I've been observing the forums for the past few days and I am seeing only hate and disappointment and bitterness surrounding most of the threads, and in turn it's making me feel very bitter and miserable. So I decided to make a thread to speak positively about the Sims 4 since there really aren't a lot of other threads like that.
And when there are, someone comes along just to do literally the opposite of the thread's intent.
So, let's just talk about some good things about The Sims 4! I shall start:
- This game looks really good! I love the art style of this game, and it makes everything more visually appealing in general.
- Toddlers. They are the best iteration of the life stage that I have ever seen. They're fun to play with and have older Sims teach and take care of, and they have more things to do than in, say, Sims 2.
- The Supernaturals we have in Sims 4 are more fleshed out, imo, than any of the other Sims games. Vampires and Spellcasters have their own level up systems giving them neat new powers and allowing you to customize them. Vampires even get weaknesses, like random hissing or being even more endangered when in the sun, and magic for Spellcasters is a lot of fun (if pretty game breaking!)
- The Build mode is so much more fun to mess around with. Mistakes are very easy to fix without having to bulldoze a ton of things, and moving rooms and the house around the lot is incredibly useful!
- The Sims themselves. I know a lot of people are having issues with their personality, but I don't really see it personally? Traits could do more but I'm happy with the way they act and the way they look in general, very easy to create visually impressive Sims.
- The worlds may not be open but I do enjoy playing in them! You can still move freely within your Sim's district, unless going into another lot. There are lots of Sims walking around and there is usually a common area like a park or a barbecue location where Sims tend to gather to. Helps that they look nice as well.
- The holidays in Sims 4 Seasons are fun, if a bit silly. A random holiday happened in one of my saves where the sole purpose was to go around and start fights with people in the neighborhood. That was fun!
There are probably more things I like that I can't think of at the moment. What are your favorite things about The Sims 4?