Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's have some positivity!

2...Next

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Well, I haven't seen that one here, so I'll add that.

The manage households in manage worlds. No more need to use cheats and rotation to change NPC sims. In The Sims 4, I can simply open manage households, choose a household I want to change, and just go to CAS with then straight away. With that, I can even modify townies!

I also love that there is different outfit categories for hot and cold weather. I can create a summer look as hot weather clothing, fall/spring look as everyday outfit, and winter look as cold weather clothing.
  • XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    I don't really understand why so many complain anyway.

Certainly, there are some game options that Sims 4 doesn't have compared to the older games. In contrast, there is also a lot of new things.
    I often have the feeling that many in the community want the same game over and over again.
    When the developers recycle "old ideas" (packs like seasons, pets, etc.) the community is dissatisfied. If the developers bring in "new ideas", such as Eco Livestyle, people complain too.

It's really a shame that so many people make others' work and efforts bad.

And now for the good things ... :)
    • The Sims team is actively interested in solving bugs that appear with new updates. Wonderful. Mainly because this wasn't really the case in Sims 3.
    • No open worlds. I like the concept. Open worlds have always meant too long loading times and problems. With the option of small neighborhoods, many more computers can process everything.
    • Calendar, clubs, festivals. These things bring fun to your weekly schedule.
    • CAS and BB are easy to use.
    • New careers that are adapted to "modern" times. Freelancer, internet personality, etc.
    • No cars! I think it's good that you can use bicycles. There are other things than just cars, cars, cars. Buses, trams, metros. In my opinion, the trend should go to public transport. Just a little idea that I have.

So, these are just a few things that I like.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Love this thread!
    I've played The Sims since it first released. Sims 4 is definitely my favourite. I just love how manageable the game is in CAS, build and play. Also that all worlds are playable in one save file. The toddlers are absolutely adorable.
    If I want open worlds and cars, I would play Sims 3. If I want attraction system, I would play Sims 2. I much prefer the emotion system. In my opinion it gives the sims far more depth and personality.
    Happy to be a vanilla player too!
    Super excited for the upcoming new packs :):)
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I have mods that give me a great attraction system so i am fine there...
    I really really like how pretty it is... and how the simmers look... it is by far my favorite simmer look... and i love how much of the clothes i would actually love to wear, and dont shake my head when i have to style them up in it... the new pink dress in the eco trailer is a favorite of mine already...
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    XMachiaX wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many complain anyway.

Certainly, there are some game options that Sims 4 doesn't have compared to the older games. In contrast, there is also a lot of new things.
    I often have the feeling that many in the community want the same game over and over again.
    When the developers recycle "old ideas" (packs like seasons, pets, etc.) the community is dissatisfied. If the developers bring in "new ideas", such as Eco Livestyle, people complain too.

It's really a shame that so many people make others' work and efforts bad.

And now for the good things ... :)
    • The Sims team is actively interested in solving bugs that appear with new updates. Wonderful. Mainly because this wasn't really the case in Sims 3.
    • No open worlds. I like the concept. Open worlds have always meant too long loading times and problems. With the option of small neighborhoods, many more computers can process everything.
    • Calendar, clubs, festivals. These things bring fun to your weekly schedule.
    • CAS and BB are easy to use.
    • New careers that are adapted to "modern" times. Freelancer, internet personality, etc.
    • No cars! I think it's good that you can use bicycles. There are other things than just cars, cars, cars. Buses, trams, metros. In my opinion, the trend should go to public transport. Just a little idea that I have.

So, these are just a few things that I like.

Well you just opened the door and to answer your line about why so many complain is an problem that existed since day day one Sims 4 started or came to life. It had no features and was an drab game for some. You look at most games in an franchise there is an mixture of old and new features as the game built off the older version and never did the Devs strip an newer version of that franchise of all features except EA/Maxis and even today while some parts of Sims 4 has improved it still not an juggernaut of an game and there were and still some poor decisions being made. For me Sims 4 is not the best Sims game I for one do not believe the Devs wanted to go down an different road willingly, Heck they had an ehgine ready to go from an cancelled project and it appears it is not flexible enough to do what was done in Sims 2 or 3. I am an seasoned game player know an smoke screen when I see it. Yes, Sims 4 sells because it of the price one can get for it and I would have paid $9.99 for it instead of $40.00 if I waited. However it is what it is and Sims 4 future has already been written but it will not be an fond one for me to remember as I had not played the game close to an year now. However if you like it great if you don't great as it is different strokes for different folks and sorry Sims 4 does not float my boat.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    OP, there really are dozens and dozens of postive threads about TS4. It has it's own forum with dozens and dozens if not thousands of threads about fun gameplay, what people like about it and what people would keep about it in a next generation of TS.

It has dozens of threads stickied to the top of forums of all positive comments.

It's just that the official forums aren't the echo chamber of Twitter and of course you will see different responses to different packs in Feedback. It's the only place people can complain about what they don't like. Feedback really isn't a place to say I love, love a game but to give your critique of what you liked and didn't like and it's no wonder you see more dislike there since that is the only place (they can't say it on Twitter or FB without getting hated for voicing dissent) people can say what they dislike and wish was different about this game. Positive feedback is already known to them by how much money it makes.

It's funny how people want to tamp down those threads because there are so many, well, do it right the first time and there won't be so many in the future is my motto.

On a positive note TS4 is an ok game in my opinion. It has some packs I really did like.

However, it's six years old time to move on in my opinion if I have to keep reading threads that request people to be positive and ignore the negativty coming from it's own fanbase who are now thinking the same as I do, six years is a very long game life for a game.

Such as going back over the base and what it offers. If the EP threads are a problem I wonder where people should express their dissatisfaction with the EP pack.(EL) Enjoy your game how I feel about the game doesn't stop you from buying and or engaging in threads talking about your gameplay in the TS4 sections.

But feedback is the only place I can say wow, that's not what I was expecting from Maxis who has 20 years experience in building these games, and seeing them as a company rather than my pals who might need defending if they were.

I'm in it to be entertained not make friends with them, not follow them or defend them. But that's just me. Strictly business. I pay or don't pay and I say what I actually think about the work. I think that is how it should be. Looking over all the feedback threads on the first three pages, I can't really see any 'hate' but legit complaints that should be fixed and tending to in order to improve TS4's reputation as a game, people paid $20 and $40 for packs they expect to work.

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I would have to say my favorite things in The Sims 4 include:

1) Active careers. This one I know a lot of people wont agree but I do love going to work with my sim and though I wish somethings were tweaked and there wasn't any hand holding, however, I do overall enjoy them. This also includes the veterinarian "career".

2) The toddlers! Need I say more? Lol They are my favorite in the franchise.

3) CAS! By far the best in my opinion ( minus the lack of color wheel lol) I do like how it's set up and how easy it is the set different outfits.

4) Separated hats from hair!

5) Holidays. Seasons is one of my favorite packs and I love how they added holidays into the mix. It's something different and makes my family time more meaningful.

6) The Club system. I recently really got into playing with the club system and I love it. I wish you could add more sims to a club without mods.

7) Pregnancy tests and breastfeeding because I'm a mom and I like the realism it brings to my family play.

8) Dining out (when it's working correctly lol) it brings me back to the sims 2's dining experience.

9) Build and buy mode. It's easier to navigate through it to find specific things one is looking for. Building, to me, seems much easier. Then again I was never a builder. I'm more of a remodeler/renovator
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    I also like the room build feature it has... where you can place remade rooms and such, both from your old builds, and gallary and some of those sims suggest... :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eh, gotta take the good with the bad. Life is about balance. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the ladders will hopefully improve my builds.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I love the building tools and apparently there's more coming in the next pack for us builders.

The CAS is improving all the time too.

I love the way I'm finding the the new packs have new effects on the old ones, that you can make a spa in Sulani and have all your Sims sitting on the decks there in their bathrobes for example or pitch some tents, a barbecue in your inventory and have a weekend holiday there with the public toilets available!

The way the StrangerVille Pack makes off the grid living more interesting on those off the grid lots. That I could build a whole Area 52 in Oasis Springs, bunkers and all.

I love the packs enlarging the whole depth of the game as they come out. I am still finding things that I didn't know before or that make me laugh when I find them. There are endless ways of experimenting on how to control the Sims properly without them rushing off to do something elsewhere as the control panels are much better for me to handle than in previous ones. It's the only Sims game from the original iteration where I can manage a full family of 8.

I love the ease and smoothness of running the game with a laptop that can deal with it.

I love the fact that there are several more packs coming before it finishes and hopefully, it will give me more to take my mind off the current Lockdown in Scotland.

• WhYiSThErEaDuCkWhYiSThErEaDuCk Posts: 8 New Member
    I love so much about this game! (Yes i'm a cringey child)
    Love CAS and the custom gender setting stuff
    Love MERMAIDS
    get famous is fun
    also just like telling stories lol
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    For me, It's the best game in the series!!

Same here! I love TS4, and it's my favorite of the series.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    I'm just going to say I love playing TS4. I sometimes see comments about how TS4 is so popular because many of it's players never experienced the previous versions. I've been playing for 20 years. I have Sims 2 and all store items installed. I have Sims 3, all packs installed, own all of the store stuff. I have the original but not installed. I do play 2 and 3 occasion but I prefer 4.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    XMachiaX wrote: »
    Those complaints from two camp of groups, both with valid critiques. I never heard somebody complaining that "ugh, seasons/pets are back, eww" unless those who wished it was in the base game.

While the cons of it outweigh my enjoyment of playing it, there are however certain aspects named here that I like from this game.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I enjoy the game very much, playing for relaxation. I love the weather changes, holidays, clubs, getting sims together and making babies!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm wondering too if we'll be getting dovecotes in the new pack as SimGuruDoi put a picture of one on his twitter feed. That would be another thing to be positive about. More birds in game?

edited May 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm wondering too if we'll be getting dovecotes in the new pack as SimGuruDoi put a picture of one on his twitter feed. That would be another thing to be positive about. More birds in game?

wow that is a pretty cool looking one as well
    I'm just going to say I love playing TS4. I sometimes see comments about how TS4 is so popular because many of it's players never experienced the previous versions. I've been playing for 20 years. I have Sims 2 and all store items installed. I have Sims 3, all packs installed, own all of the store stuff. I have the original but not installed. I do play 2 and 3 occasion but I prefer 4.

Yeah i played all the previous sim games as well, and I also prefer 4... I really love how i can swift between all the worlds, and therefore in a way it feels like i use all the expansions and packs at once, instead of having to almost pick which one i want to play... here i can just juggle them all at the same time... sure there are things i miss from the other games... but i really enjoy so much in sims 4 more...
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to one of the crossword sessions Doi did on twitch where "cotes" was an answer to a clue.

Would be nice to have though. Maybe in the future?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I love that the streets aren't flat anymore, the sidewalks are higher than the asphalt;
    I know a bunch of people hate them, but I love the neighborhood decoration, even the fake houses (I just wish there were enough real ones);
    I love the new CAS;
    I love the new build and buy;
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020

I'm almost sure i saw one of these (smaller) in the EL trailer.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Yeh it's definitely not bad and seeing a lot of people who didn't pay enough attention to the game it was always "Gimme the packs" i admit EA didn't help that and still don't... LOL but it feels very TS2, the main things people are disappointed about is how long it's taking them to add what the game needs into the game again mainly the Base Game and it feels like THAT'S mainly the game now not the Packs that adds just little things but keeping the little "extras" out will honestly be the best thing for you to do, with TS3 i feel like that was more experimental but they back tracked into TS2 with The Sims 4 LOL good job they did really, it just wasn't appealing to as many people.

I've watched a lot of Gameplay so far and i was as immersed as TS2 really but always add a stereo in your game and music in Community Lots, i feel it's then boring without it because it's just silence and then chatter we need that music in the background humming away on low to really help set the mood THAT'S my advice for new players. Every house i built i put in a stereo because honestly the sims really want it too and if Music and Dance is what they were best at then you wouldn't have found that out until you got them to dance, sometimes i turned it off but but left the stereo on for sims LOL, the Toddler loved it especially i love it when they they crawled over to it and started doing a jig on the floor hehe :D I only just came in because it didn't catch me before because they took so long i mean... i wish i didn't have to wait month after month for certain things but it just gets me excited all over again too LOL.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    I like the art style of this game too, and how you can edit a sim so that sim is younger or older, life stage wise. I also like how the sims relationships can increase really fast from strangers to romance or best friends or both romance and best friends. I love the San Myschuno world, I thought I wouldn't but I do like the San Myschuno world. Willow Creek used to be my favorite neighborhood, but now I prefer the San Myschuno apartments.

I like how there is NO color wheel in "The Sims 4", and how we have "Create A Sim" instead. Having "Create A Sim" makes the game more appealing to me, and the "Create A Sim" feature is easier for me to make Sims, and edit them however I want (from their hair color and hairstyle, eye color and shape, their weight, and other things as well). I like the custom gender options too.

I also like how Mrs. Crumplebottom is NOT in "The Sims 4", I think Mrs. Crumplebottom is really annoying. If my sims want to date, they should be able to date without being harrassed by Mrs. Crumplebottom.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I definitely prefer the graphics over what TS3s graphics looks like it's just perfect and more crystal clear with a nice dreamy look it has a nice Landscape Painting look and the sims are back to their cute selves :) the color swatches are definitely enough i can never get a handle on color wheels in software that has it and a lot of them don't even have anywhere i can insert HTML or CC Color Code into it, if that wasn't harder for kids to understand that could be useful with the colors inbuilt into the game so we can make any wallpaper, floor or object any color we like i dunno... i mean we can go on websites now where we can literally just select a color or use a Dropper Tool then Copy and Paste the Color Code it's something to think about.

I think Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are going to be my favorites it will be the only two i have but there's already quite a number of families to play, Pleasantview and Riverblossom Hills is my fave in TS2 but i'm glad it gave me one with a sandy terrain so i'm not playing the grassy ones all the time lol. I'm really glad Maxis stepped in again i really am they've done great with it especially giving us more in the Base Game since the Packs are more Sandbox Packs again and definitely for the kiddies lol. The shadows are gorgeous and in the right places this time where there's TS2 and 3 where a lot of people just disabled them. When it goes to night time too it's absolutely magical looking :O i can't wait to build some Gardens with Fairy Lights.