March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found a mention of Sims 5

I was looking up some information about the upcoming Xbox X series and was curious about a list of games that will be for it, and they mentioned Sims 5. Here is the link to the article from IGN.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/Xbox_Series_X_List_of_Games_-_Rumored_and_Confirmed#List_of_Rumored_Series_X_Games

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Note the 'TBA' date. What this means is that IF there's a Sims 5, it will also be coming out on the X-Box 5, which surprises nobody at this point because Sims 4 is now out on multiple platforms. You're looking at a site desperate for approval from its X-Box overlords.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    more so the title says rumors as the first word... it isnt an official site, it is a speculation site... of course they mention it considering some of the EA top have sometimes mentioned it (the multiplayer interview) ...
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    "rumored"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited May 2020
    FY20 Q4, strange comment of Andrew Wilson
    You'll continue to see us launch games on a multiyear basis. Things like Battlefield or some of our titles out of Dragon Age would
    be a good example of that. You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.

Which could mean if TS4 isn't over at the end of 2020, it will be extended by 5 or 6 years.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    With things as they are - EA's beloved FIFA may have problems when all football is cancelled - I just don't see EA spending money dragging together a new Sims game right now when they can continue safely making a bundle from Sims 4 Packs.

This is all speculation - like IF we get a Sims 5 they'll make it multi-player (and use that as an excuse to have it Online).
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member

That list is made and edited by readers, not being directly pulled from any specific or accurate source.

If you scroll down on the above link, there's another link to an article that mentions Sims having online content "in the years to come." So it's all vague and as it's already been said here, will likely be something online in some way or another.

Sims 4 has a lot of life left in it.
    a63ftuN.png
    In my opinion, 'Multiplayer' will probably mean "visiting another character's town as long as they're playing. Also, an Online Store with a disgustingly high number of items, the usable ones being expensive and the CAS being released on a level of CC".
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    In my opinion, 'Multiplayer' will probably mean "visiting another character's town as long as they're playing. Also, an Online Store with a disgustingly high number of items, the usable ones being expensive and the CAS being released on a level of CC".

Sounds exactly like my fear of TS5. It may very well become an overglorified FreePlay. The only thing FreePlay ever did was sell me on the regular Sims games due to it being a freemium mobile game.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I have to admit that being a fan since sims 1 came out, I don't think I will buy sims 5. I just don't want to buy everything all over again.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Interesting find @LaBlue0314 .

I know there are some rumors going around that TS5 will be multiplayer. My initial reaction was "No, thank you very much." But after seeing the multiplayer mod floating around for TS4, I can see it being a viable option -- so long as it remains an option. I will also add that I will likely never use that option, but I'm sure others would enjoy it.

My greatest fear of having a multiplayer option is that TS5 would be built and released in a much reduced and limited capacity in order to support actual online play.

It would be interesting to know what current Sim players would want most of all in TS5. Or are future, potentially new Simmers the main target upon each new release of the franchise? I guess what I'm most curious about is if the key feature of TS5 will be that online/multiplayer experience (if at all), or the deep but quirky simulation it has potential to be? Can it be both?

I guess we will see.

I too am not a fan of this type of content, but wouldn't this system work as the Store did for TS3? I seem to recall a bunch of complaints regarding that system, but it also seemed plenty of people enjoyed it too. And was there a reason TS4 didn't follow TS3's model (too many complaints about it?). Not being snarky here, I genuinely am interested in what people think about this given the history of similar systems. Thanks!
    SAEldarin wrote: »

I know there are some rumors going around that TS5 will be multiplayer. My initial reaction was "No, thank you very much." But after seeing the multiplayer mod floating around for TS4, I can see it being a viable option -- so long as it remains an option. I will also add that I will likely never use that option, but I'm sure others would enjoy it.

My greatest fear of having a multiplayer option is that TS5 would be built and released in a much reduced and limited capacity in order to support actual online play.

It would be interesting to know what current Sim players would want most of all in TS5. Or are future, potentially new Simmers the main target upon each new release of the franchise? I guess what I'm most curious about is if the key feature of TS5 will be that online/multiplayer experience (if at all), or the deep but quirky simulation it has potential to be? Can it be both?

I guess we will see.

I expect it is the next generation that will be the target, it normally is like that with games...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    me will need more info and will the sims5 truly be online i have my doubts on that as a player so will be watching out for more info i apolige for the french word here but as they say in my language (*c'est a suivre) since i do not know the excat english term for the word i use
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited May 2020

I guess we will see.

I expect it is the next generation that will be the target, it normally is like that with games...

@ladybugjosie23

I've always felt that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games marketed to existing players too. But, you don't think that's the case with Sims? I mean, I do get that any game company would want new players...but I appreciate Bethesda's interest in putting in details that bring forward the lore and fun of the previous games that former plays know and love.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I too am not a fan of this type of content, but wouldn't this system work as the Store did for TS3? I seem to recall a bunch of complaints regarding that system, but it also seemed plenty of people enjoyed it too. And was there a reason TS4 didn't follow TS3's model (too many complaints about it?). Not being snarky here, I genuinely am interested in what people think about this given the history of similar systems. Thanks!
    Oh it is worst than the Sims 3 store. I think even that was an experiment for the Sims 4 originally being online attempt. Sims Freeplay, Sims Mobile, and Sims Social were all full of microtransactions. I just don't understand they have 2 online mobile games going already. Why do they have to bring it to the Sims 5 too? Just feels like a waste of time and money to me. SimCity servers couldn't even handle the traffic of its players.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Thanks @Scobre for your reply.

If what TS5 holds are true microtransactions vs. a TS3-type store, then, for me, that would be a disappointment to say the least. I saw the TS3 store as providing some decent content that added to the game, while I see true microtransactions as almost required in order to fully experience the game itself.

I did, however, grow frustrated with the TS3 store too, because there's just no way to afford (or rationalize to pay) that much money for content (good as much of it was imo); it was very expensive. I guess one could say the same in relation to all of the packs, but the sheer amount of stuff on the TS3 store and how they'd charge for new worlds, themed sets, clothing bundles, objects with new gameplay and animations, made adding cool content cost-prohibitive.

I do get that the game company can make a ton more money that way though.

I guess we will see.

@ladybugjosie23

I've always felt that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games marketed to existing players too. But, you don't think that's the case with Sims? I mean, I do get that any game company would want new players...but I appreciate Bethesda's interest in putting in details that bring forward the lore and fun of the previous games that former plays know and love.

As I dont play either of those games, nor is the sims produce by Bethesda. But no i dont really think so... i think there are sometimes small easter eggs for old school players, but i think it is mostly focused on the new market... the easter eggs can be the returning in game characters and small things... but in general i think they target new groups every time...

If what TS5 holds are true microtransactions vs. a TS3-type store, then, for me, that would be a disappointment to say the least. I saw the TS3 store as providing some decent content that added to the game, while I see true microtransactions as almost required in order to fully experience the game itself.

I did, however, grow frustrated with the TS3 store too, because there's just no way to afford (or rationalize to pay) that much money for content (good as much of it was imo); it was very expensive. I guess one could say the same in relation to all of the packs, but the sheer amount of stuff on the TS3 store and how they'd charge for new worlds, themed sets, clothing bundles, objects with new gameplay and animations, made adding cool content cost-prohibitive.

I felt one also had to buy the store stuff often to get the full details of the game, and i hated that you had to get the points so if you wanted one item you either had left over ones or not enough and then you had left overs and all that... yes worlds, themes, special clothing... like the venice world, or the farming things, or cafees or bakery or the wedding pack and all that... and so many new gameplay things and animations... like they had the island with all those spa things in the store...
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2020

I felt one also had to buy the store stuff often to get the full details of the game, and i hated that you had to get the points so if you wanted one item you either had left over ones or not enough and then you had left overs and all that... yes worlds, themes, special clothing... like the venice world, or the farming things, or cafees or bakery or the wedding pack and all that... and so many new gameplay things and animations... like they had the island with all those spa things in the store...

That's not true. There's nothing at the Sims 3 Store that you would need to get the full details of the game. All the gameplay that you'll ever need come from basegame and the EPs. You don't even need the stuff packs!

Tell me which items in the Sims 3 Store that you think you need to get the full details of the game as the things that you already mentioned are not required to get the full gameplay.

Plus you can just get free CCs and mods from the exchange or other websites. A lot of it is just as good or better than what you find at the Sims 3 Store.

Also, people who hate the store never mention that you can get most of those things on sale. I've never had to pay full price for any of the things I bought from there. I've got most everything from the Daily Deals (up to 70%) and Make-A-Deal (bought only things that were 40% or higher). There's also gift giving and giveaways.

If you don't like it fine, but don't make up stuff about it that isn't true to try to discourage people from shopping there.

-=<*>=-

One of the things I most often see in the TS4 crowd is that they will buy a whole EP, GP or SP even though they don't want them because they saw one or a few things from it that they want. That I think is worse than the Sims 3 Store, because at least you can buy what you want specifically from the Sims 3 store and it won't cost as much as buying a whole pack like in TS4.

• ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    If there comes a Sims 5, I have some serious questions about the multi-player stuff. For example, how's it going to work when you have less packs than others? Can you then not see certain items or not play together? Also, for the CC lovers, how's interacting with people who don't use CC going to function?

Also, why change to 5 when there's still so much we haven't had in Sims 4?
    I also heard something about 'competitive play'. Have you seen what EA does to competitive games? How do you 'compete' with house-building? You don't. You compete with spell-casting and sports and so on - and it sure does help to have expensive, high quality equipment to do well!

EA is apparently pushing for an engine that makes CC very difficult. Which emphasises that you will have to buy from a Store.

By 'new generation' they mean "Let's change things to what makes money."
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's not true. There's nothing at the Sims 3 Store that you would need to get the full details of the game. All the gameplay that you'll ever need come from basegame and the EPs. You don't even need the stuff packs!

Tell me which items in the Sims 3 Store that you think you need to get the full details of the game as the things that you already mentioned are not required to get the full gameplay.

Plus you can just get free CCs and mods from the exchange or other websites. A lot of it is just as good or better than what you find at the Sims 3 Store.

Also, people who hate the store never mention that you can get most of those things on sale. I've never had to pay full price for any of the things I bought from there. I've got most everything from the Daily Deals (up to 70%) and Make-A-Deal (bought only things that were 40% or higher). There's also gift giving and giveaways.

If you don't like it fine, but don't make up stuff about it that isn't true to try to discourage people from shopping there.

-=<*>=-

One of the things I most often see in the TS4 crowd is that they will buy a whole EP, GP or SP even though they don't want them because they saw one or a few things from it that they want. That I think is worse than the Sims 3 Store, because at least you can buy what you want specifically from the Sims 3 store and it won't cost as much as buying a whole pack like in TS4.

I really hated the TS3 Store, monetizing things I felt belonged in EPs or stuff packs. But with that said, I didn't mind when I was gifted things on my wish lists..ROFL, and or when I was able to get a daily deal and or when I gifted someone else something they wanted. I just didn't like the arguments that it wasn't 'real' money if you spent Simpoints....uh, I still had to buy those at $20 a pop. So, yeah, the store has some bad elements of kachinging the public and some actual deals and ways to get stuff for free (watch ads) and generious players who had left over Simpoints. By the time TS3 ended, I don't think I hated the idea of store as much as I did when it was first implemented. Even I threw some mad money at it. :D But what you say is true, cc in some cases is even better and never from a paysite.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2020

-=<*>=-

Sorry that was my experince and it was different than yours... and for the record i felt i needed to buy the theme park, bakery, venice place, another one was the Bunch place, old mill, and the island one for the sauna things to name a few, and it is far from everything i felt i had to get there... as there were a lot more... and those i wanted were hardly ever on sale, or they were in packs with things i didnt want so i had to either not get the sale price or buy the whole thing... and i never knew of gift giving or giveaways, because i was not in the community... thanks for your rudeness because i didnt have the same experince with the store as you... but mine was terrible... and i felt i didnt get half the things i wanted in expansions without the store... for the record i didnt play sims with friends or family, so who should i ask me to gift me things from the store... that would be no one, as they would laugh if i said i wanted objects from a online store for my game... there as with packs i can at least say i wish for this and this pack... so i am glad you had a wonderful experince with the store... i didnt...
    Well NOBODY minds when they get things for free.

(except when they spoil all their mods)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

-=<*>=-

Sorry that was my experince and it was different than yours... and for the record i felt i needed to buy the theme park, bakery, venice place, another one was the Bunch place, old mill, and the island one for the sauna things to name a few, and it is far from everything i felt i had to get there... as there were a lot more... and those i wanted were hardly ever on sale, or they were in packs with things i didnt want so i had to either not get the sale price or buy the whole thing... and i never knew of gift giving or giveaways, because i was not in the community... thanks for your rudeness because i didnt have the same experince with the store as you... but mine was terrible... and i felt i didnt get half the things i wanted in expansions without the store... for the record i didnt play sims with friends or family, so who should i ask me to gift me things from the store... that would be no one, as they would laugh if i said i wanted objects from a online store for my game... there as with packs i can at least say i wish for this and this pack... so i am glad you had a wonderful experince with the store... i didnt...

I'm not the one being rude. It's just you then, isn't it, when you say NEED those things. Because you can still play the game since there are still so many other options, so many other ways to play the game without them. So they're really not required. Also, it's not anyone's fault if you couldn't wait for those things to go on sale when the Daily Deals and Make-a-Deal is so prominent on that website. It took me a long time to get everything (I still have a few more things I want to get), and so has everyone else who hasn't bought anything there at full price. Moreover, all the things you've mentioned, the bakery, theme park, etc. have been on sale at one time or another - you just have to watch for them. I used to visit it once or twice a day to see what was on sale (doesn't take but a few seconds to see what will be on sale). You could also get them cheaper if you already have some of the items from those sets (Complete-A-Set). Lastly, the sim points go on sale every once in a while - a good time to stock up on those.

I myself have never been gifted either or tried for a giveaway. I only knew about them when I joined this forum a couple of years back. I don't really needed to be gifted or go for the giveaways though, but that's what you could try for since you are a member of this forum (so now no excuse that you didn't know). You could also get good tips on shopping if you go the TS3 part of the forum - there's a whole section of it dedicated to the Sims 3 store.

And for you to say you didn't have a wonderful experience with the Sims 3 Store - I think the whole fiasco with TS4 is worse. You would have to buy a whole pack - no choice at all, unlike with the Sims 3 Store - of things you don't even want if you only want one or a few things from it. I think this is the major reason why they didn't open a store for TS4 - and the main reason why they didn't provide a color wheel or the ability to change an object's patterns. They wouldn't make as much money from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top