Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bigger worlds at the expense of Old Saves

13...Next

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    garapoes wrote: »
    I really don't get it. The biggest complain about the Sims 4 is the neighborhood and then you get the chance to change it and you vote no? But maybe I don't understand it because I don't have big save files, I always start over because the game is boring AF.

Because voting yes means I get rid of a years worth of work and relationships with my Sims. It means getting rid of all of my sims and saves that I have painstakingly put together.

If they are going to make the current worlds bigger, they need to do it in a way that will protect what's already there, or I don't want it.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    No
    No, I dont want that at all. That would ruin the game for anyone playing a generational legacy family line.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    No
    I really don't get it. The biggest complain about the Sims 4 is the neighborhood and then you get the chance to change it and you vote no? But maybe I don't understand it because I don't have big save files, I always start over because the game is boring AF.

This whole thread is based off a false premise anyway. The size of worlds has absolutely nothing to do with save files.

The total number of lots (across all worlds) in a save meanwhile can directly affect loading times/performance. So a better question is: do you want bigger worlds, if you're only allowed to access one world per save?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    No
    A very difficult dilemma. But I don't want to loose all my played saves to let my sims swim in the ocean.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No
    elelunicy wrote: »

This whole thread is based off a false premise anyway. The size of worlds has absolutely nothing to do with save files.

The total number of lots (across all worlds) in a save meanwhile can directly affect loading times/performance. So a better question is: do you want bigger worlds, if you're only allowed to access one world per save?

To that question my answer would be absolutely no. While I could consider sacrificing my save that I've played since the start, I would never sacrifice being able to travel to all worlds!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Seeing as Sims have no memories I really dont care if my saves were lost as long as I had my Sims and homes all saved. Would love to see a big update that added swimmable water, working roads, more lots on smaller worlds and the police station and hospital on the map which should have happened with Get to Work. They should do this with that survey option that had a mayor and add a city hall with one added to each world givng players the control for once making every world unique how we want them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    if we want our OLD DLC to have bigger worlds, we'd also have to accept starting over on those worlds.

Where did you read this? Is it possible that it means in order to reprogram and redesign the worlds, everyone's saves would get messed up? And did this person work for Maxis or was maybe a modder?

Although, IIRC in the Sims 3, the original base game just had a few empty lots and a later patch allowed players to place new lots on the map.

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Yes
    They added new lots and expanded the neighbourhood on sims mobile without messing up players progress so why couldn't they for the sims 4? They use the same engine....
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    They added new lots and expanded the neighbourhood on sims mobile without messing up players progress so why couldn't they for the sims 4? They use the same engine....

Well it is a far smaller world...

On the other hand, maybe that's a good thing?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Yes
    Saw a tweet earlier that they have just added stairs and second floor sin sims mobile, and they need to be unlocked to be able to use them. I don't want sims mobile to be standard of excellence for TS4. Both games are fun in their ow way, but they serve a different purpose and different audience.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I only ever played one save since the start of the game. It would be the worst to lose it