Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I expect we might get a farming game pack when all the groundwork has been done in the expansions. Eco Living is going the right way as a basis for it with ladders and more off the grid items. It's interesting that barn walls and doors aren't in any of the packs yet and they might be keeping them until later for something like that.

This new Expansion coming could be a basis for bringing in horses later if you choose an off the grid style world as one of the choices in a poll some time ago was Equitation.

That poll by SimGuruDoi some time ago might be a pointer to any of the packs coming in future if they are all in the mix. It's in the SimGuru Twitter thread.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hopefully some vacation spot. More traditional one.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member

HopeCrash wrote: »
    If you've noticed in the roadmap - the right side feature Sims from EPs and the left side feature a Sims from GPs. Now, when I look at the picture, I can see the hints for Eco Lifestyle on the EP side. Maybe the GP will be about wildlife or animal related theme? In an old EP survey from few years ago, they describe an GP idea called "small animal store", when you can build and run your own small animal store and sell/buy rabbits, parrots and turtles. If I remember correctly, this survey was published before Cats and Dogs realised.

You can find the survey here, among other ideas: https://simscommunity.info/2017/02/19/the-sims-4-game-pack-expansion-pack-survey-speculation/

I was noticing a summer Island pack in there. Only it mentioned not only living on the Island, but renting a beach cabin or going to a hotel,.... so why did the make Island living where you could live there but not rent? I can understand Outdoor retreat just being rentals, because it’s like a national park, but I think we should have been able to own a house in Siverdorado, as well as rent, or use a hotel..... the same with Island living.... Also we should have been able to access granite falls during the day without spending the night.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    After the reveal of "Eco Lifestyle" a "major first" worries me a lot. Maybe I have grown out of this franchise... Oh man, I can remember looking forward to the EP box in TS2 and opening it to find a flyer with the announcement of the next EP (six months in advance!) and it was an interesting topic - always!

Those were the days, oh how I miss those announcement flyers. No unnecessary secrecy, no guessing. I wish the team would go back to that marketing model so bad.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Erja888 wrote: »
    After the reveal of "Eco Lifestyle" a "major first" worries me a lot. Maybe I have grown out of this franchise... Oh man, I can remember looking forward to the EP box in TS2 and opening it to find a flyer with the announcement of the next EP (six months in advance!) and it was an interesting topic - always!

Those were the days, oh how I miss those announcement flyers. No unnecessary secrecy, no guessing. I wish the team would go back to that marketing model so bad.

You know there is nothing stopping EA/Maxis from doing that. It's their choice of how they want to market games. All EA has to do is decide which way works better for a consumer their way or the consumer's way. It might make them look better to many if they would stop the way they do things today.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    My guess is a Safari pack. We did see a lot of animals and sims dressed in safari clothes in the roadmap art, and we know none of that is coming in Eco Lifestyle or Knitting. And of course, it's a major first.

Also, the future cube did mention something about an utterly impressive foe and animal riding. Both totally fit this theme.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    CTRL+F "Dragons," 0 results. You guys disappoint me.

We've had dragons, but dragon riding hasn't been done before. No fully-grown dragons, either.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    CTRL+F "Dragons," 0 results. You guys disappoint me.

We've had dragons, but dragon riding hasn't been done before. No fully-grown dragons, either.

Im positive that dragons will come. They're just preparing the worlds to receive them 😊
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've finally decided (guessing) since this will be a major first for them as a franchise then it has to be a GP about disablities. There can be no other answer. (in my mind).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe a pet show. Or maybe some kind of bands. After all, we're about to get Heavy Metal as music...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    My guesses are: travel theme, teens or kids theme, or music festivals/bands.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    If it's "a major first", I expect a pack for millennials: K-pop bands, reality shows, music festival... Or maybe fashion oriented?
    I think music could be the theme because it's such a common hobby and it has been put aside for now.

Okay, but (while I desperately want more family and down-to-earth gameplay) a reality competition pack could be pretty fun. Your sim can be recruited into a reality show - different competitions. A dating show like the bachelor (as either a wooer or the wooed), a show where they have to maintain audience popularity to be voted on to the end, a prank show, an Amazing Race style competition, cooking competitions, etc. Make money as a reality star/competitor, and a new Reality Show Producer career, where you get to design the challenges yourself.

It WOULD be a first. Might be a lot for a GP though.

I do think teens are definitely definitely coming, but I don’t think they’ll be the next game pack. I’d put them later in the year or into next year. Same thing for an Alpine holiday. And honestly farming. I’d bet money they’re coming eventually, just not NEXT. Based on survey questions and just a general mood. I could be wrong, but I’d call any of those in the pipeline for November at absolute earliest, and so not this.

(And while teens will probably be a GP, and Alpine holiday could maybe be a GP, I think they know people will pay $40 for farming, so it’ll be an EP for sure. Might end up being an empty one that exploits that demand! But it’ll be an EP, I would guess).

All THAT being said- the roadmap image does have like a LOT of cats. And obviously it can’t BE cats, so I wonder if that will make sense later. Egypt? Sphinx?
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    the new game pack will be a winter vacation world
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I think it may be something Teen related. (I think I may have posted something along earlier in this thread, if so, sorry for repeating myself.)
    When they did the recent survey the only group they excluded were teens, so I think they have something in the works for them. I wonder could it either be sports, music or fashion related? I think it would be great to add bands to the game and extend the number of instruments available.
    Sports would be fun too, but I wonder how they would institute team playing, as there are already several individual sports available.
    Perhaps it will be a spare time pack with several things, but I certainly have a feeling they are going to offer something for the teens.
    Perhaps in the patch for it they will also free the babies, since that is family related and they have asked how much it is wanted. And / or perhaps they will add cars and teens can learn to drive.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'm really curious to see if they will use the Winter resort-theme for a Game Pack or an Expansion Pack.. I think it would be better off as a game pack, but if they introduce both hotels and resorts it could be big enough for an Expansion.. I'm just a bit hesitant about the location-oriented packs like IL - because of potential shallow gameplay.
    Hoping for a travel-themed GP here (African themed world or Winter resort) and a farming EP for nov/december. They would have to be original with the Build/buy for a farming pack though, since BB is already packed with rustic stuff after Cats and Dogs and Laundry Day.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still want Werewolves & Moonlight Falls in my Sims 4.
  • futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I think it may be something Teen related. (I think I may have posted something along earlier in this thread, if so, sorry for repeating myself.)
    When they did the recent survey the only group they excluded were teens, so I think they have something in the works for them. I wonder could it either be sports, music or fashion related? I think it would be great to add bands to the game and extend the number of instruments available.
    Sports would be fun too, but I wonder how they would institute team playing, as there are already several individual sports available.
    Perhaps it will be a spare time pack with several things, but I certainly have a feeling they are going to offer something for the teens.
    Perhaps in the patch for it they will also free the babies, since that is family related and they have asked how much it is wanted. And / or perhaps they will add cars and teens can learn to drive.

Agreed! Bringing back the shopping mall idea they brought up in the survey, I could see these things being connected. Teens & a Mall!

I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Hmmm. Maybe Lama ->Tibet/mountains. And Frozen Bunny -> cold.... so maybe a mountain climbing/ski destination world pack?
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2020
    An African-inspired world would indeed be totally new and this theme has been relatively overlooked by the Dev team so far. I've been wanting such a world since forever and hope that is indeed coming!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2020
    IF the roadmap actually has hints and it isn’t coincidence + us wildly reaching, here’s what I’ve got: https://i.imgur.com/h85JvNg.jpg

So the things I can’t place are basically the toddler, cats, and owl.

It could just be animals, because eco = animals if you squint. But other thoughts? (Fully spitballing)

- Egypt (cats and owls fit that well).
    - Farming (Bobcat tractors and barn owls)
    - A daycare / pet sitting business GP that also adds a bunch of new pets to care for?
    - The cats and toddlers are just a knitting reference (yarn and rocking chair respectively)
    - CAT is an acronym for an upcoming feature (create a town, create a time, create a trait)
    - Zoo or safari (the toddler is hugging a bear, after all).

What do you think?
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    IF the roadmap actually has hints and it isn’t coincidence + us wildly reaching, here’s what I’ve got: https://i.imgur.com/h85JvNg.jpg

So the things I can’t place are basically the toddler, cats, and owl.

It could just be animals, because eco = animals if you squint. But other thoughts? (Fully spitballing)

- Egypt (cats and owls fit that well).
    - Farming (Bobcat tractors and barn owls)
    - A daycare / pet sitting business GP that also adds a bunch of new pets to care for?
    - The cats and toddlers are just a knitting reference (yarn and rocking chair respectively)
    - CAT is an acronym for an upcoming feature (create a town, create a time, create a trait)
    - Zoo or safari (the toddler is hugging a bear, after all).

What do you think?

I feel like there has to be something to the animals. The two Sims on the right of the roadmap look like advocates/activists, which aligns with Eco Lifestyle’s in-game activism theme. I feel like it’s not far reaching to assume the next GP will have some sort of animal theme.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I love the idea of reality tv competitions ... A big brother / X factor type to put your sims through would have been a great addition to Get Famous.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    zensluv wrote: »
    An African-inspired world would indeed be totally new and this theme has been relatively overlooked by the Dev team so far. I've been wanting such a world since forever and hope that is indeed coming!

If TS4 had a Create-A-World, you wouldn't even have to wait for EAxis to make it for you as there are a lot of great world builders in the simming community. Someone had already made an African world for TS3 called Ziwa Bonde for example, which is amazing! It even has zebras you can ride! (Click on blue title to go to creator's website.)

I just think it's annoying that the devs don't give TS4 players any free tools to make worlds for themselves. Then you wouldn't have to ask and wait for the worlds you want.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    zensluv wrote: »

I'd love an African inspired world! Love the feelings of suspense and anticipation for what might come next.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a good feeling that they will announce the next game pack at the digital EA Play they are doing! Last year they announced Island Living, Moschino, and Realm of Magic all at once!