Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid Bachelorette! (Paused)

lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
Welcome, ladies and gents, to the very first...Mermaid Bachelorette!

Here, a mermaid looking for love (and not for victims) will live with your Sims, abiding by the rules of the challenge and eliminating them one by one until only their true match is left. That being said, let's meet our Bachelorette!

05-07-20_3-42-39_PM.png

Meet Amira Carlisle! She's looking for love...

05-07-20_3-43-21_PM.png

And knows that it can take many forms!

I'd really like to do this with submitted Sims, so if you're interested, please send me a picture of your Sim and some backstory, and then a link to download them from your gallery! May 20th will be the end of submissions, unless I get seven contestants before then.

Contestant 1 - Shiro Kyonshi
Contestant 2 - Callum O' Sullivan
Contestant 3 - Ursula Black-Star
Contestant 4 - Skye Reed
Contestant 5 - Zissy Picabo
Contestant 6 - Scorpius Lionfiss
Contestant 7 - Arhun Shonwuh

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Post edited by lilypadmeulin on

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I want to make one! I hope to have a contestant by this afternoon.
    Are there any packs that you don't have?
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited May 2020
    @15aewar

Get Famous, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Moschino, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio are all the ones I don't have!
    Post edited by lilypadmeulin on
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @15aewar

Discover University, Get Famous, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Moschino, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio are all the ones I don't have!

Thank you so much! I think the character I made doesn't have any of those packs. (At least, I hope it doesn't!)
    Shiro Kyonshi
    RDGeMJr.png
    This is one of my character's grandparents. I've been sort of sitting on the idea for his character for a while. In short, Shiro grew up working at his dad's pufferfish restaurant in Sulani. He was too afraid of taking it over when his dad disappeared, so he sold the shop and headed for San Myshuno.

Shiro isn't looking to marry a mermaid. He wants as little to do with the Sulani life as possible...but the islands seem to have other ideas.

My gallery ID is 15aewar. Shiro is under the same hashtags as in the screenshot. :)

More screenshots!
    Normal Form
    SQImxfU.png
    Mermaid Form
    rkiS5nD.png
    15aewar wrote: »
    @15aewar

Discover University, Get Famous, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Moschino, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, and Perfect Patio are all the ones I don't have!

Thank you so much! I think the character I made doesn't have any of those packs. (At least, I hope it doesn't!)
    Shiro Kyonshi
    RDGeMJr.png
    This is one of my character's grandparents. I've been sort of sitting on the idea for his character for a while. In short, Shiro grew up working at his dad's pufferfish restaurant in Sulani. He was too afraid of taking it over when his dad disappeared, so he sold the shop and headed for San Myshuno.

Shiro isn't looking to marry a mermaid. He wants as little to do with the Sulani life as possible...but the islands seem to have other ideas.

My gallery ID is 15aewar. Shiro is under the same hashtags as in the screenshot. :)

More screenshots!
    Normal Form
    SQImxfU.png
    Mermaid Form
    rkiS5nD.png

Thank you so much @15aewar ! Shiro is officially the first bachelor to join our ranks! (I love him so much, by the way, and I love the creative backstory, which will DEFINITELY come into things.)
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    Hello @lilypadmeulin - what is Amira's sexual orientation? And are we allowed to use cc?
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Here I present to you a contestant for your mermaid bachelorette challenge.

L: Normal Form
    R: Mermaid Form
    mgzRWAv.jpg

Name: Callum O'Sullivan

Backstory: Everyone thinks Callum is a typical guy who loves sports and beach life. What they don't know is that he has a deep secret. During his teenage years, he was having fun at the beach with his friends when all of a sudden, a mysterious storm came and took him and several people to a mysterious place. He was missing for a few days and when he came back to his house, he noticed that his legs had some funny feelings and they soon transformed into a fin. That let him surprised for sure. Despite what has happened, he was able to adjust to the mermaid life.

Gallery Link
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    @pinot_grigio

She's bisexual! For the time being I'm going to say no to CC, though.

@Simslover163

Callum is officially the second contestant!
    I now have a deadline! May 20th will be when I close submissions.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a mermaid from a different casting call that disappeared into a black hole...

Photo: here
    Name: Ursula Black-Star
    Bio: Ursula Black-Star is a mermaid. Unlike most mermaids, Ursula grew up with a rough life in the rough seas. Ursula never met her father who was eaten by a shark before she was born. To make matters worse, Ursula as a young merchild witnessed her mother get captured by a fishing net and strangled to death all for what people call commercial tuna fishing. Poor Ursula was then shunned by the other mermaids and abandoned. She was essentially raised by Octopi afterwards and as a result has some psychological baggage from.

Ursula can be found with the link above as well as the hashtag #GothMermaid
    @VanPelt81

Thank you! Ursula is now officially the third contestant! (I love her bio!)
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    1jjCY33.png

9kwoC3l.png

Skye Reed

Bio: If it weren't for the occasional spurting of scales, people would think that Skye was a vampire. She has the attitude, the completion, and the solo lifestyle. Her neighbors are often annoyed by the fact that she plays either rock, classical, or a mixture of them both late at night. She doesn't wake up before 9am, and when she does she can be grumpy for a period of time. Her roommates sometimes don't see her for days because she can keep an erratic schedule.

Skye is going to acting school and hopes to make it big soon. She was inspired by, embarrassingly, the Little Mermaid. But currently her inspiration is Geralt form the Witcher. She wants to be as Bad bummed as he is.

Skye seems like she could eat you for breakfast, but she's actually quite sweet under all of that makeup and black sweaters. She's looking for human (or other) affection and companionship. If you'll put in the effort, she'll pull out her acting sword and slay monsters for you.

Can be found with #MerCasting. I use cc eyes, but otherwise I think I didn't use any cc and I hope I used only packs that you have.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't find Skye on the Gallery, but she is officially contestant 4!
  • marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    I would be happy to create a contestans. I broadcast screenshots and bio during the day. :)
    @marryacheesecake I'll save you a spot then! Looking forward to it!
    My origin ID is Irishsong22, and she's up with the last name Reed. Remember to tick the cc box.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2020
    So there she is. Zissy Picabo - my little mermaid.
    I hope I haven't missed a pack you don't have.

Sims.png

Bio:
    Admittedly, the name Zissy is more like a lovely girl, who at best describes the greatest revolt of her life that day when she accidentally wore two different socks. But the fact that the name does not mean everything shows in its very contradictory nature. The sugar-sweet looking young woman is fist-thick behind the ears. Zissy doesn’t have many relevant dreams. However, your greatest one day is to help change the world. As reluctant to be in the spotlight, she would still like to be part of it. She sees herself as a rebel and every rebel needs his revolt, which he can devote himself to. The will dominates here to do better than others. She is something of an activist in the marine world, is committed to environmental and animal protection and a fairer future for everyone and the common good. In order to tackle many problems at the root, they are drawn out into the human world. But in addition to all the zeal, there must also be a place for love, right?

I give you the link to the gallery.
    https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/11C9E3D3948A11EA845BCACF082CCAF1?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=marryacheesecake&max=50&maxis=false

My Origin ID is same like here: marryacheesecake
    edited May 2020
    @Irishsong

She's not got an aspiration from content I own - is there any you'd prefer her to have? (I had indeed forgotten to click the CC box! I'm sorry.)
    @marryacheesecake

Thank you so much! She's very cute!
    I don't really have an opinion, I rarely even work towards sims aspirations any way.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • INFINILokiINFINILoki Posts: 25 Member
    I have a set of sibling merpeople, would they both be able to join?

(Also wasn't clear to me, but do our sims have to be mers? or is mermaid bacherlorette simply pertaining to that fact Carlisle is one? )
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I have a cool, geeky vampire who she might like. I'd love to post photos soon, but I'm not playing the game right now. But if she's only into Mersims, I have a mermaid as well. 😊
    @INFINILoki

One Sim per person, for right now! Also, Mermaid Bachelorette just pertains to the fact that the Bachelor/Bachelorette is a Mermaid! I'll reserve you a spot anyway.

@Butterfreeguy

I'd love the vampire to be the last contestant!

edited May 2020
    @lilypadmeulin Awesome, I'll load up the game for some photos and write out a backstory soon. I'm at work atm, so I can't.

But my vampire Sim is already up for download, I think. Look for Origin ID Butterfreeguy and search for my Sims named "The Supernaturals". The vampire is between these Sims and is named Arhun Shonwuh. I don't know if I uploaded him as a young adult or teen. He aged up in my game already, but I forgot which version I uploaded. I can upload him solo if you'd prefer it that way.

Edit: I realized that Arhun might have lots of clothing of packs that you don't have. If you want me to change that, I'll re-upload him when I get the chance.
    @Butterfreeguy

It would be awesome if you uploaded him solo! I can't wait to add him to the household!
    @lilypadmeulin It's going to be either tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when he's finished.