The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    IF the roadmap actually has hints and it isn’t coincidence + us wildly reaching, here’s what I’ve got: https://i.imgur.com/h85JvNg.jpg

So the things I can’t place are basically the toddler, cats, and owl.

It could just be animals, because eco = animals if you squint. But other thoughts? (Fully spitballing)

- Egypt (cats and owls fit that well).
    - Farming (Bobcat tractors and barn owls)
    - A daycare / pet sitting business GP that also adds a bunch of new pets to care for?
    - The cats and toddlers are just a knitting reference (yarn and rocking chair respectively)
    - CAT is an acronym for an upcoming feature (create a town, create a time, create a trait)
    - Zoo or safari (the toddler is hugging a bear, after all).

What do you think?

What if you circled the wrong thing and the hint isn’t the toddler but the image on her dress: the unicorn?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    There's so much space in Magnolia Promenade that I wonder if there will be new lots added there eventually, like the skating rinks etc. Looks rather like a waste of World space at the moment. Promenade reminds me of seasides and Ports.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't care what it is most of the things they are making are Dumb.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Now I'm thinking it's a cars gamepack, with basic cars being patched in first.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I'm still hoping for Werewolves.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Maybe all the cats on the roadmap image are a reference to an acronym, and the next gamepack will be The Sims 4: Cars And Trains. (or, Cars And Travel).
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe all the cats on the roadmap image are a reference to an acronym, and the next gamepack will be The Sims 4: Cars And Trains. (or, Cars And Travel).

I would love this so much but I think it will be a farm animal pack including horses, cows, sheep, chickens and maybe pigs (and hopefully llamas). Horses/llamas (?) will work like cats and dogs but the rest will be objects. I think that there will be a few gameplay objects to match the animal by-products e.g. a butterchurn for cows. They might throw in a preserve maker object, too?

Kind of sounds a lot for a gamepack now though so I'm not sure.

There are an awful lot of animals on that picture for it to be a coincidence though...
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I really hope it is not farming. I want that to be an EP with a big world
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking it's a cars gamepack, with basic cars being patched in first.

Yeah go for Cars Game Pack
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I really hope it is not farming. I want that to be an EP with a big world

I feel the same. I am DESPERATE for farm animals. I get my fix in Sims 3, but I really want them in Sims 4. The gamepacks have been my favorite gameplay wise, but farming needs a big world, which gamepacks don't usually have.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hmm. I’m thinking a county fair/carnival. Rides and even a hay ride for the kids. What better place to sell those fizzy drinks or candles or knitted items? Maybe a chili contest. Canning added to make preserves. Apple picking. Boardwalk type games to win huge stuffed animals. Psychic career added so sims can get their palms read. This is the only thing I could think of that hasn’t really been done except the boardwalk games and the paranormal career.

Forgot to add maybe even set up and rent a booth for the day
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Is anyone familiar with the Travelocity Gnome from Amazing Race?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

That is a genius idea. Am I the only one who noticed a new train in the Willow Creek neighborhood and there's containers that resemble the new town? I know that I can't be crazy and not have noticed this train before. I know of the trolley already so this definitely looks new!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really think it's an African destination with safaris.

Keep in mind it's a major first, so cars and farms are out.
  • Iago12Iago12 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > My guess is that the game pack will have a town that is stuck in medieval era and you have horses, cows, sheep, and other farm elements. They could also add royalty role play and perhaps have castles and so forth. I personally would love a medieval farm mixture because that would be such a fun combination of gameplay possibilities! You could have a sword fighting skill. They could bring back archery. There could be butter churning. However, I'd prefer a theme like this be a full out expansion pack to fully deepen each element!

plus some Dragons!!!!!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

That is a genius idea. Am I the only one who noticed a new train in the Willow Creek neighborhood and there's containers that resemble the new town? I know that I can't be crazy and not have noticed this train before. I know of the trolley already so this definitely looks new!

The train and shipping containers have always been there from day one. I wouldn't take that as a hint at all.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »

The train and shipping containers have always been there from day one. I wouldn't take that as a hint at all.

Have they???! Wow! I really must be blind. I guess I didn't live in this specific neighborhood that much. I've had the game since release day too! Whoops.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    It might be an adolescent pack or something. There was a guru that asked us in a poll about which child is the favorite or something. It was so random that I think that it's something important.

They said it was a major first it could honestly be anything lol
    And that's all I have.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2020
    My guess is an African travel-themed/safari pack, a new supernatural pack, or indeed something medieval, but then again - that wouldn't really be a major first in the series. I think a futuristic theme isn't likely because that theme is too close to Eco lifestyle, and EA would probably want to make their yearly range of DLC as varied as possible.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I know it's supposed to be a major first so maybe it's a pack focusing slowly on personalities add memory systems add a romance system as well those are all things people have been asking for and it would be a first in the Sam's if it was just a pack concentrating on those things and nothing else I want a family pack like generations though with lots of things for the kids to do though I doubt that'll be it because that's not new to the franchise
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Or maybe it's a pack where you can play mini games with your Sims you know like you can do in Tomodachi Life but way more in depth I would also really like a castaway pack or medieval pack but those two things have been done in The Sims before although not on the the main line so I don't think it's them a superhero pack is a possibility that was in the
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Maybe if we look at past polls we can see what themes they were considering?
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I guess that we will recive Hotel Game Pack (something similar to Dine Out) because I've seen that Community Survey in January ask for that.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/the-sims-4-community-survey-hints-at-significant-gameplay-overhaul/sims4-2/
    edited May 2020
    This poll is from may 2018! So the time-travel theme may not be that far-fetched...

x9gwhGQ.png?1
    edited May 2020
    Also, 'Winter World', 'Superheroes', 'Love', 'Faries' and 'Farming' were all mentioned as possible themes throughout old surveys. The farming theme even got its own twitter poll, after which the community voted for farm animals to be the main focus of that possible pack. Also interesting is the mention of a 'Vacation' expansion pack in a very early survey:

'Head to Mt. Wright for fun winter getaway with ice skating, sledding, and snowboarding, and mysterious ice caves.
    Or head to Isla Cordinda to soak up the sun and build sand castles, surf the waves, and uncover ancient tombs.'

These were very early concepts, but it seems like they could have split up this theme in two expansions (Island Living and another pack), which makes the possibility of a winter vacation-themed expansion or game pack even bigger. I think that if they were to make that into an expansion they would include manageable hotels/resorts in the new gameplay.

So the new game pack could have something to do with time-travel/historic gameplay or a winter resort. Then for the november EP my bets are on farming - but I'll guess we'll see.