Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easiest way to reinstall store content?

So my OH installed a new hard drive on my PC, and I am in the process of moving all my store content over from the old drive to the shiny new SSD.

(I'm not worried about the save files, I just want the stuff I paid for back.)

When I looked it up, the article I found said that moving the DCBackup, DCCache, and Downloads folder over would be sufficient. But that didn't work~ when I tried to install my store content, I got a bunch of "installation failed" messages.

I reaaaaaalllly do not want to redownload everything manually (though I will if I have to); please tell me there's an easy-ish way to do this.

Thanks.
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    The ebc file bundles in your DCCache are your installed store content. If you move them to a new game folder (or a new computer) then there is nothing to install, if things are working as they should then it's all already there. You would also require your ccmerged file from DCBackup (not the rest of it) in order for premium store items to work.

The dbc file bundles are already installed CC. Any tmp files in there are expendable garbage.

Sims3packs that are in Downloads within the user game folder are those waiting to be installed or those that already have been. There is no need to keep any kind of sims3pack content in there after it has been installed, it is best stored elsewhere.

It's admittedly not a perfect system and some players will find that they do have to rebuild their content collections by reinstalling everything. The only time I faced that myself was when I switched from Origin to Steam for the install platform, but that was at that point to be expected.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I tried again, but nothing showed up in my game when I moved the folder over, so I just reinstalled everything from my purchase history. I own the store, so I had 100 pages of stuff... hopefully I didn't miss anything.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif