Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 on Origin

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims Franchise Discussion
The sims 2 is my favorite sims game in the series. Please make it available on origin. I have a newer laptop so it won't handle older Sims games like TS1 and TS2. I can play TS3, The Sims Medieval, and of course TS4 ok. I won't mind paying $40 to play my favorite sims game. Do other people agree with me about bringing TS2 to origin? We shoyld start a petition.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    They did at one point have it available, but it was a one time thing, not sure if they will do it again. However, I did get a digital copy from ebay that has the complete collection in one download if you want to check it out. This is the one I bought https://tinyurl.com/ycwypywp if you look around at others don't get the ones that mention Origin unless it says you can use your own ID because there are some that give you their ID and Password so you are paying to use their game, not getting your own game.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm eagerly waiting for Origin to include The Sims in their library.

You can get The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection by contacting a representative on Origin. They'll ask for an activation code if you have any of TS2 cases. That's how I got mine 4 years ago.

I've read that it might be possible to request a copy without having a code. It's worth a try. The game runs fine after doing some graphic adjustments.

Here's an article with workarounds for the common graphic issues when playing on advance systems:

https://simscommunity.info/2016/04/27/the-sims-2-setting-up-the-resolution-windowed-mode-smooth-edges-sim-shadows/

Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    I didn't discover Sims until right after TS3 first came out. I've always been curious to find a copy of some of the older editions. If Origin offered TS1 and/or TS2, I'd definitely buy.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If your on Mac it’s in the App Store, the whole sims 2 collection. But they gave it free a few years back, I got it from there, and even then contacting customer support and asking for it, they’d give it to you for free, but that stopped. Even if you have proof or purchase they won’t give it. I have seen on Reddit ppl say where you can get it for free, but I never done it. Something old hardware games.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Unless you managed to get a code for the ultimate collection, they’re probably never gonna add it to Origin. There’s still other ways to find and buy the game, if you’re really interested in getting it
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    @AquariusMom You either buy it online or download the ultimate version. The only downside are the poor scenery textures.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I'm eagerly waiting for Origin to include The Sims in their library.

You can get The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection by contacting a representative on Origin. They'll ask for an activation code if you have any of TS2 cases. That's how I got mine 4 years ago.

I've read that it might be possible to request a copy without having a code. It's worth a try. The game runs fine after doing some graphic adjustments.

Here's an article with workarounds for the common graphic issues when playing on advance systems:

https://simscommunity.info/2016/04/27/the-sims-2-setting-up-the-resolution-windowed-mode-smooth-edges-sim-shadows/

Unfortunately, I sold all My TS2 games several years ago when they were no longer playable. So, not sure how to get a code. I see them selling for cheap on ebay so I can look into it.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I was able to get it through Origin, since I had purchased something for it online. That was a rare thing for me to do back then. I have all of Sims2 on disk, but they offered a Holiday SP, I think it was and I had no easy way to get out to the store to purchase it and just didn't wish to wait. It's a good thing. I lent my Base game disk(s) to my daughter-in-law while they were living with us, and my baby grandson had discovered how to open up the disk drawer on his mommy's laptop. Suffice it to say, he thrashed my disk. :open_mouth: That made me sad, as I had a hankering to play that game again. Delighted when EA made the Ultimate Sims 2 Collection available for free to those of us who had purchased a downloadable pack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »

Unfortunately there was an announcement in 2018 where EA announced they will no longer give away free copies. :'(

announcement on this forum

article on sims community
    I linked the article because they state there will no longer be free codes because it was too popular. I think this might be the case, ea of course prefers people buying their newer games. If only they would make sims 2 available for purchase, they would see people are still interested.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wish they would along with the Sims 1 too. They are such fun games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wish they would along with the Sims 1 too. They are such fun games.

I totally agree. It doesn't have to be free, I would be willing to pay for it again. I wish I could play it again but my current pc is too new and doesn't have a disc drive.
  • natromanoffnatromanoff Posts: 2 New Member
    hey guys, couple of days ago I was wondering if I could play the sims 2 again but when I played it, it was even more than 10 years ago so I don't have it on Origin. and I cannot find any other way to download it somewhere on the internet. it feels like nothing works. plus; I have a MacBook now which is, even if I could download it online, there is a high chance of the game not working on my computer. I don't know if I could find any way to find and play it.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    hey guys, couple of days ago I was wondering if I could play the sims 2 again but when I played it, it was even more than 10 years ago so I don't have it on Origin. and I cannot find any other way to download it somewhere on the internet. it feels like nothing works. plus; I have a MacBook now which is, even if I could download it online, there is a high chance of the game not working on my computer. I don't know if I could find any way to find and play it.

It's no longer supported. You'd have to find the discs used and even then people seem to have varied success in getting it to run. If you already have all of the discs, you might be able to contact EA and they might be able to provide a digital copy instead, but I think they've stopped that program too.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I have all The Sims 1 original boxes but the CD-Rom doesn't work anymore on Windows 10 (setup won't load). I was able to download the Ultimate Collection and after some tweaks now it works pretty much flawless on 1920x1080 resolution (you just can't tab out or the graphics will glitch). I didn't try The Sims 2 though.

I wish they would add them both on Origin, without having to adjust the .exe files or resolution, I would pay something for it even if I have all the original boxes.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Definitely something I would pay good money for, TS2 is my favourite out of all the franchise! Gutted I never got a free digital copy when they were offering it out because I have nearly all the disks with their old activation codes still sitting around next to the PC.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    DocPrivas wrote: »
    I have all The Sims 1 original boxes but the CD-Rom doesn't work anymore on Windows 10 (setup won't load). I was able to download the Ultimate Collection and after some tweaks now it works pretty much flawless on 1920x1080 resolution (you just can't tab out or the graphics will glitch). I didn't try The Sims 2 though.

I wish they would add them both on Origin, without having to adjust the .exe files or resolution, I would pay something for it even if I have all the original boxes.

I'd pay for this and TS2 again just so they would work. They were both so much fun!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have TS2 on my iMac.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    The sims 2 is my favorite sims game in the series. Please make it available on origin. I have a newer laptop so it won't handle older Sims games like TS1 and TS2. I can play TS3, The Sims Medieval, and of course TS4 ok. I won't mind paying $40 to play my favorite sims game. Do other people agree with me about bringing TS2 to origin? We shoyld start a petition.

I know you mentioned sims 4 on the post, but this post should have probably been posted in the Sims 2 category.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • natromanoffnatromanoff Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Camkat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's no longer supported. You'd have to find the discs used and even then people seem to have varied success in getting it to run. If you already have all of the discs, you might be able to contact EA and they might be able to provide a digital copy instead, but I think they've stopped that program too.

yeah, sadly when the game came out I was a kid and my mom bought me the games. and now I don't have anything that I can show EA as a proof that I used to was an owner of the games. so I don't think I will be able to play it now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Do you have any of the CD cases or the little booklets that were inside? Depending on the pack, that's were the long codes were. If you have codes, that should be proof.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I would love to have both The Sims 1 and 2 on origin and steam aswell.