Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is disgusting

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think people have a right to have an opinion and disagree, but critics should be respectful and constructive.
    You don’t have to be mean to give your opinion.

Now, one of the gurus, probably angered by the critics, made a tweet that sounded like he was mocking the people who were disappointed, that just added fuel to the fire and probably made them even more angry. (Which doesn’t excuse anything, though).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    One of the responses actually made me laugh!

And this one too!

I've been reading through the responses but I haven't seen any threats or bullying though. Can anyone please post direct links of those?

Some of those things are a little uncalled for though. But yeah, not exactly death threats.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • asdzer2caasdzer2ca Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2020
    Attacking people is not cool and I absolutely love the Sims Dev team

However, this is business, and EA is bad at it, they are giving so little time to the devs and they want results... and now these poor devs are stuck in the middle...

Well this is what kind of community response you are going to get when you are greedy and give so little content at a crazy price.

The devs don't deserve the hate, honestly, but EA does.
    tJkV4Ax.jpg
    Play The Sims 3 Forever
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    It's not a thousand dollars if YOU DON'T BUY IT. That's up to you. Not worth your money? Walk away.

The devs aren't lazy - they just aren't making what you want. This may not be the game for you. Take a little responsibility for yourself.

Don't like the product? Don't buy it. It really is that simple.

I am not entitled to give my money to give critics. As well as you're not entitled to pay me for talking to me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Personal attack is not acceptable. But I think the given how expensive this game is ( the sheer amount of dlc) , we have the right to demand the game to have some minimal QA standard. This game is so buggy it is quite frustrating. I feel like we players are being used as unpaid testers. I have never played any games as buggy as the sims. :(
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    devs don't need to be defended by y'all, they're grown up professionals working on a videogame in the most hated company on the field, if anything y'all are just making them look like whiners

the devs are basically the face of the sims, and given the fact people is disappointed about the state of the game, is obvious that there's gonna be a lot of criticism, but i've scrolled through many comments across yt or twiter and i've seen NONE that could hurt devs feelings, literally the most "hardcore" thing i read was that they're lazy, the rest are towards the new pack & ea and they're well deserved, i have only read facts

btw, people here has asked for proof on those supposed bullying tweets and y'all delivered nothing, not a single link, and even if you guys happen to find something it proves nothing, there's always people trolling this is not new, the bigger problem would be harassment or worse stuff about the DEVS THEMSELVES, come on dude being called lazy is not bullying lmao

ofc no one deserves bullying, but people is complaining about the pack cuz they have put money into this game, they have all the right to state their opinion respectfully, which is what they DID cuz they're disappointed

i still play ts4 every now and then but when things need to be said they gotta be said
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Personal attack is not acceptable. But I think the given how expensive this game is ( the sheer amount of dlc) , we have the right to demand the game to have some minimal QA standard. This game is so buggy it is quite frustrating. I feel like we players are being used as unpaid testers. I have never played any games as buggy as the sims. :(
    EA actually does have a playtester program. I don't mind reporting bugs to them. I rather not see a repeat of the Sims 3 of any Sims game being in denial and being called bug free. It is nice to help other Simmers out reporting them. Just like it is nice for the mod community to make mods and CCs. Nice selfless acts of kindness which I think why the pack angers people so much. People have forgotten about their hearts closing them up to others for so many years. I don't think it is something even the Sims games can fix.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    "Personal attack is not acceptable, but..." is like "I'm not racist, but..."

You don't have to have all the DLC. QA is ongoing - we get a patch nearly every month.

If you feel you have the right to DEMAND anything, your parents did a lousy job moving your Manners and Empathy values into the green zone before you aged up.

sir, we're on a thread talking about personal attacks and u throw outta nowhere a shady comment on that guy's education just cuz u disagree with him lmao

and what's so wrong in saying demand?

"Demand is an economic principle referring to a consumer's desire to purchase goods and services and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or service. Holding all other factors constant, an increase in the price of a good or service will decrease the quantity demanded, and vice versa. Market demand is the total quantity demanded across all consumers in a market for a given good. Aggregate demand is the total demand for all goods and services in an economy. Multiple stocking strategies are often required to handle demand."
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I used to report bugs religiously but at some point I got exhausted doing it. It is endless ...!

I don’t really mind them bringing In gameplay I don’t like. I don’t have to buy them. But I do want the game packs that I bought to work properly, I think it is a basic expectation really.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I used to report bugs religiously but at some point I got exhausted doing it. It is endless ...!

I don’t really mind them bringing In gameplay I don’t like. I don’t have to buy them. But I do want the game packs that I bought to work properly, I think it is a basic expectation really.
    It is ok. I understand. But yes even if you can't report them. Please let your fellow Simmers know so we can. I really don't mind it. Crinrict has been amazing helping the EA help section and I just really appreciate their work both for the Sims 3 and 4 with volunteering their time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now that more information is coming out some people are actually apologising. The fact that it will affect all the worlds except Holiday and StrangerVille worlds makes it now worth being an expansion pack .......and so on. Some people like to jump on bandwagons of spite and you never know...they might have been started by rivals or fans of Paralives etc., Best to wait I've found, before making judgements in any circumstances..

In a country where nearly 17 million are now out of work and 6.6 million claiming benefit, I salute the way EA is helping it's employees. <3
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    There is a difference between demand in the economic sense (as a noun) and demand as a verb, which means "insist on having" or "ask authoritatively or brusquely".

As in, there is a demand for certain things in the TS4 game (one of which, despite claims to the contrary a-la "no one wanted this", was a sustainable living theme). That doesn't give anyone the right to demand (insist on having, along with claims of the devs not listening to those specific people) contents.

This thread isn't about telling people they can't be dissatisfied or can't voice their concerns and criticism. It's about how people go about it, not just with this pack, though it's been particularly bad lately, but in general and way beyond just TS4.
    Mocking the devs is a not good way and is far from respectful. Neither is calling them lazy while not knowing the details of the work that goes into making a pack.

And I reiterate my previous statement: bullying comes in many forms. Stomping on someone's celebration of personal achievement and telling them it's a failure (because it's not something that the "critic" values) counts as such to me and to many others.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

You don't have to have all the DLC. QA is ongoing - we get a patch nearly every month.

If you feel you have the right to DEMAND anything, your parents did a lousy job moving your Manners and Empathy values into the green zone before you aged up.

I agree with the bolded part. But people are allowed to suggest EA themes. And while you might find it personally enjoyable, a lot of people in the community don't, because this game released without crucial gameplay systems that made the sims fun and engaging. It's by far the most boring game in the series as traits don't do jack 🐸🐸🐸🐸, there's no interests, they've yet to add a chemestry system, relationtips don't matter since sims in the red will get along as if they were besties etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

sir, we're on a thread talking about personal attacks and u throw outta nowhere a shady comment on that guy's education just cuz u disagree with him lmao

"Demand is an economic principle referring to a consumer's desire to purchase goods and services and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or service. Holding all other factors constant, an increase in the price of a good or service will decrease the quantity demanded, and vice versa. Market demand is the total quantity demanded across all consumers in a market for a given good. Aggregate demand is the total demand for all goods and services in an economy. Multiple stocking strategies are often required to handle demand."

He does that, he just claims we are the bullies, and at the end they end up bullying us...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't even use Twitter and see all the comments in https://twitter.com/i/lists/994711305746501632?lang=en

The Youtube link and lovely reading how packs are giving people anxiety without even buying them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ce9VSNsjE

Oh well c'est la vie. I love the digital footprint. But yes been seeing this since Get Together days, so blaming the quarantine is a poor excuse for the volcano that has been erupting for years. Back in the days where I was told signing up for a giveaway was taking it away from Simmers more deserving of the pack. Probably dates back to the yibSim days actually in 2013. Things have been going downhill ever since then.

Worst PR decision ever:
    http://modthesims.info/t/510461

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    There is a difference between demand in the economic sense (as a noun) and demand as a verb, which means "insist on having" or "ask authoritatively or brusquely".

As in, there is a demand for certain things in the TS4 game (one of which, despite claims to the contrary a-la "no one wanted this", was a sustainable living theme). That doesn't give anyone the right to demand (insist on having, along with claims of the devs not listening to those specific people) contents.

This thread isn't about telling people they can't be dissatisfied or can't voice their concerns and criticism. It's about how people go about it, not just with this pack, though it's been particularly bad lately, but in general and way beyond just TS4.
    Mocking the devs is a not good way and is far from respectful. Neither is calling them lazy while not knowing the details of the work that goes into making a pack.

And I reiterate my previous statement: bullying comes in many forms. Stomping on someone's celebration of personal achievement and telling them it's a failure (because it's not something that the "critic" values) counts as such to me and to many others.

but we're talking about a producer-consumer relationship, when people demands, they ain't forcing devs to death to do what people wants, they're just telling them what they want to see in the game, that's called feedback. 6 years have passed, and most of the stuff people have asked aren't yet in the game, of course criticism gets to more and more

sometimes people chooses words poorly when talking without meaning any harm. for example jimbbq's opinion does not seem rude or mandatory at all, he is just saying he wants to see something in the game. sindocat's answer was out of tone

i know what's like to pick wrong words cuz my english is utterly cr*p (not native language)

besides. what i said; the majority of disappointed players are not mocking the devs when they mention them, they are just talking about the whole entity of the producer which is, well, the people in charge of the sims. but is NOT personal, there's a big difference

bullying is a serious thing and being called lazy (not even in a personal way) is not bullying. i'm sure that devs don't need no one to feel offended on their behalf
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

He does that, he just claims we are the bullies, and at the end they end up bullying us...

:/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @bellagoth_ The thing is, it's not about the majority and how they voice their criticisms. There are many people who have expressed disappointment with the current pack's theme in a respectful way. This whole thread is about the part of the community that deliberately chooses their words to be mocking or demanding, the ones that project their own disappointment with something onto the entire community, the ones that claim that it's a death knell of the franchise, the ones who have chosen to mock other community members who like the pack's theme.

Saying "this pack is rubbish" isn't telling the devs what someone would like to see in the game. It's a self-centered perspective where that someone doesn't want anyone but themselves catered to.
    We're a big community, there are people with a multitude of requests and wishes for what the game is still missing (I have my own list, as I'm sure every person in this thread does). Some things are suitable for packs, others need to be added to the base game, realistically some things simply can't be done in this iteration. So yes, there is a big demand for a massive amount of things. And we have spaces (including twitter replies but also many more) where we can voice our requests.

I do understand the frustration of not getting precisely the things we want, the way we want them. I've been in that place with many things. But at the end of the day, it's everyone's choice of how they decide to show that frustration. And I believe that an increasing number of people do so in horrible ways of personal attacks (no, they don't need to be aggressive or violent to be bad), mockery, and bashing of everything that isn't exactly to their liking.

Granted, I'm pretty sure a portion of the people who choose to be that way is determined to find fault with everything, without even knowing what it is.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    EA actually does have a playtester program. I don't mind reporting bugs to them. I rather not see a repeat of the Sims 3 of any Sims game being in denial and being called bug free. It is nice to help other Simmers out reporting them. Just like it is nice for the mod community to make mods and CCs. Nice selfless acts of kindness which I think why the pack angers people so much. People have forgotten about their hearts closing them up to others for so many years. I don't think it is something even the Sims games can fix.

I don't think just because people dislike the pack means they have closed hearts
    they may do all these things in real life and may not want to do them in game
    or it just might not be there cup of tea which is fine they don't have to like it
    though I know these things are close to your heart because you like keeping the earth clean alot
    @Scobre
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    amberlunez wrote: »
    > @muze said:
    > I want to believe those people are just a bunch of angry teenagers and nothing more.

I feel like for the most part they're *not* though, because most of the biggest complainers tend to be people who think that by playing the first 3 iterations of the sims, they are somehow more knowledgable than the people who make the game/are entitled to make decisions for a company they don't work for.

Them, as adults, might not be happy with the team's decisions, may compare TS4 with previous games as they've been playing the game for ages but it doesn't give them the right to be nasty and rude towards others.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Well said, if you don't want a pack then don't buy it, no reason to trash those who make it or do want to buy it. I know alot of folks have been frustrated for many different reasons, but they do put alot of time and work into what they are creating.

I wasn't as excited when I first heard about it, but after watching their trailer I've already pre-ordered the pack. I can't wait to make some candles and clean another world, still working on cleaning Sulani in my current game, so gotta hurry to catch up before new one is out.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    This may very well go in one ear and out another but it's absolutely deplorable how some people are attacking the Sim gurus on Twitter about the Eco Expansion pack. If you don't like a pack, you are entitled to your opinion but the vicious, mean, cruel, and horrible attacks on the gurus are inexcusable. Please be better people, please.
    Welcome to the internet!

Seriously, there's a reason social media is notorious for being terrible. These people know they're awful and they're proud of it, and some will state that if you ask.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Constructive criticism seems rare nowadays 😑
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Saying something is "rubbish" just like that is properly called a rubbish remark and extremely rude in my opinion, especially when it comes before one knows everything about a pack. There's a bit too much on Twitter nowadays and if I'd got such I would have blocked 'em but EA accepts brickbats and praise likewise it seems.

I'm not pre-ordering as I don't like my money being taken before I get things, as Origin does, but will do so when it comes out. There's a lot in it hopefully, that will keep me experimenting for months and forget the present situation a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top