Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? Maxis hiring executive producer, animator, experience designer, senior character artist

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Let's hope so, funny, we talked recently about how Maxis should hire more people to do animation in some other posts here on the forums.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm not sure if there's going to be a TS5 sooner or later, but this preferred experience...

"Knowledge and familiarity with Gen Z players and interests." Are they going to "eliminate" the OG players? :o

Perhaps, they could probably be hiring for the next multiple packs or another spin off.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Would they be hiring new people do to the basegame of TS5?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    So they're only hiring now. I suppose that means Sims 5 will be out next year, huh?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    So they're only hiring now. I suppose that means Sims 5 will be out next year, huh?

is that sarcastic or? i doubt it goes that fast but hey that might just be me hoping...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Note not all those jobs listed are for Maxis but for EA. How many other than the one said for Maxis? That makes a difference. Maxis has already hired most of the people to work on the next AAA game, the new executive producer may be needed because someone is leaving?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah looks like MMO if they need server engineers. Looks like they are trying another online attempt like they did with the Sims 4. Funny how history repeats itself even with gaming.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    Game Server Engineer (EA Studios, Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team)

What is Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team ?

Senior Brand Manager, Maxis HD Live Services Lead, The Sims

Maxis HD Live Services ???
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited May 2020

is that sarcastic or? i doubt it goes that fast but hey that might just be me hoping...

Sarcasm. If they're putting together servers as well as games it'll be four/five years. So if we want to prevent online competitive play for a simulation-life/building game, we need to all speak NOW.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited May 2020
    It's probably another mobile game.
    Some jobs are under EA Mobile/Maxis not Maxis/The Sims.

It's probably another mobile game.
    Some jobs are under EA Mobile/Maxis not Maxis/The Sims.

They have two mobile games. Although I wouldn't put it past them to have a full-on Sims Mobile, keeping in mind that it would inevitably be smaller than a Desktop Sims Game.

At the same time, I wouldn't put it past them to make that the only Sims game available.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Could be another pack or a spin off.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i think someone needs to post on change.org an online petition to send to ea maxi to show that hardcore simmers do not went sims5 to be online those are my toughs as a player that played since sims1 and now the time to act and let or voices out
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Note not all those jobs listed are for Maxis but for EA. How many other than the one said for Maxis? That makes a difference. Maxis has already hired most of the people to work on the next AAA game, the new executive producer may be needed because someone is leaving?

All of the ones I posted say Maxis.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member

Could also mean they are expanding the group they already had!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I applied but got turned down due to not being eco-friendly. Just kidding!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there's going to be a TS5 sooner or later, but this preferred experience...

"Knowledge and familiarity with Gen Z players and interests." Are they going to "eliminate" the OG players? :o

Perhaps, they could probably be hiring for the next multiple packs or another spin off.

@xamira99 no girl, I'm gen z and have been playing Sims since the first one. I hope they don't change anything, cuz this gen z one LOVED how sims 2 worked, but it can be improved with open world/better cas/better build and buy... etc...
    edited May 2020
    In 2025, most players will never play to TS1, TS2 and maybe TS3.

Next target : 2035... Gen Alpha players for The Sims 6 !
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i am 46 years old and played the sims1 sims2 and sims3 now on sims4 and conidering the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited May 2020
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Well, it seems like every tidbit of info I find confirms my fears. An online-only game even more watered down to avoid "triggering" the emotionally fragile younger generations.

My hopes, however, are that this is just for TS: Mobile or Freeplay sucessors. NOT the reguar game.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »

@xamira99 no girl, I'm gen z and have been playing Sims since the first one. I hope they don't change anything, cuz this gen z one LOVED how sims 2 worked, but it can be improved with open world/better cas/better build and buy... etc...

I reckon it's the same for everyone then & I wonder why the need to have that in their preferred condition. It must be something different than what we think. Probably something like MMO as the Sims spin off?

Anywho, I don't see the next series would be out anytime soon because, if there's nothing new & innovative, it's just a waste of investment, just like the FIFA, where it's getting worse & worse. I would rather it to be something different with some classics features added to it.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think EA's gonna pull a Bethesda and not release the Sims 5 for another 8-10 years. Instead, they'll put all their resources into building a standalone Sims Online style game, ala. Fallout 76 or Elder Scrolls Online. The Sims Online 2.0. They'll say their working on the Sims 5, but it won't come out for years, and they'll just drop support for Sims 4 entirely in favor of the online version.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Could be another pack or a spin off.

Yup. Sims Online 2.0. I would bet on it lol.