Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the first challenge you did?

I'm looking for an easy first challenges to do. Currently I'm doing NotSoBerry Challenge but I'm on my 2nd Mint gen Sim and if they die then I may start another one Before trying the NSB one again. So my two question are....

1) What was the 1st - Sims 4 challenge you did? And Why?
2) Did you complete the challenge?
Sims4 ID: LaynieJ

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I only do one challenge per iteration. That's Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. I like the 'rules' that are applied. I first did this challenge with Sims2, where I started my Sims Odyssey. Prior to my taking up that challenge, I always played with autonomy off. Big mistake, I learned in the long run. Never once in the entire time I played that game (and I became addicted rather swiftly, too) and played several hours every day of the week, did I have a Sim swing from the fridge out of boredom. I completed the challenge and in the course of it, I had many 'firsts' occur in my game. A male Sim was abducted by aliens and (drum-roll, please) he came back preggars! (There were points for that if memory serves.) Since then, I've made it a point to play that challenge in each iteration. Sadly, I did not complete the Sims 3 version. My young heiress had the Gold Digger aspiration and she ended up stealing her auntie's life-long unrequited love-interest. She managed to get preggars (the niece) forcing the very rich Sim to marry her, and from then on plotted ways to put an end to the old Geezer's life to fulfill said aspiration. She tried to drown him by removing the ladder from the swimming pool, but he just kept climbing back out of the side. (Heretofore, a Sim couldn't do that. :O) Before I could resolve the situation I experienced a catastrophic health event and ended up in the hospital in another state for about three weeks. Even when I was allowed to travel back via car to the state I was living and still live, it was not to go home to my house, but to stay at a facility akin to a Convalescent hospital for another two weeks. Got out just prior to Thanksgiving. I made the decision to finish the mini-series in my siggie by treating it like a job. Every morning I carefully climbed the stairs to reach my loft office and ignoring my emails, this forum, and my game, I wrote all day long. About ten months later the story was finally done. Yay. All of this to say, that by the time I got back to my Challenge save, I had quite forgotten what I was doing, where my Sims were going. In other words, I was so totally detached I was too overwhelmed to even pick up where I'd left off, which honestly I couldn't remember where I'd left off. LOL So, that's the only one I didn't complete.

I remember anxiously awaiting a Legacy Challenge for Sims4 and not long after the game launched Pinstar and his now wife, had it up and running. I began mine in Oct. or Nov. 2014. I messed up bad due to not rereading the heir rules and not recalling that there was a codicil if the would be heir didn't have the trait (something I had chosen myself to be one of the three things to chose an heir by) and how I could resolve it. smh Instead, I moved him out of the household, (a major league no-no in this challenge). I was going to recreate my second generation, instead, but that's when I discovered that the walk-bys were one of a kind and they didn't regenerate. My Founder's wife had died in the game. :open_mouth: I was so very discouraged at that moment that I deleted the save as I did in Sims 3. (Yeah, sometimes I'm too rash.) About a year later I decided to throw caution to the wind, and I restarted my Legacy Challenge. I kept my Founder Sim as I really liked his backstory. I was now emotionally ready for this Challenge. So, I went into my blog post and deleted all of the chapters from the old defunct challenge and then instead of copying and saving the backstory part I wanted to keep to post it anew, I just deleted the parts that no longer applied and picked things up from there. That's why that one chapter has the year 2014 as the date it was posted. The rest were from 2015, I believe. It took a year to complete, but that's mostly because I still wasn't playing this game everyday as I did Sims2 & 3. I'm playing that way, now, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Had my pretty sim meet, fall-in-love, marry a handsome sim at a venue, then have her husband drown in a pool & start all over again with another guy. I did this five times so she can get the married a sim in different lots reward & the black widow reward. My sim is a vixen. Lol.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Does "don't use cheats" count as a challenge? XP

Other than that, I've done quite some rags to riches "challenges". It makes the game a lot more fun to play.

Can't really think of actual challenges I've done though.

The rags to riches challenges were definitely a success, currently 5 generations or so in that family tree
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think it was Build Newcrest or SuperSim. I never finished any official challenge I started. Though I had a supersim after all. I always start to play on an empty lot with zero money. It is fun. But I don't like to follow any rules because I find them limiting and I just want to play like how I feel to play. I never use cheats.
    Currently I am trying to reach 10 generations. I am at gen 6. It will take me a while because I play rotationally.

Now I remember that once I played uglacy and I would have even completed it but when I got first normal color skin offspring (previous were red) the child burnt to death because there was a bug where he couldnt extinguish himself :( Nor could anyone else.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I play legacies and try to get them to the 10th generation. I got inspired by the legacy challenge but i don't follow any rule at all.
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member

The Drifter Challenge or 7 Toddler Challenge, i watched some let's play videos on YouTube and thought the challenges were interesting
    i have only completed the 100 baby challenge

http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/ the drifter challenge
    https://sims-online.com/sims-4-play-challenge-grow-up-7-toddlers/ 7 toddler challenge
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Learning the basics of the game was my first challenge. And it was quite a challenge!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited May 2020
    My first challenge was an asylum challenge. I saw someone doing it on YouTube and it seemed fun. It was fun until my favorite asylum patient died, he peed in his pants and died of embarrassment. I didn't complete the challenge because I didn't like it anymore and I deleted it. :/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    1. 100 Baby Challenge
    2. Yes I completed it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    One of the orphanage challenge variants for Sims 2. It's not beginner friendly, seeing that you start with 15 wards and get another orphan each monday. After the first session I had a headache and wanted to throw the towel, but I returned and worked my way through. Technically I didn't finish it, because it ends when the orphanage keepers die and mine were mid-elder stage when I stopped playing this neighborhood (I don't remember why). But I hadn't any kids taken away, they all aged up gold or platinium and the orphanage looked decent in the end, so I think I did well.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The Room Challenge - I completed it a couple times, the first time not long after TS4 was released. I liked the idea of it because it involved just one Sim and was kind of like a Rags to Riches challenge, which I absolutely love to play and had played several times in TS2. The idea was to get one YA Sim locked in a house so they can't go anywhere, no job and no visitors to work their way up to completing the Mansion Baron aspiration. Plus, the house could only be so big and they start out with only so many skill objects. It was a lot of fun for a first challenge. :)

Since then I've played numerous (too many to list) other challenges and completed a lot of them. I'm a challenge addict! lol I'm currently playing The Drifter Challenge in House 03 of 24 different houses in the challenge. I love it because it's kind of a combination of a legacy and Rags to Riches with different goals for each house using the first born as 'heir' from the previous house to begin the next house, with 0 funds. It's brilliant because you can either try playing all 24 houses in succession or pick and choose any house as an independent challenge if you wish. <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've started many challenges but most just take too long for me and just become not fun. I break the rules or go my own way and make my own.

The only challenge I ever completed as is is the Trade Off Challenge. Basically you are playing two almost roomates that are opposites but can only play one each week. You play them for about a sim year and complete certain goals ... like getting so many skills and getting to the top of your job. It was fun to me because it was funny to watch the non controlled sim or to try to guide them if you could a little. It was also fun to play with traits I might not usually play with through that. I had a lot of fun because it was fun but also because I saw an end to it.
    Here's the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955171/trade-off-ts4-game-play-challenge-by-eqcreations/p1
    egTcBMc.png
  • Planet_Pug_SimzPlanet_Pug_Simz Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried 100 baby challenge and legacy. I’m currently doing not so berry and decades challenge. Hope this helps!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    1) rags to riches
    2) 7 toddlers
    3) only whims
    4) The Merkland Challenge
    And
    Many more ...

Actually, the first challenge I did in the Sims 4 was nothing official. It involved the serial romantic aspiration. Can not remember what it was called. Simmers were doing it to keep busy and off the forum when the game first came out to avoid the no pools drama!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm in the middle of the decades challenge by zombiecleo
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I did Rags To Riches because it sounded fun and like it was something I could do, some of the other challenges intimidated me with complexity or the length of time needed to play them out. It was fun, fairly easy once I figured out how to make money and it didn't take a long time to play it through. I did complete it.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I only recently decided to do black widow as my first challenge, but I lost a lot of progress when my game crashed and I deleted that entire save in anger lol; I think I want to start over with a different sim, though. It was fun.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Planet_Pug_Simz Decades challenge sounds fun! I am planning on recreating it for Europe.

If anyone is interested in legacy-ish challenges than you can look up a challenge called Differences in the Family Tree. It is an interesting challenge and it sounds very fun.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    My first was a Teen on the run. Teens couldn't live alone in previous games, so this was a very interesting consept for me. It was tough, he had to juggle school, making money to feed himself and his first aspiration. it took some time, but it was a lot of fun. Sadly, I have lost that save after I finished the challenge.

I'm most interested in challenges with very simple rules, ones I don't have to constantly look up. Rags2Riches, Teen on the run and Abandoned kids are 3 I've done.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2020
    Until I joined this forum I didn’t even know about challenges. I have tried the rags to riches and found it very boring and abandoned it. That was my first challenge I tried. Since then I have not done any other gameplay challenges as none of them interest me. The first challenge I actually completed was the solid build challenge. I much prefer the build challenges as they improve my building skills and take me out of my comfort zone.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The first one I did was the 'Differences in the Family Tree' challenge, and I was really enjoying it until I accidentally deleted the save :# I didn't have the heart to start over. The only one I've ever completed is the 'Not so Berry' one, and I'm about two-thirds through the 'I'm a Lover' challenge (gen 7).
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't really do challenges that aren't build ones but gameplay: rags to riches. I've done that one twice, once for Cats&Dogs and once for Get Famous, with the end objectives being having a successful vet clinic and being a superstar, respectively.

I love it because it lets me go through a specific pack's features bit by bit.
  • Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you Thank you everyone for all your responses! I wasnt expecting this many! If she dies before finishing the Scientist career (7/10 now). I may start one of these mentioned here that was posted!
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Starter Home Challenge.

Simply build a house that's within an affordable budget (which is quite harder than expected). It must be nicely furnished, evenly decorated, and cheap enough so that your sims won't struggle.

It's a super fun challenge if you're not much into building. It's like taking baby steps. :) The more energy you put into your work, the better the results will be.

So far I've made some pretty good lots because of it and look foward to see my next big challenge.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Learning the basics of the game was my first challenge. And it was quite a challenge!

Yeah, I love to build houses, although I admit I'm not nearly as skilled as some others on this site, but learning how to use this new system really was hard for me to grasp. LOL I love it, now.

Just learning the ins and outs is hard enough. Try switching from Sims4 back to either Sims3, o2 or both!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/