maps, and the ability to go from world to world.
    3. The build mode tools from Sims 4. I adore being able to drag walls in and out, copy and paste rooms, pick up the whole house and move it on the lot, etc.
    4. None of the notorious EA gimmicks that have ruined other games and franchises.
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    improved graphics and sims

a gallery system

create a style/colorwheel

open world
    i dont like how it rains and becomes overcast with seasons . so i would prefer they do not add weather to the base game. certain features are nice to opt in and out of.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    i dont like how it rains and becomes overcast with seasons . so i would prefer they do not add weather to the base game. certain features are nice to opt in and out of.

You can opt out of rain in Seasons. It's in Options. I expect it'll be the same in any Sims game after the fuss that was made over it.
  • lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    To start, in Sims 5 I would like to see:

1) Combine the best of S2 & S3 for the base game.
    2) Separate vacation Worlds filled with hot & cold weather activity.
    3) Smart Sims.
    4) Sims with individual personalities.
    > @Simburian said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can opt out of rain in Seasons. It's in Options. I expect it'll be the same in any Sims game after the fuss that was made over it.

it still becomes overcast and dreary, it just doesnt rain. i had to use a mod to make the skies clear.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    1. Returning features from The Sims 4: Build/Buy Mode, the lighting system (seriously, I love, love, LOVE the lighting in Sims 4), cartoony art style and sims.
    2. Returning features from The Sims 3: Create-A-Style, Color Wheel, Open World, Create-A-World.
    3. Returning features from The Sims 2: Memories, personalities, turn-ons and turn-offs, chemistry, story album, highly expressive sims.
    4. Returning features from The Sims 1: American Sitcom Culture feel, TS1-style Simlish, Build/Buy music.