Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: The Rocking Chair!

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    To me this sounds like a Stuff Pack of all Stuff Packs! Has there ever been a Stuff Pack what includes so much... well stuff?? :)<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2020
    Love the Adults, elder, and the cute toddler animations. I’m looking forward to see it final of the rocking chair.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Awww the toddler animation on that rocking chair is so adorable, cannot wait for this and my simself can knit and rock at the same time!!!
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Will teen, young adult, adult, or elderly sims be able to rock a toddler to sleep on the rocking chair?
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • dmreinsdmreins Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the idea of a reminisce action, and the relationship boost for elders. This is what I'm talking about!!
  • ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    I love reading about the different skills and positions for the devs who work on each pack!! I can’t wait for rocking chairs; I’m excited to see something brand new come to the game & can’t wait to see how it will tie into future features! Thank you!
  • frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    Wow! Thanks for showing a little how development happens. I've always been curious
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    This was so interesting to read, thanks for the insight!
    Really excited about the movement applied so far and that toddlers and children can also interact with the rocking chair.
    Will toddlers and children be able to sit in a parent or elder’s lap as they read a story book to them, or chat to them and, here’s a big ask... can babies be rocked in the chair to soothe them or while feeding them?
    Thanks for the sneak peak and your amazing work!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I love that rocking chair but we need more interactions with it, like rocking with a cat on your lap, or reading to a toddler, or feeding and singing a lullaby to a baby.
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    Yay! Thanks for sharing!
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unique interactions for toddlers children and elders well I guess I'm buying this pack. Reminisce sounds interesting if only memories were a thing so they could actaully remember back on big events of their past.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigismonda32Sigismonda32 Posts: 4 New Member
    This is so beautiful!!! I'd really like if adults could sit on the rocking chair while holding the baby or maybe when they're nursing the baby. please!!!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Listening to metal while rocking back and forth on a rocking chair sounds like the dream life :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Thanks for the update! It's always interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.

The animations are looking nice. I know a lot of family orientated players are going to enjoy the toddler animation, it is pretty cute.

I just wish the chair was the design that I voted for, because the design that won is probably my least favourite. Still though, I wouldn't mind getting some more variants of rocking chairs in future packs. Some mid-century and modern designs would be awesome!
    Some design suggestions:
    yLOGCBD.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,321 Member
    Thank you for posting this update. Seeing behind the scenes in the development of a pack is fascinating and enlightening for those of us who aren't familiar with the process. I would definitely enjoy seeing more of these kind of posts in the future.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    Awesome! love the rocking chairs and finally!!! gameplay for elders!!
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The toddler reminds me of Boo.
    https://pixar.fandom.com/wiki/Boo

I am curious can cats scratch up the rocking chairs?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Dom_rocks123Dom_rocks123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think this pack is going to get a lot of favouritism. I hope it comes out soon!!
  • Dom_rocks123Dom_rocks123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope it isn’t 2D either as it definitely would not be comfortable.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thanks for the update! It's always interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.

The animations are looking nice. I know a lot of family orientated players are going to enjoy the toddler animation, it is pretty cute.

I just wish the chair was the design that I voted for, because the design that won is probably my least favourite. Still though, I wouldn't mind getting some more variants of rocking chairs in future packs. Some mid-century and modern designs would be awesome!
    Some design suggestions:
    yLOGCBD.png

Now that you mention it, the winning design is very old-looking/traditional. But everything else in the pack seems to be more modern so its a bit of a contrast.
  • Mekaela_NoelMekaela_Noel Posts: 2 New Member
    This looks so awesome! What I would really love to see (not sure if someone else has said this because I haven't read ALL the comments) is the "OH NO I ROCKED TOO FAR and now it FEELS LIKE I'm gonna tip over, but actually I'm fine, I just had a heart attack" situation. I think that would be hilarious. 😂 That happens to me ALL THE TIME in rocking chairs.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I've seen a lot comments wondering about whether or not you'll be able to rock babies or toddlers. Sitting in laps is not currently supported on any chair, but don't worry, we have a surprise in store for the littlest of Sims, so keep watching this forum for future deep dive posts from Conor. We'll have more details later :)

Now THIS sounds interesting!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • ondigitalwingsondigitalwings Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I hope there's a way for a parent to rock their toddlers & children in the rocking chair.

This! And for toddlers to fall asleep (or really anybody, honestly, I can see elders nodding off) in the chair. It'd be a great transition for more actions with babies, too...hint hint.
  • ondigitalwingsondigitalwings Posts: 3 New Member
    (Also I completely agree that toddlers need some more rambunctious moves on the chair...but maybe I'm biased, once I completely flipped my grandmother's rocking chair over when I was a little 'un. After I'd been warned to stop rocking so hard. I was fine, but scared/very embarrassed :P )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top