June 3 - New The Sims 4 game update available for all platforms - Check out the patch notes here.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: The Rocking Chair!

Comments

• vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 12
    This is great. Toddlers super cute and the elders look relaxed great job on the animation feel of that. I love interviews telling us a little about what their doing. Keep up the involvement! I hope they sneak in some crazy rocks, where the sim just can’t help themselves so they get hurled off projectile style. Well.... maybe not that aggressive lol
  • KiniHokulaniKiniHokulani Posts: 536 Member
    Ok, the toddler is SO CUTE!! :weary: Love all these updates and so far, this stuff pack sounds exciting. Definitely looking forward to it!
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 904 Member
    edited May 12
    How about drinking some warm tea and reading the paper/magazines in those chairs? :innocent:
    Love the reminisce interaction! Elder content makes me very happy. The toddler animation is adorable as well!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 924 Member
    edited May 12
    #FREETHEBABIES Anything less than teens, adults and elders being able to rock toddlers and babies to calm them down will be a severe let down.

For toddlers this should include being able to tell a story and being able to read a story to the toddler in the Sims lap.
  • zetazeta Posts: 21 Member
    Oww, animations are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 472 Member
    This is looking great so far! I love seeing objects like this that don't work exactly the same for every sim, giving them multiple uses. Also, love for other lifestages than YA and adults! :smiley: Thank you. You guys are really bringing your A-game on community stuff packs, and it's great to see. (In fact, overall, the most recent stuff packs seem quite nice. Good job by the whole team!)
    Check out my builds and my Disney inspired stories! I also now keep track of my random legacy
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 11,544 Member
    Interesting info.

I love that you didn't forget to include toddlers and kids.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 6,347 Member
    I would love more things done with rockers having sims rock with there toddler or cat would be cute
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 332 Member
    Thanks for the insight. It looks fantastic!

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 402 Member
    I appreciate these insights so much.. Thank you for sharing ..
    I look forward to more unique interactions,and new Fun motives in the new up & coming packs... <3
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 10,606 Member
    edited May 12
    Next step : Add Seasickness moodlet :p !
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 766 Member
    It's stuff like this that the community needs more of. It's nice seeing a glimpse of how something is made and the challenge that comes with these tasks. The rocking animation looks great and the toddler is absolutely adorable.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 3,817 Member
    This looks awesome, Sims team! Love the different animations. Can a sim rock with their cat/small dog? That'd be cool :)

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 240 Member
    The toddler is so cute <3<3<3
  • KatherineB78KatherineB78 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know it would be difficult, but I agree that being able to rock a baby in it would be fantastic. Also will pets use it, because I used to have a dog that jumped onto a rocking chair once and completely freaked out!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,067 Member
    Glad the design will be updated in the final version. That flat cushion looked weird.

I'm glad that elders and toddlers/children haven't been forgotten and will actually be able to interact with the rocking chair. I hope soon we'll hear about the actual knitting process and especially children and toddlers knitting.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,096 Member
    OMG, I love that children and toddlers can play in them haha I used to do that when I was a kid.

anyway, here's my feedback: I hated that the pet beds in C&D was 2D, don't do that to the cushion in the rocking chair.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 569 Member
    Would love to know if pets can interact with it. And I would love to see more rocking chairs in the future.
    I do let's plays, builds and cas on my Channel

Check out my twitter and tumblr

3BWwFwh.jpg
  • RouenpucelleRouenpucelle Posts: 1,420 Member
    This pack is shaping up to be wonderful! Great work on the rocking chair, and including interactions for elders and for toddlers! I love the sneak peek! Can't wait to get this pack!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 169 Member
    They look great and I have been wanting rocking chairs, can't wait to get them.

bears.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,653 Member
    Looks good so far.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 198 Member
    I love these updates, it's really great to see work going on! Also, these new animations are amazing - I love the scene with the sims rocking on their chairs on their veranda.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 26 Member
    This was a fun and interesting read. The animations look great, I love the toddler one! ❤
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 57 Member
    Looking good. Would love to see clumsy sims falling off. Or, see dogs clumsily get on the chair while cats get on gracefully. Toddler animation is really cute!!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 2,457 Member
    Loving the rocking chair animations. I wonder if there will also be an animation for a sim to rock with a small pet in their lap?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios