Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found a mention of Sims 5

2...Next

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If it's multiplayer, I'm out.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Thanks @Scobre for your reply.

If what TS5 holds are true microtransactions vs. a TS3-type store, then, for me, that would be a disappointment to say the least. I saw the TS3 store as providing some decent content that added to the game, while I see true microtransactions as almost required in order to fully experience the game itself.

I did, however, grow frustrated with the TS3 store too, because there's just no way to afford (or rationalize to pay) that much money for content (good as much of it was imo); it was very expensive. I guess one could say the same in relation to all of the packs, but the sheer amount of stuff on the TS3 store and how they'd charge for new worlds, themed sets, clothing bundles, objects with new gameplay and animations, made adding cool content cost-prohibitive.

I do get that the game company can make a ton more money that way though.

I felt one also had to buy the store stuff often to get the full details of the game, and i hated that you had to get the points so if you wanted one item you either had left over ones or not enough and then you had left overs and all that... yes worlds, themes, special clothing... like the venice world, or the farming things, or cafees or bakery or the wedding pack and all that... and so many new gameplay things and animations... like they had the island with all those spa things in the store...

That's not true. There's nothing at the Sims 3 Store that you would need to get the full details of the game. All the gameplay that you'll ever need come from basegame and the EPs. You don't even need the stuff packs!

Tell me which items in the Sims 3 Store that you think you need to get the full details of the game as the things that you already mentioned are not required to get the full gameplay.

Plus you can just get free CCs and mods from the exchange or other websites. A lot of it is just as good or better than what you find at the Sims 3 Store.

Also, people who hate the store never mention that you can get most of those things on sale. I've never had to pay full price for any of the things I bought from there. I've got most everything from the Daily Deals (up to 70%) and Make-A-Deal (bought only things that were 40% or higher). There's also gift giving and giveaways.

If you don't like it fine, but don't make up stuff about it that isn't true to try to discourage people from shopping there.

-=<*>=-

One of the things I most often see in the TS4 crowd is that they will buy a whole EP, GP or SP even though they don't want them because they saw one or a few things from it that they want. That I think is worse than the Sims 3 Store, because at least you can buy what you want specifically from the Sims 3 store and it won't cost as much as buying a whole pack like in TS4.

I really hated the TS3 Store, monetizing things I felt belonged in EPs or stuff packs. But with that said, I didn't mind when I was gifted things on my wish lists..ROFL, and or when I was able to get a daily deal and or when I gifted someone else something they wanted. I just didn't like the arguments that it wasn't 'real' money if you spent Simpoints....uh, I still had to buy those at $20 a pop. So, yeah, the store has some bad elements of kachinging the public and some actual deals and ways to get stuff for free (watch ads) and generious players who had left over Simpoints. By the time TS3 ended, I don't think I hated the idea of store as much as I did when it was first implemented. Even I threw some mad money at it. :D But what you say is true, cc in some cases is even better and never from a paysite.

The way I see it, they made A LOT of stuff for TS3 - I think more than for any other iteration. So much so, that if they did add those things to the EPs, the EPs would have cost a whole lot more. There would also be many more stuff packs! So I think the Sims 3 Store was a good idea, because you're given the choice of buying one, a few, or a whole set if you wish. I agree that without the sales, those things can be pretty pricey, but it just needs a lot of patience to wait for the things you want to go on sale. On top of that, people should also watch for when simpoints go on sale - it doesn't occur very often, but those are a great deal when they're on!

There are some mods too that can be used instead of things from the store. There are some pretty great mods that you can use instead of the Sims 3 Store bakery set for example. I use Ani's mod, Produce Stand, which can sell anything, including meals and desserts. I also love Icemunmun's dessert mods that allows you to bake a whole lot of baked goods.

And unlike what someone else said, no one really NEEDED the things from the Sims 3 Store. While I was waiting for the things I wanted to go on sale, I was still playing TS3 with what the game already had and still having a ton of fun - I didn't stop playing it or having less fun just because I didn't have the things I wanted from the store.

-=<*>=-

Also, when TS2 came out, did you ever buy anything from the Sims 2 Store? That was when digital stores for digital items were still new. I was too afraid to buy anything from that at the time. Did you?

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member

If what TS5 holds are true microtransactions vs. a TS3-type store, then, for me, that would be a disappointment to say the least. I saw the TS3 store as providing some decent content that added to the game, while I see true microtransactions as almost required in order to fully experience the game itself.

I did, however, grow frustrated with the TS3 store too, because there's just no way to afford (or rationalize to pay) that much money for content (good as much of it was imo); it was very expensive. I guess one could say the same in relation to all of the packs, but the sheer amount of stuff on the TS3 store and how they'd charge for new worlds, themed sets, clothing bundles, objects with new gameplay and animations, made adding cool content cost-prohibitive.

I felt one also had to buy the store stuff often to get the full details of the game, and i hated that you had to get the points so if you wanted one item you either had left over ones or not enough and then you had left overs and all that... yes worlds, themes, special clothing... like the venice world, or the farming things, or cafees or bakery or the wedding pack and all that... and so many new gameplay things and animations... like they had the island with all those spa things in the store...

That's not true. There's nothing at the Sims 3 Store that you would need to get the full details of the game. All the gameplay that you'll ever need come from basegame and the EPs. You don't even need the stuff packs!

Tell me which items in the Sims 3 Store that you think you need to get the full details of the game as the things that you already mentioned are not required to get the full gameplay.

Plus you can just get free CCs and mods from the exchange or other websites. A lot of it is just as good or better than what you find at the Sims 3 Store.

Also, people who hate the store never mention that you can get most of those things on sale. I've never had to pay full price for any of the things I bought from there. I've got most everything from the Daily Deals (up to 70%) and Make-A-Deal (bought only things that were 40% or higher). There's also gift giving and giveaways.

If you don't like it fine, but don't make up stuff about it that isn't true to try to discourage people from shopping there.

-=<*>=-

One of the things I most often see in the TS4 crowd is that they will buy a whole EP, GP or SP even though they don't want them because they saw one or a few things from it that they want. That I think is worse than the Sims 3 Store, because at least you can buy what you want specifically from the Sims 3 store and it won't cost as much as buying a whole pack like in TS4.

Sorry that was my experince and it was different than yours... and for the record i felt i needed to buy the theme park, bakery, venice place, another one was the Bunch place, old mill, and the island one for the sauna things to name a few, and it is far from everything i felt i had to get there... as there were a lot more... and those i wanted were hardly ever on sale, or they were in packs with things i didnt want so i had to either not get the sale price or buy the whole thing... and i never knew of gift giving or giveaways, because i was not in the community... thanks for your rudeness because i didnt have the same experince with the store as you... but mine was terrible... and i felt i didnt get half the things i wanted in expansions without the store... for the record i didnt play sims with friends or family, so who should i ask me to gift me things from the store... that would be no one, as they would laugh if i said i wanted objects from a online store for my game... there as with packs i can at least say i wish for this and this pack... so i am glad you had a wonderful experince with the store... i didnt...

I'm not the one being rude. It's just you then, isn't it, when you say NEED those things. Because you can still play the game since there are still so many other options, so many other ways to play the game without them. So they're really not required. Also, it's not anyone's fault if you couldn't wait for those things to go on sale when the Daily Deals and Make-a-Deal is so prominent on that website. It took me a long time to get everything (I still have a few more things I want to get), and so has everyone else who hasn't bought anything there at full price. Moreover, all the things you've mentioned, the bakery, theme park, etc. have been on sale at one time or another - you just have to watch for them. I used to visit it once or twice a day to see what was on sale (doesn't take but a few seconds to see what will be on sale). You could also get them cheaper if you already have some of the items from those sets (Complete-A-Set). Lastly, the sim points go on sale every once in a while - a good time to stock up on those.

I myself have never been gifted either or tried for a giveaway. I only knew about them when I joined this forum a couple of years back. I don't really needed to be gifted or go for the giveaways though, but that's what you could try for since you are a member of this forum (so now no excuse that you didn't know). You could also get good tips on shopping if you go the TS3 part of the forum - there's a whole section of it dedicated to the Sims 3 store.

And for you to say you didn't have a wonderful experience with the Sims 3 Store - I think the whole fiasco with TS4 is worse. You would have to buy a whole pack - no choice at all, unlike with the Sims 3 Store - of things you don't even want if you only want one or a few things from it. I think this is the major reason why they didn't open a store for TS4 - and the main reason why they didn't provide a color wheel or the ability to change an object's patterns. They wouldn't make as much money from that.

You directly called me a liar but you are not being rude... ? okay... I never said anyone couldn't use the store like you accused me of... i just had a bad experince with it... i am glad you loved it so much and had a wonderful time with it... well my friends liked to have them as well... and were 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off they were not in packs and had to be brought this way... but lovely that you loved it... so i should check in there 2 times a day... lovely... but i am done with this we see the store differently... have fun with the store...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You shouldn't have to wait for something to go on sale to be a reasonable price.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Let's all focus on what's really important here: AC Valhalla & PS5 are coming holiday 2020 <3

And yeah, at some point in the distant future, so will TS5.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited May 2020
    they say early 2021 for the sims5 so this means if i go by probalilaty 99% chance its true unless they had a possible delay here the link https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/ question better or worsen the game i clearly went minus the gallery the sims5 to remain offline so now the time to act https://realsport101.com/sims/sims5/the-sims-5-online-new-features-multiplayer-plot-details-release-date-graphics/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited May 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to wait for something to go on sale to be a reasonable price.

Yeah, like with all the packs for The Sims 4, right? Lol! A lot of that stuff is not worth full price.

they say early 2021 for the sims5 so this means if i go by probalilaty 99% chance its true unless they had a possible delay here the link https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/ question better or worsen the game i clearly went minus the gallery the sims5 to remain offline so now the time to act https://realsport101.com/sims/sims5/the-sims-5-online-new-features-multiplayer-plot-details-release-date-graphics/

I don't trust that website. I don't know where they're getting their sources from. Maybe from their own wishful thinking?

been thinking the same thing also have my doubts will wait until an official annoucement is made @ClarionOfJoy
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm waiting for the Livestream but I'm still excited for Eco Lifestyle.

Y'know, I'm wondering if pollution will have an effect on how your seasons appear in-game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    good morning everyone,

i just found some new info on the sims5 via this link https://levelskip.com/simulation/Its-Confirmed-The-Sims-5-Is-In-Production

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

-=<*>=-

I really hated the TS3 Store, monetizing things I felt belonged in EPs or stuff packs. But with that said, I didn't mind when I was gifted things on my wish lists..ROFL, and or when I was able to get a daily deal and or when I gifted someone else something they wanted. I just didn't like the arguments that it wasn't 'real' money if you spent Simpoints....uh, I still had to buy those at $20 a pop. So, yeah, the store has some bad elements of kachinging the public and some actual deals and ways to get stuff for free (watch ads) and generious players who had left over Simpoints. By the time TS3 ended, I don't think I hated the idea of store as much as I did when it was first implemented. Even I threw some mad money at it. :D But what you say is true, cc in some cases is even better and never from a paysite.

The way I see it, they made A LOT of stuff for TS3 - I think more than for any other iteration. So much so, that if they did add those things to the EPs, the EPs would have cost a whole lot more. There would also be many more stuff packs! So I think the Sims 3 Store was a good idea, because you're given the choice of buying one, a few, or a whole set if you wish. I agree that without the sales, those things can be pretty pricey, but it just needs a lot of patience to wait for the things you want to go on sale. On top of that, people should also watch for when simpoints go on sale - it doesn't occur very often, but those are a great deal when they're on!

There are some mods too that can be used instead of things from the store. There are some pretty great mods that you can use instead of the Sims 3 Store bakery set for example. I use Ani's mod, Produce Stand, which can sell anything, including meals and desserts. I also love Icemunmun's dessert mods that allows you to bake a whole lot of baked goods.

And unlike what someone else said, no one really NEEDED the things from the Sims 3 Store. While I was waiting for the things I wanted to go on sale, I was still playing TS3 with what the game already had and still having a ton of fun - I didn't stop playing it or having less fun just because I didn't have the things I wanted from the store.

-=<*>=-

Also, when TS2 came out, did you ever buy anything from the Sims 2 Store? That was when digital stores for digital items were still new. I was too afraid to buy anything from that at the time. Did you?

No. I didn't want anything to do with the TS2 store (when it first started it was a good idea because it offered objects you could get if you didn't own a particular EP or stuff pack) but they went ahead and started making content we didn't have in an EP or SP and I was totally against that buggy comp packs that were known as TS2 Store Edition (game). Buggy beyond any cd of the base or eps.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

-=<*>=-

-=<*>=-

No. I didn't want anything to do with the TS2 store (when it first started it was a good idea because it offered objects you could get if you didn't own a particular EP or stuff pack) but they went ahead and started making content we didn't have in an EP or SP and I was totally against that buggy comp packs that were known as TS2 Store Edition (game). Buggy beyond any cd of the base or eps.

Ah, I didn't know they were buggy! I guess that's why they didn't add those things to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Thanks for letting me know!

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am often criticizing CEOs for "Not having a single clue about their company, their customers, or their products. Seems Andrew Wilson is Exhibit A in that discussion. "Social interaction and competition", "cloud-enabled world", and "subscription-based". What does he think the Sims franchise is--some kind of freemium mobile game? I think he might have it mixed up with Freeplay! That being said, if all these rumors turn out to be true, I feel the competition in development may be very successful; as they seem to know what went wrong (and has always been missing) in The Sims franchise, and cater to that.

Subscription-based services. No way, Jose. I like to pay for a game and have it permanently, not having to pay every month. I don't need online-always connectivity. Didn't they learn when Sim City 2013 flopped? I don't want to invest any money in a game that may become useless in five years. Not counting the forums here, I don't really care at all for "social interaction" in my game. The only "people" my Sim interacts with are other Sims. While quite a few of my Sims are based on models from online retailers, people from stock photos, characters from TV, books, and film (nearly all Gallery Sims). I don't know any of the people my Sims are based on personally, and for the most part, don't even know who they are.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I am often criticizing CEOs for "Not having a single clue about their company, their customers, or their products. Seems Andrew Wilson is Exhibit A in that discussion. "Social interaction and competition", "cloud-enabled world", and "subscription-based". What does he think the Sims franchise is--some kind of freemium mobile game? I think he might have it mixed up with Freeplay! That being said, if all these rumors turn out to be true, I feel the competition in development may be very successful; as they seem to know what went wrong (and has always been missing) in The Sims franchise, and cater to that.

Subscription-based services. No way, Jose. I like to pay for a game and have it permanently, not having to pay every month. I don't need online-always connectivity. Didn't they learn when Sim City 2013 flopped? I don't want to invest any money in a game that may become useless in five years. Not counting the forums here, I don't really care at all for "social interaction" in my game. The only "people" my Sim interacts with are other Sims. While quite a few of my Sims are based on models from online retailers, people from stock photos, characters from TV, books, and film (nearly all Gallery Sims). I don't know any of the people my Sims are based on personally, and for the most part, don't even know who they are.

I feel The Sims should never been turned into some competitive game. It's why we moan when we see so many who enjoy other genres come to The Sims and expect it to work like any other online mmo or competitive game. They have thousands of those, let Sims be Sims and not venture out into the competitive world of those who actually prefer rpgs and want all those things in The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    very well said @Cinebar i fully agree 200% with your post

• EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've gone ahead and closed the thread due to it going off-topic. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top